Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No shame in losing that close game. You will likely win the East and earn a rematch.
    nope, football's team year Fitz ingmagic.

No shame in losing that close game. You will likely win the East and earn a rematch.
    Ya there is.
    The strategy before halftime 1st down at Brady 21 yardline and Dak allowing himself to be sacked followed by a 3rd down holding call was pathetic.

Thats the kind of ish RD2191 is talking about.

If anyone finds media with a clear view of the game winning offensive pass interference please post the link.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    108 Pass attempts & 31 Rush attempts...

Today's NFL, tbh.
    It’s a beautiful thing

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Weren't there 5 drives in the final 2 minutes of the Half
    Pretty sure Tampa had like 9 total carries in the first half. Don't recall the total for Dallas, but I doubt it was higher.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I don't have faith in the cowboys tbh, they always find ways to it up. 8-9 9-8 season tbh
    Barring injuries I can’t see how they don’t win that division comfortably. They took the champs to the wire in Tampa despite a banged-up Dak, no Zach Martin, Zeke being a complete nonfactor, a horrible no-call on Godwin, and their kicker missing a PAT and a 31 yd fg.

They’ll be fine

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dallas should win the division but they still suck.
    They finally got a huge advantage with the TOs, one of which should have led to a TB touchdown. Also Tough “dropped” TD pass by 14 when Brady adjusted the pass beautifully to the open area. And two incredible little tips that could have been easily caught by Evans for TDS.
    Dak is a good QB but he routinely misses wide open players, especially in the end zone. He did it again tonight. He should not have to rely on tThis being another 400 passing yard a game season with Dallas again failing. Dak should not have to make all the big plays falling backwards. You can feel the crunch time choking. Dallas can’t seem to manage efficient easy plays, it always has to be difficult. They are bad again in the red zone, even against a depleted team at DB.
    First round loss in the playoffs seems almost inevitable. They must be able to run the ball, just cram it down and get an efficient win. Zeke Elliott has no burst left. He can be fast, but none of those overpowering acceleration change of direction runs. That’s in the past.
    Things are just too difficult for this team. They manage to make almost everything way too hard. From FG kicking to actually getting momentum from some very timely turnovers. It always something.

I thought Chris Collingsworth had a bit too much praise for this game because it was high scoring and close. TB won’t win the super bowl with the secondary they had tonight. They need help.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Imagine what kind of career stats Brady would have if not for being surrounded by talent for most of his prime.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Dallas should win the division but they still suck.
    They finally got a huge advantage with the TOs, one of which should have led to a TB touchdown. Also Tough “dropped” TD pass by 14 when Brady adjusted the pass beautifully to the open area. And two incredible little tips that could have been easily caught by Evans for TDS.
    Dak is a good QB but he routinely misses wide open players, especially in the end zone. He did it again tonight. He should not have to rely on tThis being another 400 passing yard a game season with Dallas again failing. Dak should not have to make all the big plays falling backwards. You can feel the crunch time choking. Dallas can’t seem to manage efficient easy plays, it always has to be difficult. They are bad again in the red zone, even against a depleted team at DB.
    First round loss in the playoffs seems almost inevitable. They must be able to run the ball, just cram it down and get an efficient win. Zeke Elliott has no burst left. He can be fast, but none of those overpowering acceleration change of direction runs. That’s in the past.
    Things are just too difficult for this team. They manage to make almost everything way too hard. From FG kicking to actually getting momentum from some very timely turnovers. It always something.

I thought Chris Collingsworth had a bit too much praise for this game because it was high scoring and close. TB won’t win the super bowl with the secondary they had tonight. They need help.
    yep this team has had a loser mentality for as long as I’ve watched. Idk what it is about them. I always gave Dak sh1t about disappearing on the road but he played pretty well last night. But it’s the Cowboys so they’ll still find a way to lose some other way. Defense choking, kicker sucking, offensive lineman getting called for holding penalties after timely first downs, icing their own kicker etc.

i don’t even care about the moral victories. They’ve been doing this crap for decades; put on a great game against an elite team only to underachieve the rest of the season. Don’t see it being different this time around imo

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Member when all the cowboys fans here hated Dak?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Zuerlein lost the game for the Cowboys.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Member when all the cowboys fans here hated Dak?
    that’s like his first good road game against a good team

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So what do the Cowboys go? 8-9 or 7-10?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    that’s like his first good road game against a good team
    he's been a good player for a while tbh... cowboy fans just cringing at the idea that their black qb is an accurate pocket passer and good leader

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No troll

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    he's been a good player for a while tbh... cowboy fans just cringing at the idea that their black qb is an accurate pocket passer and good leader
    he's a good player at home no doubt, but up until last night you can't find a good performance he's had on the road vs a good team. Maybe his rookie year against Pittsburgh and that's it but that was really more Zeke. That's been my knock on him this whole time. But last night was a positive step in the right direction, hopefully we see more of it

tbh I don't care who the quarterback is as long as he's good. he can be a sub-80 IQ spear-chucking, BLM protestor as long as they help my team win games imo

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was pretty happy the team showed up ready to play, tbh. Would like to see McGovern at LG, Connor to the bench. And Anthony Brown got cooked up.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he's a good player at home no doubt, but up until last night you can't find a good performance he's had on the road vs a good team. Maybe his rookie year against Pittsburgh and that's it but that was really more Zeke. That's been my knock on him this whole time. But last night was a positive step in the right direction, hopefully we see more of it

tbh I don't care who the quarterback is as long as he's good. he can be a sub-80 IQ spear-chucking, BLM protestor as long as they help my team win games imo
    lol obviously a rookie will usually need to be in a pampered situation to thrive. but Dak has been a good QB for much longer than just his rookie year

both his road games last year were good. week 1 vs rams where they lost because of a weak OPI call (ironically they lost opening week this year with an OPI non-call)... and in a close loss vs seattle. cowboys actually held a 4th Q lead and prescott had a massive game when they had no run game

i think everybody plays better at home, look at team W/L too. but i dont think its as drastically bad as say, andy dalton in primetime

dak home/road splits

dalton day/night splits

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Ya there is.
    The strategy before halftime 1st down at Brady 21 yardline and Dak allowing himself to be sacked followed by a 3rd down holding call was pathetic.

Thats the kind of ish RD2191 is talking about.
    When Dak got sacked I was thinking to myself that's the difference between him and Brady. That's the play that separates the winners vs the losers. Brady just gets rid of it. Dak loses yards and gets out of FG position... but their kicker sucks anyway so maybe it doesn't really matter

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Also can we unban MM from the game threads. Places sucks w/o him

When Dak got sacked I was thinking to myself that's the difference between him and Brady. That's the play that separates the winners vs the losers. Brady just gets rid of it. Dak loses yards and gets out of FG position... but their kicker sucks anyway so maybe it doesn't really matter
    Dak did it again on the final Cowboy drive.
    Drops back, everyone covered. Scrambled sideways then threw back the other way to Zeke who either fumbled it or got tackled behind the line. Either way, while Dak was ing around and making that silly sideways floater pass, his OLineman held. It was not a Tampon Tom call, the lineman really did hold. So instead of 2nd and 5 or whatever, back the er up 15 yards.

What the Cowboys really needed was another 1st down thus to milk the clock to as low to zero as possible so BradyRef would not have had the chance to convert on the Pass Interference set up for the short field goal game winner.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dak did it again on the final Cowboy drive.
    Drops back, everyone covered. Scrambled sideways then threw back the other way to Zeke who either fumbled it or got tackled behind the line. Either way, while Dak was ing around and making that silly sideways floater pass, his OLineman held. It was not a Tampon Tom call, the lineman really did hold. So instead of 2nd and 5 or whatever, back the er up 15 yards.

What the Cowboys really needed was another 1st down thus to milk the clock to as low to zero as possible so BradyRef would not have had the chance to convert on the Pass Interference set up for the short field goal game winner.
    tbh I fell asleep at the start of the 4th. I'm getting old I guess

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    lol obviously a rookie will usually need to be in a pampered situation to thrive. but Dak has been a good QB for much longer than just his rookie year

both his road games last year were good. week 1 vs rams where they lost because of a weak OPI call (ironically they lost opening week this year with an OPI non-call)... and in a close loss vs seattle. cowboys actually held a 4th Q lead and prescott had a massive game when they had no run game

i think everybody plays better at home, look at team W/L too. but i dont think its as drastically bad as say, andy dalton in primetime

dak home/road splits

dalton day/night splits

tbh the all around home/road splits are misleading because you factor in every team he's played on the road. I've watched him turn into Joe Montana against sh!tty NFC East teams on the road, which would inflate those stats somewhat.

Instead, I'll just go year by year each road game that IMO was against a playoff calibre opponent

@ Green Bay: He played fairly well in this one, but GB looked awful early in the season. They really didn't get hot until they won 6 in a row to end their season

@ Pittsburgh: Played well in this one, I'll give him his due. This was the one road performance that I would say was definitively good

@ NYG: Completely sh!t the bed. Sub .500 completion percentage w/ 2 INTs. All around terrible performance

@ Denver: Denver pretty much geared up to stop the run, forcing Dak to beat them. Terrible performance and they were blown out 42-17

@ Atlanta: Another embarrassing performance. A good chunk of blame went to Garrett in this one too, since the f@ggot couldn't adjust with a backup LT in the game but offense does nothing all day and they lose 27-7

@ Carolina: One of the worst performances I've seen from him. Simply completing a forward pass in this game was a struggle. Lose 16-8

@ Seattle: Again, offense barely does anything. Lose 24-13

@ Houston: Another loss, 19-16 in OT. 18/29 208 yds and 1 TD 2 INT...Uninspiring per par etc

@ Washington: A big divisional game where Washington was looking like the only real threat in the division. They lose 20-17 in OT in another uninspiring performance. Had a huge turnover resulting in a fumble recovered for a TD

@ Indianapolis: Shutout 23-0, ROFL

2019:

@ New Orleans: Cleary rattled in this game. Defense played well and he had plenty of chances to lead them down for a touchdown to take the lead, but ended up losing 16-10

@ New England: Shutdown by a great defense. 13-9 loss

@ Chicago: This was the game he earned the "Garbage Time Joe Montana" nickname. Pretty much did nothing the first three quarters only to statpad in the 4th quarter in a 24-31 loss where the stats were very misleading

@ Philadelphia: Biggest game of the year against an injury riddle Eagles team for the division, and he can't even get his team into the endzone lost 17-9

In 2020, there's no way I'd consider his game against the Rams good. Maybe you could say he played well in Seattle, but that was also a COVID game with literally nobody in attendance. I seriously doubt he plays like that in a packed house with one of the loudest crowds in football

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    tbh the all around home/road splits are misleading because you factor in every team he's played on the road. I've watched him turn into Joe Montana against sh!tty NFC East teams on the road, which would inflate those stats somewhat.

Instead, I'll just go year by year each road game that IMO was against a playoff calibre opponent

@ Green Bay: He played fairly well in this one, but GB looked awful early in the season. They really didn't get hot until they won 6 in a row to end their season

@ Pittsburgh: Played well in this one, I'll give him his due. This was the one road performance that I would say was definitively good

@ NYG: Completely sh!t the bed. Sub .500 completion percentage w/ 2 INTs. All around terrible performance

@ Denver: Denver pretty much geared up to stop the run, forcing Dak to beat them. Terrible performance and they were blown out 42-17

@ Atlanta: Another embarrassing performance. A good chunk of blame went to Garrett in this one too, since the f@ggot couldn't adjust with a backup LT in the game but offense does nothing all day and they lose 27-7

@ Carolina: One of the worst performances I've seen from him. Simply completing a forward pass in this game was a struggle. Lose 16-8

@ Seattle: Again, offense barely does anything. Lose 24-13

@ Houston: Another loss, 19-16 in OT. 18/29 208 yds and 1 TD 2 INT...Uninspiring per par etc

@ Washington: A big divisional game where Washington was looking like the only real threat in the division. They lose 20-17 in OT in another uninspiring performance. Had a huge turnover resulting in a fumble recovered for a TD

@ Indianapolis: Shutout 23-0, ROFL

2019:

@ New Orleans: Cleary rattled in this game. Defense played well and he had plenty of chances to lead them down for a touchdown to take the lead, but ended up losing 16-10

@ New England: Shutdown by a great defense. 13-9 loss

@ Chicago: This was the game he earned the "Garbage Time Joe Montana" nickname. Pretty much did nothing the first three quarters only to statpad in the 4th quarter in a 24-31 loss where the stats were very misleading

@ Philadelphia: Biggest game of the year against an injury riddle Eagles team for the division, and he can't even get his team into the endzone lost 17-9

In 2020, there's no way I'd consider his game against the Rams good. Maybe you could say he played well in Seattle, but that was also a COVID game with literally nobody in attendance. I seriously doubt he plays like that in a packed house with one of the loudest crowds in football
    lol im sure a lot of great QBs will have bad records against winning/playoff teams on the road

doesnt rodgers have that really bad stat against teams over .500 too?

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    lol im sure a lot of great QBs will have bad records against winning/playoff teams on the road

doesnt rodgers have that really bad stat against teams over .500 too?
    rofl yeah I'm sure most QBs are sub .500 on the road but not "Dak Prescott" bad. His last road win against a good team was his rookie year. We're probably just talking past each other at this point. I think he's above average, but there's no way I'm giving him the contract he has now if he's basically guaranteed to sh!t the bed against a good team when he's not playing in Dallas

And yes, Rodgers has had a similar thing for years which DoK and I call out repeatedly everytime the media es their pants when he leads his annual heroic comeback against the Lions

Thread Information