Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes going to sign with LA anyway next summer. Why not get some draft picks for his carcass
    Right now Lakers/Magic aren't offering picks, etc. They are offering whatever trash they got.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't want to get booed by the fans every home game.

or he doesn't want to be Tonya Harding'ed... which is really what ought to have happened to Zaza Pachulia. He's the real franchise killer in this story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know he hasn't said a word in months? That's also speculation btw
    The last time Kawhi Leonard was quoted in front of cameras/media (just to make it crystal clear for you) was prior to the playoffs. All of the chatter coming out from "his group" is deemed sources from "his group". Not a single quote direct from Leonard, the uncle, the agent. Nobody. This year long dog and pony show is a pile of crap heaped upon the Spurs Organization and the city of San Antonio. Spitting in the face of a city, an organization, teammates, and a fan base that supported you enthusiastically for YEARS is bush league.

This has been a clandestine operation propped up by the east coast and west coast media that wants to see a quality player moved to a so called "major" market and out of San Antonio. BTW LA is actually an overgrown, traffic-chocked, crime ridden s***hole with mild weather.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im liking Michael c wright the more i read his commentary. Seriously wtf is up with these local sa reporters who seem to have no pulse on the team they cover.
    From that Jeff McDonald's tweet in 2016 about the Spurs should "let other teams to take a turn" at the top, to this Mike Finger's tweet...These guys are just horrible.

It's clear that Jabari Young doesn't like the Spurs but it seems like no one of the rest of reporters covering the team really like SA...

SAEN is pure right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hilarious hahahahahaha

And then people don't believe that ESPN/SAS spread rumors about Kawhi to help the Lakers this offseason...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Kawhi stays and sits out for a second season and cements his reputation as the biggest in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh ok this year you're not showing up because it's a holdout and not some bull second opinion.

we dont pay you and we still control your rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given with the CBA rule, I think Kawhi can easily dodge that by simply playing but not giving his 100%.

Well thats sort of risky too. If he only plays sub par on purpose that will only hurt his value moving forward into next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this were a real business the Spurs would sue Leonard for breech of contract and defamation and damages would include loss of revenue line ticket sales and concessions. Awards could tally up to a nice chunk of his future salary.

I think the Spurs have been holding out and keeping quiet in hopes of reconciliation of this thing and perhaps convincing Leonard to come back and come to his senses.

I think this thing will continue and it will get very ugly. Especially if this mute cancer doesn't get his way and get traded before the season starts. He will sit and not play the whole year before he faces the consequences of his actions and stepping foot in the locker room.

Spurs go from Tim Duncan to possibly the most en led and rotten guy in the league. Other players and moan, but at least show up and play. This would be a first and you can't defend this.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis Robertson really starting to get on that level of awfulness as LaVar Ball with regard to ruining his ward’s career. I don’t know how Kawhi would look if he and his camp insist on not playing. He essentially took almost $20M for free playing video games and faked an injury without even saying a word.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this strategy of using holdouts and making up to make your current team's FO look bad will easily cost $50-80 mil. not hard to think a more savvy group could have avoided that. this looks like inexperienced re s trying to act hard. spurs should start leaking negative they have for the of it. quitting on a playoff team is never a good look.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this strategy of using holdouts and making up to make your current team's FO look bad will easily cost $50-80 mil. not hard to think a more savvy group could have avoided that. this looks like inexperienced re s trying to act hard. spurs should start leaking negative they have for the of it. quitting on a playoff team is never a good look.
    Difference between the supermax and the extension he gets in LA can easily be recouped by getting shoe and endorsement deals. LA has more to offer in that regard as compared to HEB commercials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis Robertson really starting to get on that level of awfulness as LaVar Ball with regard to ruining his ward’s career. I don’t know how Kawhi would look if he and his camp insist on not playing. He essentially took almost $20M for free playing video games and faked an injury without even saying a word.
    Like I said, I think the Spurs let it go in hopes of turning this around. This will get nasty and they will recoup some monies back if they pull this sitting out again.

They won't even get a chance to pretend he is hurt because he won't set foot in the locker or court. I think wad Dennis Robertson and his group proclaimed he is 'healthy' so there is no going back to that, unless he goes Jason Pierre Paul and blows off his fingers on the 4th of July with fireworks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Cry Leonard can find a random quack doctor to say he's hurt, it'll be hard for Spurs to to prove he's holding out and thus sue or fine him. (Hope I'm wrong on this). I mean according to Bill Simmons Uncle Dennis had to go to 8 docs to find one to play ball. You'd have to be a s bag, and one who apparently really doesn't enjoy the game (why not just play and get paid, then leave. Why just sit out because of trumped up reasons). There's a feeling of en lement here. Obviously, he feels he deserves his 18 to 20 mill even though he's not playing and has no qualms collecting the money while sitting out. Tony made some remark, therefore I am justified in taking 18 mill? It speaks of either a) a lack of perspective or b) out and out dishonesty.

In retrospect, I'm pissed Pop protected his ass in the WCF in 17. Pop looked long term and did not bring Kawhi back, even though by many reports he could have played in Game 3 or 4. But Pop did the right thing. 90% of fanchises wouldn't. Should have put him out there and let him trash his ankle Grant Hill-style. If so, Uncle D would be begging for a contract for his washed up nephew.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Has Woj, Aldridge, Shams, or any others confirm SAS report?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hilarious posters are taking SAS as gospel here now.
    not just posters. ESPN itself and other media outlets too. why they allow this stupid ass smith to just put out his agenda-driven nonsense is beyond me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, lets just have a five team NBA SASmith. What delusional BS. Why do the supposed "Major Market" teams need that colluded help? SASmith is just another puppet - ESPN has to pay for all the inflated salaries (including Lebron's, SASmith, Kawhi, etc) and the rate of salary inflation in unsustainable.

Heres the solution SA Smith - the Lakers, Clips, Bulls, Knicks, and Nets need to hire and retain better coaches, management, and players. PERIOD.

Idiot NBA player think money grow on trees. S.A. Smith as well.

This is WWF stuff now. Not legit anymore.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of what SAS said.

He is the most annoying media member of all time. Always on the nuts of the star, diva, black athlete like Mayweather. Everything he says.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of what SAS said.

He is the most annoying media member of all time. Always on the nuts of the star, diva, black athlete like Mayweather. Everything he says.
    yeah. he's a front-running, big market sycophant. his bias has never been hidden. , he might as well be wearing a lakers jersey when he opines on the leonard situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some would say that it's easier to deal with Lavar Ball bc he's obnoxious but he's up front and lays out his agenda ahead of time. Dennis seems like a double faced kind of agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Difference between the supermax and the extension he gets in LA can easily be recouped by getting shoe and endorsement deals. LA has more to offer in that regard as compared to HEB commercials.
    You state this as a fact - you are wrong. A supermax is guaranteed money. KL will never make up $80MM in salary on a SHOE contract.

Tell me how this $80MM variance is "easily" obtained when you are not even sure this guy can play well enough to be an all star player going forward.

Enlighten me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Cry Leonard can find a random quack doctor to say he's hurt, it'll be hard for Spurs to to prove he's holding out and thus sue or fine him. (Hope I'm wrong on this). I mean according to Bill Simmons Uncle Dennis had to go to 8 docs to find one to play ball. You'd have to be a s bag, and one who apparently really doesn't enjoy the game (why not just play and get paid, then leave. Why just sit out because of trumped up reasons). There's a feeling of en lement here. Obviously, he feels he deserves his 18 to 20 mill even though he's not playing and has no qualms collecting the money while sitting out. Tony made some remark, therefore I am justified in taking 18 mill? It speaks of either a) a lack of perspective or b) out and out dishonesty.

In retrospect, I'm pissed Pop protected his ass in the WCF in 17. Pop looked long term and did not bring Kawhi back, even though by many reports he could have played in Game 3 or 4. But Pop did the right thing. 90% of fanchises wouldn't. Should have put him out there and let him trash his ankle Grant Hill-style. If so, Uncle D would be begging for a contract for his washed up nephew.
    I’m assuming, maybe incorrectly, that Spur’s have insurance to cover player injuries. Insurance companies don’t like fraud and workman’s compensation cases are reviewed from a state appointed list of physicians. I’m surprised Spur’s haven’t already taken the insurance compensation route given Leornard claimed injury for all but nine games last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m assuming, maybe incorrectly, that Spur’s have insurance to cover player injuries. Insurance companies don’t like fraud and workman’s compensation cases are reviewed from a state appointed list of physicians. I’m surprised Spur’s haven’t already taken the insurance compensation route given Leornard claimed injury for all but nine games last year.
    Good post. Hope you're right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Shoe deals are national and not local, and guys like Westbrook in OKC have done just fine with their shoe deals. It’s about being marketable and having a personality. Meanwhile, Kawhi has no personality and is destroying his brand by the day.

And now he wants to go be second fiddle to Lebron? I’m sure that will mean raking in the big bucks. Just ask broke Pippen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From that Jeff McDonald's tweet in 2016 about the Spurs should "let other teams to take a turn" at the top, to this Mike Finger's tweet...These guys are just horrible.

It's clear that Jabari Young doesn't like the Spurs but it seems like no one of the rest of reporters covering the team really like SA...

SAEN is pure right now.
    Agreed.

Thread Information