Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, basically Gregg used a 12th overall pick on the next Brent Formes. SMH.
    Welp. If this dude plays bad defense at the NBA level like Formes, we don't know yet.
    He doesn't seem to have been exposed at college.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...a-primo-1.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this pick was all on rc and did not meet pop
    Maybe he is gone
    Yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly don't think I miss any player drafted in the next 10-20 slots after him, except Sengun. Time will show whether the Spurs totally ed up by falling in love with this young guard and not taking the transformational big man.

Also somewhat amusing that the Rockets wound up with Scola and the Turkish player who plays at least in the post like Scola.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully by 21 be 6'8 with a 6'11 wing span
    Just in time to sign with someone else as a free agent?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://mobile.twitter.com/dejountem...35880328548359

He definitely did not seem stoked. I don’t blame him, just surprised he was that transparent about it I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wrights answers are very concerning:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Loong runway? Wtf does that even mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course the same old “we looked at all options and decided staying put…”. How convenient how SA always does all this due diligence and is so active but never can quite find a deal.

Not concerned about the logjam either huh? Ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably that by year 3 or 4 when Primo is ready most other players on the roster will likely be gone.

Btw are we sure someone didn't forge his birth day , so that he can be drafted at 14? Like the opposite Thon Maker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably that by year 3 or 4 when Primo is ready most other players on the roster will likely be gone.

Btw are we sure someone didn't forge his birth day , so that he can be drafted at 14? Like the opposite Thon Maker
    It’s fine to say youth has runway….except for when you’ve brought in vets and gave them minutes at the expense of the youth and now have a position jam and blocking them from getting the room they all need to develop too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe this. Amateurs get infatuated with certain players while guys like Ziaire Williams rise. I can believe Primo was rising among several teams. I just don't know if he was the best pick there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course the same old “we looked at all options and decided staying put…”. How convenient how SA always does all this due diligence and is so active but never can quite find a deal.

Yeah it’s absolute BS.

You draft a PG last year who can’t get in the game. You basically start two PGs on your team. And now you draft another guard “who impressed you with their PG play?”

If Spurs don’t think that player morale takes a hit when you keep log jamming people together, they’re more out of touch with modern players than we thought.

Wish Primo well. No ill will here. But the BPA talk seems like utter garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not trading down is comical inep ude. not taking sengun when this team is thirsty as for a big man with offensive firepower is embarrassing oversight.

I hope Cuz pans out and I certainly will not knock the kid. I'll be his biggest cheerleader. that said, with even a minimal amount of drafting prowess, they could have likely had both.

and to his point about not being concerned about a logjam, that may be the case, but his players most definitely are. see DJ's tweets.

LW, DW, DJ, DV, etc will all be struggling for good consistent minutes.

smdh. I just do not get this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Long Runway" = Needs 2+ years in the G league before he'll be worth a spot on the bench in the NBA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs refusing to “tank” and hurting their chances at a real future only to reach so hard with their best pick in 20 years. It’s infuriating

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes everything worse is the Warriors got both Kuminga and Moody. Talk about 2 FO’s that are on totally different levels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He’s so young he’s not on the same timeline as the others and he can already see some of them leave b4 then (ehem Lonnie).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I am actually impressed he was referred to as a PG. all of a sudden DJM face gets more context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes everything worse is the Warriors got both Kuminga and Moody. Talk about 2 FO’s that are on totally different levels.

Okc did well too. Its drafting 101- scout then take bpa ,and draft for need but not sa. We have what 5/6 sg's fck it heres another. Its maddening. If we needed a guard with more playmaking skills we should of just drafted halliburton,tbh

Banned
    My Team
    Brooklyn Nets
    Post Count
    It means the Spurs have accepted that they're in a full rebuild unless they're just really stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Long Runway" = Needs 2+ years in the G league before he'll be worth a spot on the bench in the NBA...
    Yup that's for a 2nd round pick, but not a lottery pick?? Nobody does a project on a lottery pick.

I like Primo. I'd sure would be ecstatic if Spurs were choosing at 29th, but 12????

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs refusing to “tank” and hurting their chances at a real future only to reach so hard with their best pick in 20 years. It’s infuriating
    Treadmill team drafting treadmill talent, with a front office that has treadmill ambitions/mentality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe this. Amateurs get infatuated with certain players while guys like Ziaire Williams rise. I can believe Primo was rising among several teams. I just don't know if he was the best pick there.
    Just say that he wasn’t the best pick there lol. You’ve been defending the Spurs a little too much to be honest. Very different approach in your posts.

Thread Information