Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why pay for that ? Use an emulator like Nestopia for free.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/nestopia.html

The NES classic is terrible considering how short the cables are for the controllers.
    That site looks neat. Immediately interested in the PS2 emu.

Where are the games though? You need another site to get the games or what?

Probably need to buy a controller too for it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That site looks neat. Immediately interested in the PS2 emu.

Where are the games though? You need another site to get the games or what?

Probably need to buy a controller too for it.
    Get games at http://www.emuparadise.me/

Here is an install guide for PCSX2 (the best PS2 emulator).

PCSX2 runs really well for me. I have been playing God of War on it lately, and it looks so much better in 1080p. But PCSX2 needs a decent cpu. My preferred computer gaming pad is the XBox 360 wireless controller, but you need to buy the one that comes with the wireless dongle advertised as the gamepad for Windows PC (I personally use my controllers from my XBox 360 and bought a knockoff dongle off amazon for wireless connection to my PC).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-02-2016 at 04:05 PM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why pay for that ? Use an emulator like Nestopia for free.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/nestopia.html

The NES classic is terrible considering how short the cables are for the controllers.
    https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/30/8b...mepad-options/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get games at http://www.emuparadise.me/

Here is an install guide for PCSX2 (the best PS2 emulator).

PCSX2 runs really well for me. I have been playing God of War on it lately, and it looks so much better in 1080p. But PCSX2 needs a decent cpu. My preferred computer gaming pad is the XBox 360 wireless controller, but you need to buy the one that comes with the wireless dongle advertised as the gamepad for Windows PC (I personally use my controllers from my XBox 360 and bought a knockoff dongle off amazon for wireless connection to my PC).

Thank you based god.

I've been itching to play Ace Combat 4. One of the best games I've played.

I like familiarity so I'll look for a PS3 controller or something. Besides, I dont like the feel of the xbox controllers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you based god.

I like familiarity so I'll look for a PS3 controller or something. Besides, I dont like the feel of the xbox controllers.
    I don't know if PS3 controllers work on PC. ElNono would probably be able to tell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you based god.

Yes they do. I use Scarlett Crush Production's software to enable it. It only takes a few minutes to set up.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInpu...DS2-Controller

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes they do. I use Scarlett Crush Production's software to enable it. It only takes a few minutes to set up.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInpu...DS2-Controller
    Hey man, have you been able to get Shadow of the Colossus to play at a steady 60 fps on your system through PCSX2? I get lots of drops into the 40s on that one game but I was talking to someone who insisted he plays it at 60 fps on an i5-U laptop processor that should be much much slower than my Xeon E3-1231v3. The E3-1231v3 is an i7-4770 minus 100 MHz and with ECC support, marketed as an entry level server/workstation cpu. It benches the within 1-2% of the i7-4770 in things like Firestrike (physics score) and Cinebench, which can be explained by the 2.8% lower clockspeed (E3-1231v3 is 3.6 GHz on quadcore loads, i7-4770 is 3.7 GHz on quadcore loads). I'm wondering if this guy is full of or if I just have things configured incorrectly. Then again, maybe I just have an older version of the ROM? Because every other game I have tried runs 60 fps.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    at having grown men acting in their commercial
    At least they've stopped trying to sell their to little kids and their families instead of the people who actually buy consoles in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man, have you been able to get Shadow of the Colossus to play at a steady 60 fps on your system through PCSX2? I get lots of drops into the 40s on that one game but I was talking to someone who insisted he plays it at 60 fps on an i5-U laptop processor that should be much much slower than my Xeon E3-1231v3. The E3-1231v3 is an i7-4770 minus 100 MHz and with ECC support, marketed as an entry level server/workstation cpu. It benches the within 1-2% of the i7-4770 in things like Firestrike (physics score) and Cinebench, which can be explained by the 2.8% lower clockspeed (E3-1231v3 is 3.6 GHz on quadcore loads, i7-4770 is 3.7 GHz on quadcore loads). I'm wondering if this guy is full of or if I just have things configured incorrectly. Then again, maybe I just have an older version of the ROM? Because every other game I have tried runs 60 fps.
    Haven't tried it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks fantastic to me. A portable affordable console is exactly what modern gaming consoles should be about, considering they're losing ground all the time to PCs. Thoughts?
    Super Mario Odyssey looks amazing man. Holy , are you watching the livestream of the presentation from Nintendo right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super Mario Odyssey looks amazing man. Holy , are you watching the livestream of the presentation from Nintendo right now?
    Nah, playing rocket league. I'll watch it tomorrow at work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, playing rocket league. I'll watch it tomorrow at work.
    The rest of the presentation looked like . But damn Mario Odyssey looks killer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rest of the presentation looked like . But damn Mario Odyssey looks killer.
    I'm buying the out of Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and Mario Kart. I haven't played a Mario since Sunshine and Odyssey looks s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm buying the out of Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and Mario Kart. I haven't played a Mario since Sunshine and Odyssey looks s.
    They didn't show anything with Sonic. That franchise is a real mixed bag since going 3D. Mario Kart is just going to be the one already out on Wii U. It's an awesome game but nothing new. Zelda I'm not really sure about. I can't say I was wowed by the presentation of it, but Nintendo has such a strong track record with that series they probably should deserve the benefit of the doubt right now. Super Mario Odyssey looks like it could end up the best game of a stacked 2017 lineup just like Super Mario Galaxy in 2007. That game really looks impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey jeebus man, since you're into Nintendo have you ever played Abobo's Big Adventure? It's the best tribute I think I have ever seen to the NES.

http://abobosbigadventure.com/fullgame.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't show anything with Sonic. That franchise is a real mixed bag since going 3D. Mario Kart is just going to be the one already out on Wii U. It's an awesome game but nothing new. Zelda I'm not really sure about. I can't say I was wowed by the presentation of it, but Nintendo has such a strong track record with that series they probably should deserve the benefit of the doubt right now. Super Mario Odyssey looks like it could end up the best game of a stacked 2017 lineup just like Super Mario Galaxy in 2007. That game really looks impressive.
    I loved the original Mario Kart but hated the Wii version. Too many gimmicks to take you out. Heard the Wii U was better.

Anyway, if they do Mario Kart, Mario, And StarFox, I'll get one of these. There will be enough good other games to make it worth it. And I value the handheld aspect. I play the out of my Vita and would play more with a bigger screen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved the original Mario Kart but hated the Wii version. Too many gimmicks to take you out. Heard the Wii U was better.

Anyway, if they do Mario Kart, Mario, And StarFox, I'll get one of these. There will be enough good other games to make it worth it. And I value the handheld aspect. I play the out of my Vita and would play more with a bigger screen.
    Hopefully they don't just port the Wii U version of Starfox over, as that game was horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully they don't just port the Wii U version of Starfox over, as that game was horrible.
    That's what I read. A bunch of reviews mentioned that they totally redid the control scheme which forced you to watch the controller and the screen.
    I was close to buying a Wii U for my kid because I'd play the out of Mario Kart, Smash, and Starfox. But those reviews for SF literally kept my kid from getting the console. LOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say man, I think this thing is overpriced as at $300 with no game bundled in, especially considering it only comes with a cheap $10 32 GB microSD card for storage. That just isn't going to fly in the days of huge patches and DLC unless they make their cartridges capable of being written to. And the controller that comes with it looks horrible for TV mode gaming. So you have to spend $70 for the Pro controller and $40 for a 128 GB microSD card right off the bat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say man, I think this thing is overpriced as at $300 with no game bundled in, especially considering it only comes with a cheap $10 32 GB microSD card for storage. That just isn't going to fly in the days of huge patches and DLC unless they make their cartridges capable of being written to. And the controller that comes with it looks horrible for TV mode gaming. So you have to spend $70 for the Pro controller and $40 for a 128 GB microSD card right off the bat.
    Yeah, my excitement has dimmed a bit. Probably no longer a launch-day purchase for me. Might just say it and buy a gaming laptop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <br>

I'v avoided Sonic like the plague since they went 3D but now that it's back to what I grew up on... yes. Zelda is gonna be ing awesome, just trust me. I do like they're bringing back the Mario Kart 8 since no one bought a Wii U, so people like me who get the Switch can play it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey jeebus man, since you're into Nintendo have you ever played Abobo's Big Adventure? It's the best tribute I think I have ever seen to the NES.

http://abobosbigadventure.com/fullgame.php
    Never played it, negro. But I just did for a few mins and its ing awesome. New Grounds was the back in the day for awesome games.

I think the $400 is just fine. They got some better internals than the previous 2 systems so they probably had to bump things up a bit; plus you gotta cover battery costs and the sort. I don't think Nintendo isn't too big on DLC....I wonder how much their cartridges can hold. I also wonder how much the inevitable Zelda bundle machine will cost cuz that'll be numero uno on my gaming list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never played it, negro. But I just did for a few mins and its ing awesome. New Grounds was the back in the day for awesome games.

I think the $400 is just fine. They got some better internals than the previous 2 systems so they probably had to bump things up a bit; plus you gotta cover battery costs and the sort. I don't think Nintendo isn't too big on DLC....I wonder how much their cartridges can hold. I also wonder how much the inevitable Zelda bundle machine will cost cuz that'll be numero uno on my gaming list.
    If Nintendo's not big on DLC that's bad for third party support man, because that's a huge part of making big budget games profitable now. I don't think this forgoing of third party games is a good strategy. I know they sold a load of Wiis, but most of them were to casuals who didn't buy games after the first year and just used the system for netflix and . And then no one bought Wii U. I'm kind of worried Nintendo is just going to end up making Android and iOS games if Switch fails, and then they're going to have to go free to play with microtranscations since mobile gamers would rather get nickel and dimed to death instead of paying for the game once (look how badly Super Mario Run sold for a lousy $10). If this ends up another Wii U they're done with consoles. On the plus side maybe we'd see Super Mario and Zelda on PC and/or Playstation, which would be awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <br>

I'v avoided Sonic like the plague since they went 3D but now that it's back to what I grew up on... yes. Zelda is gonna be ing awesome, just trust me. I do like they're bringing back the Mario Kart 8 since no one bought a Wii U, so people like me who get the Switch can play it.
    Some of the 3D Sonic games are pretty good. For instance, Sonic Colors on Wii is incredible. But man some have been dog .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, my excitement has dimmed a bit. Probably no longer a launch-day purchase for me. Might just say it and buy a gaming laptop.
    I don't think any console makes sense to buy at launch. You pay the highest price, they're hard to find, and launch games usually suck. PS3 was the worst launch I can remember, it ticked all three of those boxes.

I think I'm just going to do what I did with PS4: wait until they get cheap as and there is a good library of exclusives, with many being discounted since they're not new anymore. For instance, the most I paid for any of my PS4 games is $18 for Bloodborne, even though I got all the exclusives that excited me about the system (God of War 3, Bloodborne, The Last of Us, the Uncharted series, and Journey). I think I paid $75 in total for those eight games, all new discs except Journey (which I got digitally). Hopefully Nintendo has some great exclusives to make it worth it in a year or two.

Thread Information