Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious will be gone before 11, tbh.
    everyone is sayin Like this about every player pointed as spurs target.
    I noticed Hayes Okoro Avdija Halibarton Vassell went up in mocks
    Ball Toppin and Waseman went down. Adding Edwards and Okongwu as sure bet it seems some choices left for spurs
    Nesmith Achiuva Bey Willliams.

imo 11-14 of the Draft.

Poku is unknown for me

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This place is going to melt when the Spurs don’t draft The Precious.
    imagine what happen if spurs draft another 6'5 guard while keepin all our guards on board XD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone is sayin Like this about every player pointed as spurs target.
    I noticed Hayes Okoro Avdija Halibarton Vassell went up in mocks
    Ball Toppin and Waseman went down. Adding Edwards and Okongwu as sure bet it seems some choices left for spurs
    Nesmith Achiuva Bey Willliams.

imo 11-14 of the Draft.

Poku is unknown for me
    They won’t draft Toppin. His defense is just Forbes level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. A lot of good options at 11: Precious, Pat, Nesmith

Some more if they trade down: Isaiah, Tyler Bey, Jalen Smith, Poku

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they HAVE Forbes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​
    „they” spurs or top 10 teams ?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This place is going to melt when the Spurs don’t draft The Precious.
    I don't know how I missed the LotR reference possibilities.

One pick to rule them all...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​

„they” spurs or top 10 teams ?
    Spurs. Plenty of teams draft poor defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they HAVE Forbes...
    Yes, but he wasn’t drafted, and somehow, even though90% of the fan base reviles him, they’re all in on the power forward version.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not me if this was a couple of years ago I would be like yeah. But I have seen the light and players have to be able to shoot especially 1 to 4 positions. If we had a championship team then he might fit a niche but right now we are not we really need to find starters who can play defense and offense or at least not be a liability in one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs. Plenty of teams draft poor defenders.
    so Toppin should be top#10 and our chances for PA are higher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite what the bashers say, the Spurs are pretty darn good at scouting talent. I'm convinced at 11 there will be someone with a higher ceiling than most of the league hasn't identified that the Spurs will snag. It's a great spot for them in this year's draft since I'm hearing there's a lot of good, but maybe not great talent in it. That's perfect for a team that's been great at digging through the bargain bin over the years the way the Spurs have been doing it late in the first round. And this year, at the 11 spot, they have a few more quarters in their pocket than in years' past. I'm excited to see what that brings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so Toppin should be top#10 and our chances for PA are higher
    They won’t draft The Precious, either.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw are there any close friends of one of our current players in this draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won’t draft The Precious, either.

Love it when people are overconfident about things they don't know anything about, such as what the Spurs will do or won't do. It's hilarious to me. I don't like some prospects, but I try to stay away from claiming I know what the Spurs will do. That's ridiculous to me. Even if I really don't like that prospect, which is why people like you will make an absurd comment like this.

This is what exstatic is really confident about:

I don't even hate Poku, but it would be dumb for me to put all my eggs into a basket like that. Even Precious has his flaws that I would understand why the Spurs would pass on him, but to act like I know what the Spurs will do or won't do based off some flaws?
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-27-2020 at 01:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love it when people are overconfident about things they don't know anything about, such as what the Spurs will do or won't do. It's hilarious to me. I don't like some prospects, but I try to stay away from claiming I know what the Spurs will do. That's ridiculous to me. Even if I really don't like that prospect, which is why people like you will make an absurd comment like this.

This is what exstatic is really confident about:

I don't even hate Poku, but it would be dumb for me to put all my eggs into a basket like that. Even Precious has his flaws that I would understand why the Spurs would pass on him, but to act like I know what the Spurs will do or won't do based off some flaws?
    Are you really gonna stand here pretending like you didn't guaranteed the Spurs wouldn't draft Vassell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you really gonna stand here pretending like you didn't guaranteed the Spurs wouldn't draft Vassell?
    Not sure, I doubt it. Find the post for me. I know I have a post saying if Vassell would be drafted, I would support him. Nonetheless, I did say "I *try* to stay away" in that post you quoted. We've had our differences, but at least you don't go around claiming you know what the Spurs are going to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white/murray/keldon/precious/lma thats a pretty nasty defensive s5.
    This is a dream lineup. I trust them to figure it out on offense... I'm just tired of seeing bad defense from the Spurs. I really think that, beyond any shortcomings Precious has that could or couldn't be fixed, his defense and intensity on both ends of the court are something we'd been lacking until Keldon showed up. Keldon & Precious at the 3-4 gives you very solid perimeter D, switchability, and given our defense-first guards, we have the potential to go back to being a very strong defensive presence.

I used to be skeptic about how a defensive-first lineup featuring most of our guards would fare on offense, but after the bubble I'm a full time believer. The guys had no problem whatsoever scoring and creating opportunities for themselves and others, White and Keldon especially, and when our vets weren't ball-hogging (ahem, Rudy, ahem). The biggest weakness of the current and future Spurs teams project to be rebounding, perimeter defense and volume shooting; Precious can instantly help with at least two, and maybe someday the three of them. I also believe some higher lottery team might snatch him away from us, but that's just how it is with the draft...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure.

If the Spurs draft Devin ing Vessell (which I highly doubt they will) then I'll put my ego aside and have a slither of hope that there is something in the guy that's worth it. The Spurs have earned more than enough trust from fans that they know how to draft players *more often than not*.
    Page 49. Saying "I doubt they will" (open to the possibility) =\ they won't

I've said he ing sucks, that's about it I believe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just please don't draft another 6 foot 5 inch tweener. Just draft a small forward. Do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a dream lineup. I trust them to figure it out on offense... I'm just tired of seeing bad defense from the Spurs. I really think that, beyond any shortcomings Precious has that could or couldn't be fixed, his defense and intensity on both ends of the court are something we'd been lacking until Keldon showed up. Keldon & Precious at the 3-4 gives you very solid perimeter D, switchability, and given our defense-first guards, we have the potential to go back to being a very strong defensive presence.

I used to be skeptic about how a defensive-first lineup featuring most of our guards would fare on offense, but after the bubble I'm a full time believer. The guys had no problem whatsoever scoring and creating opportunities for themselves and others, White and Keldon especially, and when our vets weren't ball-hogging (ahem, Rudy, ahem). The biggest weakness of the current and future Spurs teams project to be rebounding, perimeter defense and volume shooting; Precious can instantly help with at least two, and maybe someday the three of them. I also believe some higher lottery team might snatch him away from us, but that's just how it is with the draft...
    I agree with you overall

I don't understand why people don't see the value of an athletic big on this spurs team. The team needs rebounds, blocks, hustle...

I'm Ok that true centers are not valuable like old days but a 4/5 who can guard the perimeter, protect the Rim is one of our need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you overall

I don't understand why people don't see the value of an athletic big on this spurs team. The team needs rebounds, blocks, hustle...

I'm Ok that true centers are not valuable like old days but a 4/5 who can guard the perimeter, protect the Rim is one of our need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see your video manipulating skills are on the way up! Solid GIFs; any way you could make them loopable videos with Stremio or something like that? Just so the image isn't so small - though this is a nitpick, that's already a better job than I could do.

There were also other great clips on Precious' defense on the article linked by RankingTear, https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-dr...ecious-achiuwa ; he's projecting to be an extremely solid and mobile defender, especially if he ends up playing the 5. We could in fact, provided we keep Jakob, play Precious at the 4 then slip him to a small-ball 5 when matchups allow us. A player like him opens up a lot of possibilities on both ends of the floor. And the Spurs are weak on the glass... Achiuwa was first in his conference in offensive rebounding. He's seriously almost a perfect fit for this version of the Spurs. Choo choo... Achiuwa train incoming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you overall

Like Clint Capela? The guy that Houston salary dumped because he got played off the floor in the playoffs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not like capela more like Adebayo...

Thread Information