Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was awesome last night when Timmy was actually standing and Mills stole the ball and scored right after the put back dunk by LA and made it 92-88 the place was rocking for once this year and Tim gave a fist pump and was really into it when Mills made it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky was never "next in line." That's a label made up by fans. Coaching staffs aren't European monarchies, ruled by arbitrary lines of blood.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are gonna have to do a hard rebuild, having Timmy at the helm would at least make it more bearable.

I think it's obvious at this point that DeMar does not fit this team, and LaMarcus is probably on his way out the door too. That opens up some significant cap space...but the Spurs have never had much luck in the free market even when they have money to spend (sans LaMarcus, BoBo, and maybe Finley), so it's probably a coin-flip on if they are really able to upgrade that way.
    There’s also taking on liabilities into that space and getting assets along with them. But we know the owner is too poor to ever do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't think that Becky wanted to make her coaching debut with pop getting thrown out of a game. Maybe sometime in the near future pop will take a game off and she will be the designated coach for the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just posted about this in the other thread, Bonner said in post game that it was Timmy who had scouted the blazers so it made more sense for him to run the team even though he is not in line, becky is.
    Male privilege worked for Timmy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The success of a player coach is maybe like 10%.

cholesterol getting into fat antonio heads.

Timmy wont be a good coach. All time greats are usually bad at coaching.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dosent look good for becky with so much more experience that they had to "coach by committee" even tho she is technically next in line and she didn't look to be the leader
    Hammond does not have more experience than Duncan, Duncan was calling plays in the huddle when he was a player. he was coaching opponents while playing games. He is far more experienced in the speed and knowledge of the NBA game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone tell me why there's so much enthusiasm for Becky to be Pop's successor? The only thing I'm hearing it's because she's a female and she'll make history. I think Tim is the perfect candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are gonna have to do a hard rebuild, having Timmy at the helm would at least make it more bearable.

I think it's obvious at this point that DeMar does not fit this team, and LaMarcus is probably on his way out the door too. That opens up some significant cap space...but the Spurs have never had much luck in the free market even when they have money to spend (sans LaMarcus, BoBo, and maybe Finley), so it's probably a coin-flip on if they are really able to upgrade that way.
    Spo would come take the job from him and Tim would end up paying for Spo's personal gym.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    beck is technically number 2 but shes not a true number 2 like messina. she’ll get there with a *bit* more experience but it makes sense to default to a committee with pop ejected, led by whoever was charged with scouting the given opponent. after a year or so of her being number 2 it would be insulting for her not to be the coach when pop is out ... tbh imho

but then duncan is goat so theres that also to consider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever said she is next in line?
    Being lead assistant coach according to hierarchy puts her there traditionally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was awesome last night when Timmy was actually standing and Mills stole the ball and scored right after the put back dunk by LA and made it 92-88 the place was rocking for once this year and Tim gave a fist pump and was really into it when Mills made it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being lead assistant coach according to hierarchy puts her there traditionally
    It's just a position that was given so that Gregg could show how woke he is.

Timmy didn't come back to play second banana to Becky ing Hammon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict Pop hangs on until Bud’s available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD being the next Spurs head coach is a future I would sign up for
    He just needs a better roster to deal with. He needs a group of players out there who have the same will to win that the Big 3 had. These guys look like they couldn't care less on most nights.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    players dont make good coaches.
    What about Larry Bird? He's the only guy in NBA history to win MVP, Coach Of The Year, and Executive Of The Year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fanboy in me would love it, but the realist in me says hard pass tbh. Great players almost never make good head coaches and as soon as things got sour, I’d start having to hate on Timmy and I don’t want to live in a world where I do that tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I don’t know how to feel about the possibility of Timmy becoming head coach. At the moment I absolutely love watching games and seeing my favourite ever sportsperson on the sidelines but part of me worries if it doesn’t work out it will affect his legacy in some way. I mean, Pops delivered 5 ships and the way people talk about him around here is not something I think I could stomach Timmy copping.
    TD, DRob, Manu and Tony delivered the championships...without them, pop couldn't deliver groceries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC doesn't know Carlisle was a NBA player won a chip with the Celtics and thats why Bird gave him the Indiana Job

LOL Bolded DONKS popcultist on this board.

sick burn on apalisoc_9 dude
    Don't @ me, got.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    players dont make good coaches.

I hope you are kidding. Of the top 9 coaches all time, Pop is the only one who didn't play.

Most coaching victories, NBA history

• Don Nelson
    • Lenny Wilkins
    • GREGG POPOVICH
    • Jerry Sloan
    • Pat Riley
    • George Karl
    • Phil Jackson
    • Larry Brown

Rick Adelman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you are kidding. Of the top 9 coaches all time, Pop is the only one who didn't play.

Most coaching victories, NBA history

• Don Nelson
    • Lenny Wilkins
    • GREGG POPOVICH
    • Jerry Sloan
    • Pat Riley
    • George Karl
    • Phil Jackson
    • Larry Brown

Rick Adelman

none of these are duncan level players

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim could suit up and do better than everyone on the floor not named Aldridge.
    He still is better than LMA..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of these are duncan level players
    None of the failed Duncan level coaches had Duncan level leadership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu has way more coaching potential. Whether he’s willing to take the reins after another year or two of retirement is a whole other question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still is better than LMA..
    I actually believe that.

Thread Information