Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Darth Maul battle is easily the best thing about the prequels. Hayden Christensen’s all-time bad, Tommy Wiseau in The Room level ty performance is enough to push Phantom Menace way ahead of the other two turdfests, even with all the Jar Jar crap. Not to mention Episode 1 had Liam Neeson, and Natalie Portman was still putting forth a little bit of effort, before going into full “cashin dem checks” mode for the next two.
    Liam Neeson is far and away the only actor in the prequels that seems natural. Even Ewan McGregor, also solid, struggled with Lucas' stilted dialogue at times and had a few cringe-worthy moments. But the scenes with Anakin and Padme in AotC are easily some of the worst acted in the entire saga.

I also agree about Maul. He really should've survived and been used instead of Count Dooku. McGregor and Ray Park going at it was way more impressive than CGI Yoda vs CGI Christopher Lee. Anakin defeating Maul in Ep3 would've seemed a much bigger feat than defeating Dooku.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Episode 1

Cut out the scenes with Jar Jar and little Anakin and it's almost Original 3 status

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    The space fight at the beginning and Kenobi vs. Jango were the highlights IMO. Grievous and Maul were so underutilized I forget about them. Kenobi vs. Anikin was pretty good.
    Space fight at the beginning? That was revenge not clones....or did I miss the point?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Survived, got arachnid robotic legs, then got regular robotic legs, his brother became force sensitive thanks to his witch mother, Palpatine sensed his presence and a plot against him, kicked his ass and killed his brother.
    He was seen in a ty cameo in Solo.
    Found Kenobi on Tattooine, tried to kill him but got killed by Obiwan who anticipated the same move Maul made against Qui Gon before killing him.

Ooof

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Episode 1

Cut out the scenes with Jar Jar and little Anakin and it's almost Original 3 status
    That's cutting out a whole lot. And what are you left with? A trade/tax dispute? Not exactly as riveting as a rebellion vs an evil empire.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cast members and JJ dropping nuggets about not liking the Last Jedi only a week out from TROS release.

But you only don’t like it if of your a racist misogynist man baby.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Space fight at the beginning? That was revenge not clones....or did I miss the point?
    Sorry, you're right. See, I haven't watched them.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Cast members and JJ dropping nuggets about not liking the Last Jedi only a week out from TROS release.

But you only don’t like it if of your a racist misogynist man baby.
    The reasons you specifically dislike TLJ are racist misogynist man baby reasons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The reasons you specifically dislike TLJ are racist misogynist man baby reasons.
    Dumb

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Okay man-baby

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Even more dumb.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    really? i thought that would be revenge of the sith and not even close...

kenobi vs grievous, yoda vs emperor, kenobi vs anikin

i guess seeing yoda fight for the first time is a big one for #2
    Chumpdumper has a good take, but I agree with you. I remember re-watching attack of the clones solely to see the 30 seconds of Yoda being a bad ass against Dooku at the end. Overall I enjoyed revenge of the siith more mostly the way I like watching poorly made B horror movies. (For the lolz)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    All I see is this

Last edited by LaMarcus Bryant; 12-12-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Phantom Menace is not even necessary. The duel with maul, especially the score, was great. Neeson was too good for the movie. Nothing around him was up to part.

Attack of the Clones is the worst of that trilogy. Horrible all the way around, especially the acting (I hate sand), except for the Yoda duel. Lucas was too interested playing with his toys, and selling toys for that matter, instead of story.

Revenge was the best of the bunch, but still not that great. Kinda felt like everyone settled into their roles too little too late by this point. Mcgregor finally delivered as Obi Wan. If they had just started the prequels with Attack of the clones, and in the middle movie given Anakin more time to really struggle going back and forth, I think it would’ve been better for the overall story. The quick 180 scene in Revenge felt super rushed.

The opening scene in Revenge when the two ships come down into the battle is a great shot.
    Last edited by UZER; 12-12-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Phantom Menace is not even necessary. The duel with maul, especially the score, was great. Neeson was too good for the movie. Nothing around him was up to part.

Attack of the Clones is the worst of that trilogy. Horrible all the way around, especially the acting (I hate sand), except for the Yoda duel. Lucas was too interested playing with his toys, and selling toys for that matter, instead of story.

Revenge was the best of the bunch, but still not that great. Kinda felt like everyone settled into their roles too little too late by this point. Mcgregor finally delivered as Obi Wan. If they had just started the prequels with Attack of the clones, and in the middle movie given Anakin more time to really struggle going back and forth, I think it would’ve been better for the overall story. The quick 180 scene in Revenge felt super rushed.

The opening scene in Revenge when the two ships come down into the battle is a great shot.
    Plus nobody continuously acknowledges Padme basically robbing the cradle and having intercourse with someone she was like a babysitter-guardian figure for when he was a little boy and she was full woman.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Plus nobody continuously acknowledges Padme basically robbing the cradle and having intercourse with someone she was like a babysitter-guardian figure for when he was a little boy and she was full woman.
    I looked it up. Padme is supposed to be 14 in Phantom, 5 years older than lil' Darth. Portman was a mature 16 during filming.

Man, there could've been so much done with Anakin's descent. Could have just volunteered for solo missions and left mini genocides in his wake, been cruel to animals and other psycho . That's expecting a lot from Lucas in a kids' show tho.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    really? i thought that would be revenge of the sith and not even close...

kenobi vs grievous, yoda vs emperor, kenobi vs anikin

i guess seeing yoda fight for the first time is a big one for #2
    This edited Kenobi - Vader fight is amazing tbh

Less geriatric tbh

This fight between Palpatine and Maul & Opress is pretty badass too

Palpatine was a savage

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This edited Kenobi - Vader fight is amazing tbh

Less geriatric tbh

This fight between Palpatine and Maul & Opress is pretty badass too

Palpatine was a savage

i've seen that edited fight, its pretty great. the original has aged terribly tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i've seen that edited fight, its pretty great. the original has aged terribly tbh
    I didn't have a problem with the original fight tbh, because they were older and Vader had a robotic body and didn't have the same energy because of his health so using the force drained him quicky

But thenin the prequels you see old ass Palpatine and Yoda jumping left and right, so I think the ANH fight aged badly because of the prequels

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I didn't have a problem with the original fight tbh, because they were older and Vader had a robotic body and didn't have the same energy because of his health so using the force drained him quicky

But thenin the prequels you see old ass Palpatine and Yoda jumping left and right, so I think the ANH fight aged badly because of the prequels
    showing vader rip everybody a new one in rogue one, too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

What I liked about that Vader scene was how scared everybody was. And Vader didn't perform any unnecessary movements. He just strolled down the hallway and sliced everybody up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    What I liked about that Vader scene was how scared everybody was. And Vader didn't perform any unnecessary movements. He just strolled down the hallway and sliced everybody up.
    true, but still had to be quick and precise enough with the saber to deflect everything shot at him

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    true, but still had to be quick and precise enough with the saber to deflect everything shot at him
    Of course, I just meant he wasn't flipping off the walls or some .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

yeah it was great but it wasn’t a lightsaber duel

Thread Information