NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Avante dieded?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rip although I really didn't care for his voice. Only song I liked was...yep...Tom Sawyer.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Rip although I really didn't care for his voice. Only song I liked was...yep...Tom Sawyer.
    Geddy Lee?

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Never heard of him. Rip though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You ers are wrong lol... and uneducated.

Harper Lee wrote "To Kill a Mockingbird" and it's a she.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude...I can't be expected to remember an author of a book I read 30 years ago...I do remember boo radley and atticus finch...what was the girls name?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    who that?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Dude...I can't be expected to remember an author of a book I read 30 years ago...I do remember boo radley and atticus finch...what was the girls name?
    Jean Louise but she went by Scout as a little girl.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Harper apparently.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For real though, I tried to get through Go Set a Watchman but didn't enjoy it at all. I'm wondering if they really just discovered it as reported.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There's a reason she didn't publish it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There's a reason she didn't publish it.
    And I guess there's an obvious reason they did.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    She stands fast her entire life,,,then ruins her legend.

Damn her.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Felt a little concerned when my daughter started calling me by my first name because the only example of fatherhood that called to mind was Homer Simpson. It was oddly comforting when an old teacher reminded me that the kids did the same thing with Atticus.

Also I don't feel like starting a new thread for more dead celebs. RIP to George Kennedy and American Gladiator Hawk.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Felt a little concerned when my daughter started calling me by my first name because the only example of fatherhood that called to mind was Homer Simpson. It was oddly comforting when an old teacher reminded me that the kids did the same thing with Atticus.

Also I don't feel like starting a new thread for more dead celebs. RIP to George Kennedy and American Gladiator Hawk.
    A true stalwart. I read an obit yesterday where his grandson remembered he'd gone on a trip with Kennedy, a book signing event, and the man sat there for 3 hours signing, talking to these people one at a time. Afterward they sat in their hotel room and ate room service. "It means a lot for me to make even the smallest difference in those peoples lives."

Even though it was a corny movie and a super corny character his "Joe Petroni" in the original "Airport" is just ing incredible. We're introduced to his character via a phone call from Burt Lancaster "Mel" to Patroni's home to request that Joe come out in a winter storm to solve the problem.. He's on the couch with his wife, making out. They chose well here,,,a substantial woman with large breasts. He breaks their kiss to answer the phone. Yack, yack, yack...then "Give me the straight poop, Mel." LMAO!!!

Another off beat film from Kennedy from late '60's..."tick, tick, tick..." A poor man's "In the Heat of the Night." He plays the outgoing sheriff of this small southern town. Jim Brown plays the incoming sheriff. It's not an easy role, but, Kennedy does his duty and it make the film better than it should be. It also contains a nice soundtrack.

Another nice spot for him was in '73's "Thunderbolt & Lightfoot." Portrays a bank robber teamed with Eastwood and Bridges. Kennedy shows his stretch here and he travels twixt innocence, comedy and a lethal bent that costs Bridges/Lightfoot his life. Great movie also with a nice soundtrack from Paul Williams who was big then.

So many more...

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Scout. I got that without looking; but I saw half the movie within the last two years.

Thread Information