Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Luka and Lyles' play increases' PATFO interest on moving Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Luka and Lyles' play increases' PATFO interest on moving Gay.
    I really hope so, but I'm afraid Pop values the experience of a veteran and trying to make the playoffs too much to part with Rudy.

If the Bucks actually had a 1st round pick to send our way then he would be a near perfect fit there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely looks like Aldridge and Gay should be the odd men out. I‘m also not sure if it‘s that easy to replace DeRozan since he’s the HOTS of this team. He got double teamed all night and dished out assists for the young guys. I don’t see anybody else on this team taking over that role as of now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely looks like Aldridge and Gay should be the odd men out. I‘m also not sure if it‘s that easy to replace DeRozan since he’s the HOTS of this team. He got double teamed all night and dished out assists for the young guys. I don’t see anybody else on this team taking over that role as of now
    Agree. DeMar has never been expendable. I've never liked it when people lump him in with the other vets. He's the youngest of the vets and actually fits in with the youth movement pretty seamlessly. I'd like to at least see LMA and Rudy go. We all know Patty isn't going anywhere. Rudy seems pretty beloved in the locker room and is kind of DeRozans BFF though, so I also wouldn't be opposed to simply just phasing him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demar is expendable only to the extent that we are confident that White can regularly play 33+ mpg. otherwise, our offense basically needs him to function. ideally, White could step up (or we get a FA like Collins who can help the offense), because Derozan does also limit the team due to his lack of defense and outside shooting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ's little spout with Pop makes me think DeMar is needed around the team. Don't think DJ would respect anyone else to hold him back like DeMar did during that incident. DJ may still have some maturing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should of dealt lma before this season but it is what it is. Curious if the spurs move their newly minted backup center and get anything of value in return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope so, but I'm afraid Pop values the experience of a veteran and trying to make the playoffs too much to part with Rudy.

If the Bucks actually had a 1st round pick to send our way then he would be a near perfect fit there.
    At this point, the veterans, other than DDR are contra-indicative of making the playoffs. Rudy and LMA aren’t going to help you get there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan's more valuable than anything we'd get in exchange. Sadly he may be playing himself into a really large contract for next season.

LMA and Rudy? LMA still might have some appeal to a veteran team vying for the championship. I still like Rudy on the Spurs, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ's little spout with Pop makes me think DeMar is needed around the team. Don't think DJ would respect anyone else to hold him back like DeMar did during that incident. DJ may still have some maturing to do.
    Or maybe Pop needs someone to actually tell him whatsup. TD is probably the only player to do so. Everyone else who had an opinion was left in the dust during the golden era. These days Pop’s resume is mixed at best. I’m all good with DJ voicing his opinion and not being the status quo Spurs culture sheep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should of dealt lma before this season but it is what it is. Curious if the spurs move their newly minted backup center and get anything of value in return
    Wasteful curiosity; LMA has far more value to us off the bench. His value away from us will return a 2nd and an expiring AT MOST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe Pop needs someone to actually tell him whatsup. TD is probably the only player to do so. Everyone else who had an opinion was left in the dust during the golden era. These days Pop’s resume is mixed at best. I’m all good with DJ voicing his opinion and not being the status quo Spurs culture sheep.
    There's telling Pop what's up and then there's "I'm gonna beat yo ass, Pop". That incident looked like the latter. DJ looked enraged and it was borderline unprofessional. That's how it looked to me, anyway. I could be wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's telling Pop what's up and then there's "I'm gonna beat yo ass, Pop". That incident looked like the latter. DJ looked enraged and it was borderline unprofessional. That's how it looked to me, anyway. I could be wrong.
    When was this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the Nets game in overtime. I'll make a gif when I have a chance...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ has a heart of gold. Nothing that can’t be talked about behind closed doors. Can’t ask DJ to be the spiritual leader but also not get heated. The best Spurs teams always had that one guy who didn’t conform completely. 99’ Mario Elie, 03’ Stephen Jackson, arguably 05’ Robert Horry. I mean DDR probably has more ill advised temper tantrum T’s than Tim, Tiny and Manu combined. My point is I wouldn't even second guessing Pop/DJs rapport. Pop knows this team has half a soul sans Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ has a heart of gold. Nothing that can’t be talked about behind closed doors. Can’t ask DJ to be the spiritual leader but also not get heated. The best Spurs teams always had that one guy who didn’t conform completely. 99’ Mario Elie, 03’ Stephen Jackson, arguably 05’ Robert Horry. I mean DDR probably has more ill advised temper tantrum T’s than Tim, Tiny and Manu combined. My point is I wouldn't even second guessing Pop/DJs rapport. Pop knows this team has half a soul sans Murray.
    Trust me, I hope so. His erratic behavior on his social media makes me think otherwise. The dude seems impulsive sometimes and I just hope it never leads to the point where he wants to burn bridges. He had a rough childhood, and I hope he'll always be thankful for his situation now. Loyalty seems big for him. I hope nothing s that up, including a little misunderstanding during the heat of the moment.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    interested in seeing this, because i really find it hard to envision since Murray speaks so glowingly of Pop and has said more than once he looks at him like a father figure. really hope you're just looking too much into it because if you aint, definitely not what you wanna see from him at this point whether he had a legit gripe or not

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan's more valuable than anything we'd get in exchange. Sadly he may be playing himself into a really large contract for next season.

LMA and Rudy? LMA still might have some appeal to a veteran team vying for the championship. I still like Rudy on the Spurs, though.
    Nah. His decline should kick in early-mid contract, the team is too small/lacking in three-point shooting and you don't pay Murray/White starter money (and let's face it, eventually Johnson) to be babysat forever.

I'm fine keeping this team together until the off season, but at that point, I hope the Raptors aren't interested in a reunion (cap space to sign him outright) and they can sign and trade him somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Murray were joking with each other towards the end of the knicks game. Chalk that spat in the Nets game to just compe ive deference’s I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interested in seeing this, because i really find it hard to envision since Murray speaks so glowingly of Pop and has said more than once he looks at him like a father figure. really hope you're just looking too much into it because if you aint, definitely not what you wanna see from him at this point whether he had a legit gripe or not
    It’s a whole bunch of nothing. Just 2 guys talking it over. Everyone is just so used to everyone being scared of Pop. Pop loves Dj because of it. Dj loves Pop because of it. I don’t have the know how to make a gif but if you still have game recorded it’s in OT during the clear path foul review.

Pop was right to get on Dj. He left Kylie wide open for a 3, then on next play dribbled into traffic and turned ball over (thus the reason for the potential clear path foul).

I recognized Pop and Dj’s relationship was special way back when Lamarcus and Ibalka fought and Dj held LA back and physically pushed Pop away like “I got him” and Pop just smirked like that’s my boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs are receiving calls on their veteran players who are pending free agents — LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Trey Lyles and Patty Mills — and are listening to inquiries, sources said. San Antonio is the sixth seed in the Western Conference at 18-13, blending its veterans and talented young core of Keldon Johnson, Dejounte Murray, Derrick White and Lonnie Walker IV.

DeRozan, a four-time All-Star, is having an All-Star-caliber season — averaging 20 points and a career-high 7.3 assists per game and helping lead the roster.

Murray (15.8), Johnson (14.3), White (11.8) and Walker (11.3) are all averaging double figures in points. This marks the first time the Spurs have had four players under 30 years old averaging double figures since the 2003 championship team (Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Stephen Jackson, Malik Rose)."

https://theathletic.com/2425373/2021...shared-article

Today's article

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota Timberwolves

Minnesota has shown interest in power forwards around the league, including Atlanta’s John Collins and Orlando’s Aaron Gordon, sources said. Both players have significant asking prices in the marketplace. The Timberwolves had substantive conversations with the Magic on Gordon prior to his severe ankle sprain last month, sources said, and those talks are expected to resume as he nears his return to the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt the Spurs make any moves especially how we been playing . Idk if I’d want too maybe only Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt we can get anything more than a 2nd rounder for LMA and we'd also have to take back salary. Gay is probably a better trade asset.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt the Spurs make any moves especially how we been playing . Idk if I’d want too maybe only Aldridge
    To me Gay is the most likely to be traded. Aldridge actually fills a needed role as back up center. I think that Lyles, Samanic, and KJ can handle the PF slot just fine moving forward. Gay's contract is much easier to trade for at 16 million and he fills the need many contenders have. He also has one of the best net ratings in the league when on the floor. It would allow for Samanic's continued development and depending on it's trajectory COULD actually move the needle for the Spurs. This is the most likely (still not real likely) path for the Spurs to actually fight for a conference finals berth.

Thread Information