Page 57 of 171 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just grab the best talent available, forget position at this point. Also, it’s finally time to start consolidating the young pups for better assets (ideally to move up in this draft).

And in free agency be a dumping ground for a year to get picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just grab the best talent available, forget position at this point. Also, it’s finally time to start consolidating the young pups for better assets (ideally to move up in this draft).

And in free agency be a dumping ground for a year to get picks.
    We have 6 first rounders from the past 5 drafts, plus #12 this year.
    DJ $14.2
    White $15.1
    Lonnie
    Luka
    Keldon
    Devin
    2021#12

If you look at those first two extension year 1 amounts, and do some math, it’s obvious that not everyone is getting a nice extension. That tends to cause friction. It would be easier to move a few of them spread over a couple of years, and Lonnie is at the top of my list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ $14.2
    White $15.1
    Lonnie
    Luka
    Keldon
    Devin
    2021#12

If you look at those first two extension year 1 amounts, and do some math, it’s obvious that not everyone is getting a nice extension. That tends to cause friction. It would be easier to move a few of them spread over a couple of years, and Lonnie is at the top of my list.
    Where do you think Lonnie plus #12 gets you to in the first round?

What does Lonnie on his own get you in terms of a pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Might as well ask what do any of the above guys get you ? DJ & White are proven commodities who got sizeable raises because of their skills. Keldon & Devin have obvious worthwhile skills which other NBA teams surely have already noticed. Lonnie brings it sometimes so he has "it" just not consistently and Luka doesn't play enough to truly show what ever skills he has. What do these guys bring in terms of a pick. Hard to say because we would be the sellers trying to get something of equal or better value but we all know how the spurs do in trades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't see how some posters seem to ignore what luka showed on the defensive side of the ball.
    They are just taking their queue from Pop. When he played meaningful minutes he was one of the best players on the floor. He was a +/- monster. The team performed better when he was on the court. Everyone but Pop could see it. It’s not about earning minutes it’s about earning minutes and Pop recognizing it. Unfortunately, the 2 biggest lost opportunities this year were the lack of playing time for Luka and to a lesser degree playing time for Vassel. Pop acted like it was more important to give Mills and Gay PT to make sure they get paid well this off season. Their well-being was more important than the team’s development.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's a list of guys i thin will be in play for us at 12. There isn't any order, its random, so it does not mean that first guy is better than the second..etc.

1. Giddey, watching Giddey, he reminds me alot of Derrick white, in that he can do a bit of everything, he's not going to be elite in one thing, but will spread the score sheet. Concern for me personlly is the lack in Wing span and athletism.
    2. Sengun, he has the tools and skill sets to be a solid player. i don't think he'll ever develop into a first option but could into a second option. My issue with him, from what I've seen is that is skill set kind of resembles Luka. I feel as if there somewhat similar player. Both rely on a Spin move, both can pass, similar paint game at times. The only think Sengun, lack is the speed and Athletism that Luka has.
    3. Kai Jones, very athletic big men, that can score, while be a high level defender, he super thin and need rare. To tell you the truth, i haven't really watched him that much, other than a few clips.
    4.Garuba, know for his long wingspan, which will be his ticket to be a solid player. personally I feel like he has one the biggest upsides in the draft outside of the top 5. the big problem, he's is really raw offensively. Like I said, defense is his calling card, and i can say that he might be the best defender in this class. he has the ability to guard 2-4 with lock-down defense, with his size, quickness, it's something that we lack. Over he has as much upside as anyone else in this draft, but he's going to be a projected, and he's one of my favorite players in the draft.
    5. Wagner, similar to Giddey, but better 3pt shooting and ability to be a better defender. similar concerns to Giddey as well.
    6. Williams, is a former 5-star recruit, with big upside as a two-way player. he has solid footwork for a guy his sizing. solid court vision. There is concern with his handle and his lack of strength. Which i understand. But if I'm spur I would invite him to the draft conbine, and work with him to see what kind of play he could be. I feel like out of all the player, he is the one that will benefit him the most, expecially with the bad offseason with covid, standford being a mess, and two deaths in his family do to covid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ $14.2
    White $15.1
    Lonnie
    Luka
    Keldon
    Devin
    2021#12

With Dieng as a possible resign and Eubanks solidifying a roster spot for cheap, I can see Spurs moving Poeltl + (One of the gaurds/wings) for another first rounder or another developing prospect from another team already on a roster. In this scenario, Spurs are probably looking really hard at Segun who screams Spurs-like pick. If Spurs don't trade anyone, it would be hard to pass on Garuba too. Moody, Wagner are probably gone. NBA teams will almost always draft for size and Spurs need to follow this year as they've already ac ulated too many guards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because of the narrative around how awesome this draft is (we'll see if true), i dont think any of our guys get you into the top 6. Then the question is, if they CAN land you 7-11 is it really worth the jump? I don't know if it makes sense there, unless they love someone. So something like young guy/12 to ORL for 8/Bamba.

For me, the first thing needs to be to figure out the White/DJ thing. If White didnt get hurt so much, I'd say the choice is easy but here we are.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Dieng as a possible resign and Eubanks solidifying a roster spot for cheap, I can see Spurs moving Poeltl + (One of the gaurds/wings) for another first rounder or another developing prospect from another team already on a roster. In this scenario, Spurs are probably looking really hard at Segun who screams Spurs-like pick. If Spurs don't trade anyone, it would be hard to pass on Garuba too. Moody, Wagner are probably gone. NBA teams will almost always draft for size and Spurs need to follow this year as they've already ac ulated too many guards.
    I agree with your thoughts. I'm not sure they will move on from Yak, though, but I think it makes sense to some degree because unless they surprisingly draft Giddey to feed him the ball, we are going to ride or die with Dejounte it looks like, and Yak is sort of MIA on offfense, though I'll admit Dejounte did minimally better in the last month of feeding him the ball.

Garuba. Yeah, I'm higher on him then other posters are. I see a potential DPOY candidate who makes good decisions. His knock is basically a lack of a jumper, that's what it comes down to, but I think his form is actually better than Giddey.

Edit: A big man rotation of Dieng, Eubanks, Garuba, Luka is sort of interesting. Lots of complementary skills: shooting, defense, mobility, switchability, can play big or small. But with Garbua, I get it, is there enough offensive upside to draft him that highly?
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 05-27-2021 at 11:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you trade Lonnie and the second round pick for a late first round pick? Is his value enough to get that? I don’t think Lonnie moves the team up from 12 at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you trade Lonnie and the second round pick for a late first round pick? Is his value enough to get that? I don’t think Lonnie moves the team up from 12 at all.
    Honestly, yes. If that could get us Chris Duarte or Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, then I'd jump at that. I may be overselling those two guys and underselling Lonnie, but his defense took such a nose dive I'd rather have a solid multi-faceted two way player with a lower ceiling but a much higher floor. There are other players with more upside that obviously should be considered, but those are the two that for some reason into my mind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is WAY better than a late first in this or any draft.
    Honestly, if he can one day gain consistency, he's probably the most talented of the young guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if he can one day gain consistency, he's probably the most talented of the young guys.
    But I think it's more than consistency. His defense is fairly bad now. The year before Pop would yell at him to play defense and it sort of worked, but I'm afraid he's seeing himself as some sort of microwave player, yet lacks confidence. I'm not loving that combination, yet I do love Lonnie. I think I'm just taking the glasses off. I said previously that he should be given next year as I assumed last year was weird for him now that he is facing his prior trauma, but maybe I'm overstating that. He's a confusing player. He could improve, but definitely needs a new coach. If Pop returns next year, I'd trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about that. It's whether we want to pay for lonnie when he's such a wild card. A late first is salary controlled. Lonnie is for one season. He may cost less or more than Murray and isn't a primary ballhandler. Maybe next season reveals a breakout, but if the scenario is that lonnie isn't worth extendending, would you want an extra pick, or to chance restricted free agency?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about that. It's whether we want to pay for lonnie when he's such a wild card. A late first is salary controlled. Lonnie is for one season. He may cost less or more than Murray and isn't a primary ballhandler. Maybe next season reveals a breakout, but if the scenario is that lonnie isn't worth extendending, would you want an extra pick, or to chance restricted free agency?
    Fair points. I'm in the "give him the QO and see how it pans out" camp. If he exceeds expectation then pay the man, since they'll still have the rights to match -- a "good problem" to have. If he flops or stays at replacement level then you're more secure in moving on. The reality is spurs are gonna suck for a while, and the difference between a late 1st and early 2nd (where they'd be picking when they suck) isnt that big in the future.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better prospect but not in production. Quickley blows his production out of the water. If Spurs draft Bouknight that maybe the end for Lonnie, way better defender for that non playmaking athletic guard role. Well most players are better than Lonnie defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of the narrative around how awesome this draft is (we'll see if true), i dont think any of our guys get you into the top 6. Then the question is, if they CAN land you 7-11 is it really worth the jump? I don't know if it makes sense there, unless they love someone. So something like young guy/12 to ORL for 8/Bamba.

For me, the first thing needs to be to figure out the White/DJ thing. If White didnt get hurt so much, I'd say the choice is easy but here we are.
    There’s no such narrative. Outside of three very good, and two other pretty good prospects at the top, it’s pretty dicey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no such narrative. Outside of three very good, and two other pretty good prospects at the top, it’s pretty dicey.
    Interesting. Like you, I have a top tier of five and a top-top tier of three within that. I wonder if they're the same.

Tier 1 would be Mobley, Cunningham and Green.

Tier 1A would be Suggs and Kuminga.

After that it looks like a big mess to me -- just don't see this as a great draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Like you, I have a top tier of five and a top-top tier of three within that. I wonder if they're the same.

Tier 1 would be Mobley, Cunningham and Green.

Tier 1A would be Suggs and Kuminga.

After that it looks like a big mess to me -- just don't see this as a great draft.
    That’s kind of a consensus across most people’s boards. Some would exchange Green and Suggs. Not to say no one else could break out, just that right now, those 3+2 stand out as the best prospects.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with your thoughts. I'm not sure they will move on from Yak, though, but I think it makes sense to some degree because unless they surprisingly draft Giddey to feed him the ball, we are going to ride or die with Dejounte it looks like, and Yak is sort of MIA on offfense, though I'll admit Dejounte did minimally better in the last month of feeding him the ball.

Garuba. Yeah, I'm higher on him then other posters are. I see a potential DPOY candidate who makes good decisions. His knock is basically a lack of a jumper, that's what it comes down to, but I think his form is actually better than Giddey.

Edit: A big man rotation of Dieng, Eubanks, Garuba, Luka is sort of interesting. Lots of complementary skills: shooting, defense, mobility, switchability, can play big or small. But with Garbua, I get it, is there enough offensive upside to draft him that highly?

I think Garuba is my wild card and my fourth man after Sengun, Moody and Giddey.

Imo he's way better than we think, playing in Real, Euroleague. He's a little bit undersized but really active and i think the upside is here as he starts to shoot the 3 better and he is a really good presence in the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Garuba is my wild card and my fourth man after Sengun, Moody and Giddey.

Imo he's way better than we think, playing in Real, Euroleague. He's a little bit undersized but really active and i think the upside is here as he starts to shoot the 3 better and he is a really good presence in the paint.
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/05/...021-draft.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a big fan of Usman too, if we drafted him I’d thrilled but there are a couple guys I’d prefer too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 days until the coin flip for possible draft position

32 days until the Lottery

69 days until the draft
    26 days until the Lottery

63 days until the Draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you on this too. Wonder what your thoughts are of Tre Mann in the draft? Are you buying that he's an elite shooter?
    Love his handle-- crossovers & stepbacks look like they're as natural as walking to him. It's scary to think what he could do shooting-percentage-wise sharing the court with D White or Dejounte, where he actually got assisted looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won’t ever be at this level this but Tre Mann gives me some Dame dolla vibes

Thread Information