Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    For residents like Mitch , Will Hunting , monosylab1k / mono , Boston Pancake , Mark Celibate etc. to discuss week to week about how receiver X sucks, McCourty twin X is washed up, the sky is falling because it's December and we're only 11-3 and 2nd place in the AFC , etc.

My official prediction for 2019 is, 12-4 and another first round bye. 5-1 in the division. Bad division. 2nd place in the division gets 5 wins.

Looks like the Pats and Bill Belichick are at it again:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-receiver-role

Similar beginnings to Julian Edelman, but in Etling's case he is a 6'3" 220 dude, so potentially an outside receiver who can maybe ultimately play some slot, hybrid tight end if necessary. I don't doubt Belichick at all for making this guy into a lowkey star in time.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Don't ping me, Andy ya pig er

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’m happy as that they peaked at the right time last season, but I think their regular season performance is more indicative of where this Patriots run is headed. Nkeal Harry will be a nice addition, but losing Gronk really hurts the run game. I’m expecting 11-5 or 10-6 this year, with Brady continuing to incrementally decline but not fall off the cliff. Probably making another AFC le game but this might actually be the last one. If Josh Gordon gets reinstated then all bets are off.
    I just don't get why? Their schedule is easier than the last 2 years. Unlike the last 2 years they don't have any particularly hard AFC road games... at all. You can argue Baltimore which they might lose but it's not a given they'll be very good with a gimmick at QB. (Then again, the Pats lost to Bortles and Mariota last year so anything is possible.) They probably lose at Philly, too. But all the other playoff contender opponents (Browns, Chiefs, Cowboys & [arguably] Steelers)... are at home for the Patriots. The rest of their opponents (Bengals, Redskins, Giants, Texans, and of course the division games) should be fairly easy victories. You could argue they lose 1 of those, say a clunker Week 2 in Miami, but no more than that.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    why am I quoted in the OP? I hardly ever talk about New England

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    why am I quoted in the OP? I hardly ever talk about New England
    I've seen you with a NE skin before

I always thought you were Mono. Are you BUMP instead?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    AFC E is still a steaming pile of so they'll coast their way to another division crown

lack of gronk is going to be a huge deal tbh... i think 10-6 or 11-5 (just by virtue of having so many easy divisional matchups) and a loss in the first or second round sounds right

Belichick/Brady.............that is the best coach/QB combo ever, until that changes the Pats will be in the mix.

We had a great combo...Walsh/Montana, and look what we did.

Noll/Bradshaw
    Lombardi/Starr
    Brown/Otto......in the old AAFC

It all starts right there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Official 2019 Game-to-Game Prediction - NE

vs PIT W - Banner ceremony, possibly Brady's last, against the weakest Steelers team since 2013. No-brainer here.
    @ MIA L - Tom Brady, Florida, and September have always been a dreadful combination. Early Season Fitzmagic strikes yet again.
    vs NYJ W - Le'Veon Bell returns to Gillette Stadium, where he has never played well for his career. Comfort win for the Pats.
    @ BUF W - Bill Belichick/Tom Brady's utter domination and ownership of the Buffalo franchise continues.
    @ WAS W - Simply a mismatch. The Skins' D-Line will hurt Brady a few times, but that secondary won't hold up their end for long.
    vs NYG W - Eli's final matchup against the team he is famous for vanquishing doesn't end well for the spiraling Giants. Dan Jones time?
    @ NYJ W - Pats pull off a relatively close road win this time. Upstart Jets play them tough at home.
    vs CLE W - At home, but closer than one might expect. Browns give them a big run for their money, but the Pats score a clutch win.
    @ BAL L - Belichick gets questioned after getting beat by a running QB over and over again. Ravens' D gives Brady a relative off night.
    @ PHI L - Patriots' secondary is very good, but they have an off game against the brutal passing attack of the Flyin' Eagles.
    vs DAL L - At this point, the sky is falling in New England. Three losses in a row, are you kidding me? When has this ever happened?
    @ HOU W - After a shaky first half fuels the media fire (is Brady finally done?), the Pats then dominate and win handily. Order restored.
    vs KC W - Huge, clutch win against the #1 team and offense in the AFC, similar to last year and in 2013. Really helps to be at home.
    @ CIN W - Cincinnati at this point is a disaster and likely trying out other QBs in preparation for the end of the mundane Dalton era.
    vs BUF W - Playoff push, and they own the Bills. They win, but are eliminated from the #1 seed on the same day.
    vs MIA W - Possibly a meaningless victory, but they won't lose at home to the Dolphins who are playing to lose for draft position.

Final Regular Season Record: 12-4
    AFC East Place: 1st
    AFC Ranking/Seed: 2
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 07-26-2019 at 11:22 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Super legit #1 WR dontrelle inman cut

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Not including the residents, at all those frontrunners.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    also, half of those are me

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    And my Pat Chung busted for cocaine

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Another one of Andy's great takes.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Good thing he gave it the usual Andy caveat with some irrational argument I’m forgetting the specifics of but I know it basically was if he gets cut it doesn’t mean Andy was wrong.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good thing he gave it the usual Andy caveat with some irrational argument I’m forgetting the specifics of but I know it basically was if he gets cut it doesn’t mean Andy was wrong.
    Chargers will use him well. Tyrell Williams will be replaced more than adequately.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And my Pat Chung busted for cocaine
    Don't they still have that freak 6'5" 4.4 speed guy on the team? Henry "Obi" Melifonwu or something like that? Basically Calvin Megatron but on defense? He was a 2nd round pick and touted as the next and more athletic Kam Chancellor, tbh. Perfect Belichick project; if they can get him up to speed, Chung will be quickly forgotten.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    One thing some Pats fans on here were wrong about... Mike Pennel:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Devastating news. This young man's career is in jeopardy and he hasn't made it to his big (second) contract yet. Think Chris Bosh. And this one actually might seriously hurt the Patriots on the football field, this time:

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/20...gs-report.html

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I think Danny Shelton must have looked really good for them to cut Pennel.

If Andrews is done for the season that’s a game changer. Shaq Mason is their best lineman but he’s probably their most important lineman.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Don't they still have that freak 6'5" 4.4 speed guy on the team? Henry "Obi" Melifonwu or something like that? Basically Calvin Megatron but on defense? He was a 2nd round pick and touted as the next and more athletic Kam Chancellor, tbh. Perfect Belichick project; if they can get him up to speed, Chung will be quickly forgotten.
    never heard of the guy but now that you jinxed him, I imagine he'll finish with like 5 tackles this season

anyway, you actually bring up a good point with the schedule. I see another 12-4 season IMO. There's only six games that I think they even have a chance at losing. Mia (just because of history IMO), @BAL, @PHI, DAL, @HOU, and KC. Since it's New England, no way they don't win atleast two of those. Any other loss on the schedule is a huge upset

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think Danny Shelton must have looked really good for them to cut Pennel.

If Andrews is done for the season that’s a game changer. Shaq Mason is their best lineman but he’s probably their most important lineman.
    Shaq Mason is their best run blocker but not pass protector... Cannon is (one of the biggest OL contract discounts in today's NFL imo), followed by Andrews and Thuney. Pretty amazing how they've just plugged LTs in now for awhile like running backs with pretty good success. LT and C are both big question marks now, but at this point who doesn't have faith in Coach Dante to make it work again?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    never heard of the guy but now that you jinxed him, I imagine he'll finish with like 5 tackles this season

anyway, you actually bring up a good point with the schedule. I see another 12-4 season IMO. There's only six games that I think they even have a chance at losing. Mia (just because of history IMO), @BAL, @PHI, DAL, @HOU, and KC. Since it's New England, no way they don't win atleast two of those. Any other loss on the schedule is a huge upset
    They will lose @ MIA because it's Week 2, Brian Flores' revenge game, it's at Miami, and Brady doesn't take hot and humid weather well (1-12 career in Florida in the month of September). Also, early season Fitzmagic is always a thing. Everything points to a loss there. I'd honestly be shocked if the Pats actually won that game.

@BAL could go either way, and Belichick has a way at handling gimmick QBs, but BAL has the best secondary 1-6 in the entire NFL and it isn't even really close. They'll likely go around 8-8, but that's a home game for the Ravens.

Patriots have lost at least 1 to the NFC every year except their perfect regular season, so I suspect they'll lose either one or both of the Philly/Dallas games. Especially Philly at Philly, I'd give the Eagles a 75-25 shot. Dallas at home could go either way, 50-50, obviously if there's no Zeke that's a different story.

@NYJ is one that could be closer than you'd think, but you have to like the Pats to pull it out in the end, though it's not a guarantee-

@HOU - HOU is one of those teams that people overrate for no good reason every single year. Very top heavy team, and the Patriots have downright OWNED them over the years, regular season and playoffs. Bad OL and secondary, flaws that play right into the hands of both Belichick and Brady. I don't see them losing that one.

KC - yes that could go either way, but I'd give the Pats a slight upper hand because they're at home and it's later in the year.

So 12-4 it is.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Patriots got experienced center Russell Bovine for a late 6th round pick. Steal. Also looks like DeMaryius Thomas has officially gone the way of classmate Dez Bryant in similar fashion, and his playing days might be over.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Shaq Mason is their best run blocker but not pass protector... Cannon is (one of the biggest OL contract discounts in today's NFL imo), followed by Andrews and Thuney. Pretty amazing how they've just plugged LTs in now for awhile like running backs with pretty good success. LT and C are both big question marks now, but at this point who doesn't have faith in Coach Dante to make it work again?
    What the do you mean they’ve just “plugged left tackles for awhile”? Prior to last year, they had gone over 15 years with either Matt Light or Nate Solder as their starting left tackle. It had been a position where they had great continuity.

Either way though, left tackle isn’t their problem, losing Andrews is. Brady has always been able to overcome inconsistent left tackle play outside of when Von Miller was unstoppable. The middle part of his career when he didn’t win any super bowls was filled with patchwork starters at RG/C who allowed a-gap pressure at the wrong time, not to mention a left guard (Mankins) who played great in the regular season but regularly shat the bed in the playoffs.

Thread Information