on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Tampa building through free agency. These moves will blow up in their face. The Jets won this trade, but they still have Sanchez as QB and Ryan as the coach. Both need to be gone, so they can fully rebuild.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    AdamSchefter: Darrelle Revis received a 6-yr deal from the Bucs that makes him highest paid DB in NFL history but includes NO guaranteed money. None.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Bucs fans are loving their front office's strategy. They think Dominik is a top-five GM. Another fool-hardy move by Tampa.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Holy crap, Revis got a $96M/6 deal. That's WAY too much to give Revis even if he were healthy.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Could have had Winfield for cheaper weeks ago and kept the picks, tbh....

Holy crap, Revis got a $96M/6 deal. That's WAY too much to give Revis even if he were healthy.
    I agree with you.
    Tampa building through free agency. These moves will blow up in their face. The Jets won this trade, but they still have Sanchez as QB and Ryan as the coach. Both need to be gone, so they can fully rebuild.
    LOL YEP.....

Post Count
    None of the money is guaranteed tho...so unless he comes back as the best corner I'm the league and remains so for the next six years he's not seeing the 96 mil . IMO he's definite worth if he plays the Way he has in the past. He just took them to two conference le games..Sanchez was not leading them their best defender shutdown half the field and gave them a dominant defense that they almost carried to a super bowl.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    None of the money is guaranteed tho...so unless he comes back as the best corner I'm the league and remains so for the next six years he's not seeing the 96 mil . IMO he's definite worth if he plays the Way he has in the past. He just took them to two conference le games..Sanchez was not leading them their best defender shutdown half the field and gave them a dominant defense that they almost carried to a super bowl.
    1- His contract is flat. He's seeing $16 Million each season. I don't really care about the length of the contract as much as I care about the yearly average.

2-The Bucs don't work that way. They virtually have to keep him for the next two seasons to justify giving up the first. Then, they'll re-work his deal to add bonuses for salary-cap relief like they did with Jackson and Nicks. They don't really have cap space in 2014. So Revis would have to be awful for him not to see most of that money, not just non-elite.

Post Count
    Then Tampas handling of the deal is ty, not the deal. An unguaranteed contract for someone who nearly dragged Mark Sanchez and Rex to a Sb is a steal. Don't get me started on how much fans and teams overvalue and fetishize these draft picks...the way the NFL Draft gets better than the NBA Finals sometimes says it all

Post Count
    *msant to say gets better ratings

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I don't think the deal is as good as you think it is. It's pretty deceiving to take it at face value. It's like Flacco's deal only having $30-something Million guaranteed. He has a lot more than that functionally guaranteed, because the cap hit from cutting him makes him safe for four years. Same thing with Revis. It's not like he was a free agent. He has at least $48 Million functionally guaranteed because Tamp gave up way too much to get him. He knows that. So in reality, he pretty much signed his deal with half of it guaranteed. If he gets into legal trouble or something, then he won't see the money, but Tampa probably would have gone after his bonus anyway.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    IMO he's definite worth if he plays the Way he has in the past.
    I don't care how good he could be, no CB is worth that kind of money in today's NFL.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    tbh no player outside of Rodgers/Brady/Manning is worth that. Especially an injury prone CB, i don't know if there's a position that has as quick a performance drop off from elite to ty like CB. When they lose it, they really ing lose it.

Post Count
    I don't get the outrage; He's getting 16 million a year, Clay Matthews who makes literally like half to one third the impact he does is making 13 million (plus some guaranteed) and plays an equally injury prone position which is subject to injuries and dropoff (Orakpo, Merriman, ) also a much more replaceable position. You can get a 10-15 sack ac ulating olb a lot easier than a guy who shuts down half the field. Mario WIlliams got $17 million last year plus a load guaranteed (60 mill iirc). If you're saying those are all bad contracts then ok. but Revis is only 27 and has been healthy every season but last...thats not injury prone any more than Brady or Manning are injury prone because they missed a season. If he's ty coming back from this injury and the bucs don't cut him quick, then them thats on them, its no one's fault but theirs. The Jets didn't even have an elite pass rusher and teams still couldn't pass on them, when he was on the field

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I don't get the outrage; He's getting 16 million a year, Clay Matthews who makes literally like half to one third the impact he does is making 13 million (plus some guaranteed) and plays an equally injury prone position which is subject to injuries and dropoff (Orakpo, Merriman, ) also a much more replaceable position. You can get a 10-15 sack ac ulating olb a lot easier than a guy who shuts down half the field. Mario WIlliams got $17 million last year plus a load guaranteed (60 mill iirc). If you're saying those are all bad contracts then ok. but Revis is only 27 and has been healthy every season but last...thats not injury prone any more than Brady or Manning are injury prone because they missed a season. If he's ty coming back from this injury and the bucs don't cut him quick, then them thats on them, its no one's fault but theirs. The Jets didn't even have an elite pass rusher and teams still couldn't pass on them, when he was on the field
    If Clay Matthews wasn't regularly jerked off by the media for being a former walk on who tries really hard, people would be blasting that contract as the atrocity it is

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    It's much better to have an elite pass-rusher than an elite corner. Revis at his best could shut down half the field (and he really isn't as good at that as people pretend he is). Meanwhile, Jared Allen in his prime could shut down the whole field by putting the quarterback on the turf. If you are hoping your corners guard their men for more than a couple of seconds, then you're conceding the battle in the trenches, which pretty much guarantees that you're not going to win a championship, at least no with your defense.

I'd pay a Mario Williams $16 Million over a Revis any day, although neither deserved the deals they got. , Haloti Ngata is worth a lot more than Revis, and he's only making $12 Million a season.

Post Count
    It's much better to have an elite pass-rusher than an elite corner.
    I must be huge Revis fanboy because the thought of replacing Revis with Clay Matthews on those Jets teams and them having the same results makes LOL heartily

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I must be huge Revis fanboy because the thought of replacing Revis with Clay Matthews on those Jets teams and them having the same results makes LOL heartily
    We can agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that, man.

I honestly think the Jets would have been better with Matthews instead of Revis. Good corners are not hard to find, especially when a team has a good pass rush. For example, Lardarius Webb had better stats than Revis had over the last two season. They got injured at about the same time, so that's not a factor. Webb only got a $54M/6 deal.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I guess we won't really know if his contract or if this trade was really worth it for a couple years. If he is healthy, the guy is going to give Brees, Ryan, and Newton in the NFC South...

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i think they did a of a deal tbh, i mean those milions are only going to get spend if he is really worth them, otherwise they will probably restructure it a lot of times. I don't like the idea of paying a lot for someone while also giving draft picks for that, but really the bucs had a lot to spend and a horrible pass defense. Better Revis, than drafting a corner in the first round.

Thread Information