Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    sternewirth (bar), boiler house (restaurant), southerleigh (restaurant), bottling department food hall, and jazz, tx (bar & food) are all within walking distance of each other. idk what your budget is though.

skip la gloria.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stay away from the east side unless you're ratty-looking, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd highly recommend staying at one of the better hotels on the riverwalk. Just take a look for what looks good to you. I recently stayed at the Hilton and it was great. Do you have the Uber app. It's very inexpensive riding with them and they have a place for pick-up at the AT&T Center. The advice about David Robinson was dead on and he is almost always there. You definitely can get in an hour early with Charter seats as well. Have a great time, sounds like you have a super plan for 40!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also you could consider calling the Spurs Season Tickets office about getting an early entree if your tickets are on the floor, but not Charter. They have a special ticket for early entrance they offer Season Ticket holders. If you called them and told them how far you are coming and it's your birthday I think they would help. I'm saying this if your ticket isn't one of the double digit sections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stay away from the east side unless you're ratty-looking, tbh
    The arena is on the east side. What are you trying to say!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The arena is on the east side. What are you trying to say!!
    I know, I'm just saying in general... I don't expect him to spend all day at the arena, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dp

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Spurs10. I will certainly try to get Charter tickets and get in early. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, it will make my planning easier!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay away from the Riverwalk restaurants. Try stuff near the pearl and Southtown. Rebelle is a great place downtown. Cookhouse is good further north. Do not go to lulu's. Awful. Any hotel downtown will do. Cheaper near the airport but there is nothing within walking distance. Stick with Uber and lyft. If you want to have BBQ try 2m smokehouse.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not recommend staying in the side of town where the AT&T Center is located. Not much going on there.
    Nonsense. You never seen all the hookers on New Braunfels Ave after the games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Spurs10. I will certainly try to get Charter tickets and get in early. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, it will make my planning easier!
    Dont go to Jim's man...unless you're wasted at 3AM (and catching an Uber) . It's a shady 24 hr IHOP, no more no less.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want killer brisket check out Two Bros on West Ave way on the Northside. It's far and away the best brisket I have ever had in town. Brisket is what Texas is famous for in BBQ, and they're every bit as good as the legendary places in Luling and Lockhart. However everything else at Two Bros is pretty average, I don't know how they do such great brisket and such forgettable sausage. If you want the best overall BBQ in the area take a road trip out to Luling (City Market) or Lockhart (Smitty's, Blacks', or Kreuz Market). Smitty's if you're looking for something with old school atmosphere since the building has been used for firing briskets, sausage, and ribs for about 120 years.

Speaking of road trip, if you're from overseas you might not have an idea about how our public transportation is. Renting a car is mandatory IMO.

Do not ing eat at Rudy's ever. If anyone tells you to get BBQ from Rudy's you need to punch them right in the . It's the most ing disgusting brisket you'll ever find but for some reason this piece of chain gets a lot of run on places like Food Network and Travel Channel for Texas BBQ. It ing sucks, you can buy a better brisket at HEB.

Another thing worth trying here is the chicken fried steak. I really like it at Tip Top Cafe over on Fredricksburg Road on the near Northwest side.

If you're a beer drinker I highly recommend Busted Sandal's El Robusto Porter. God damn that is an amazing porter. I think I like it even more than Deschutes Black Butte Porter (amazing porter from Oregon that used to be my #1 porter). But Busted Sandal is a San Antonio brewery. I think one of the owners used to post here under the name The Notorious H.O.P..
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-07-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can't get Sec 24, buy a seat in the 2nd or 3rd row between 24 and the player's tunnel. Big Dave enters and leaves via the tunnel. The pathway is between rows 2 and 3. He will walk right past you and frequently stops and signs stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    go whale-watching at the riverwalk
    Charles had a blast

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can catch a service at his church he is a minister afterall

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just use orbitz or hotels.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whataburger

Whataburger

Whataburger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, I'm just saying in general... I don't expect him to spend all day at the arena, tbh...
    It's the truth actually!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like an epic journey man! I fortunately get to go to games often and I love it every time!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For southtown restaurants I recommend Taco Haven (check the hours though) or Rosario’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    go whale-watching at the riverwalk
    Dilly dilly!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What country are you travelling from?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go to a Golden State game and eat at In n Out
    Is that where it's from?? If it is, I wonder if In n Out actually means something else

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canada, but I’m all the way East and far North. A little over 2800 miles away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canada, but I’m all the way East and far North. A little over 2800 miles away.
    Where?

Thread Information