Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No room for a Tim Hardaway Jr on this team. We already got 1 or 2 guards to many. Is he good enough to absolutely take a bunch of minutes from murray, white, walker, and devin ? Nope. He going to get some crazy offers as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't necessarily think Hardaway is a man made by Doncic-- he takes shots with hands in his face. He's a ballsy player. I think he's sort of like Harrison Barnes in a way. And like Barnes, he will be overpaid like crazy this offseason.
    Barnes is locked in for two more years, pretty reasonably. $20M next year, $18M the year after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes is locked in for two more years, pretty reasonably. $20M next year, $18M the year after.
    I meant the Dallas 2016-2019 version of Barnes. $23M a year during those years was a clear overpay. Probably equivalent to $27M now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There really aren't any high dollar free agents this year that I think fit the Spurs or are worth it, but generally speaking it'll be hard to avoid at least a small overpay to convince a star or near star to choose San Antonio over all other teams. I think we got spoiled by Timmy, Manu, and Tony routinely giving a home town discount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari mentions Spurs interest in CJ McCollum

Link to full article: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/05/trai....PostToTwitter

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the mavs wrongfully blame Kristaps for how their season ends and want to trade him we should be pushing hard to do a sign and trade for him with Derozan. He would damn near every problem we have with our front court.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    When the mavs wrongfully blame Kristaps for how their season ends and want to trade him we should be pushing hard to do a sign and trade for him with Derozan. He would damn near every problem we have with our front court.
    no he wouldnt. Porzingis is 100x softer than Poeltl is, he has no big man skills and his perimeter skills arent even that good, plus he is injury prone as

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kristpas is a s of what he once was. Mavs were looking to dump him at the trade deadline and found no one wanting to take him. Defensively, he's horrible now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize Lillard to the Spurs has a zilcho chance of happening, but can't San Antonio get involved to help absorb salary for a third team? They could get some nice smaller pieces if they work things right, especially as the big FAs don't seem worth the big outlays of cash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize Lillard to the Spurs has a zilcho chance of happening, but can't San Antonio get involved to help absorb salary for a third team? They could get some nice smaller pieces if they work things right, especially as the big FAs don't seem worth the big outlays of cash.
    It's difficult because there are lots of overpaid guards, in which Spurs don't need. And also Spurs seem to have lined up cap space for 2023 off season.

So someone like Barnes and Grant are good options as they play a position of need and have expired contracts in 2023.

Horford is an option if Spurs can get Dort in the package. But I don't think Thunder value cap space.

Mike's Turner and Lavert are targets that fit in cap space. And a potential DDR trade partner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's difficult because there are lots of overpaid guards, in which Spurs don't need. And also Spurs seem to have lined up cap space for 2023 off season.

So someone like Barnes and Grant are good options as they play a position of need and have expired contracts in 2023.

Horford is an option if Spurs can get Dort in the package. But I don't think Thunder value cap space.

Mike's Turner and Lavert are targets that fit in cap space. And a potential DDR trade partner.
    Horford is interesting because okc is going to have to move him...they can trade him or buy him out... the question is how much they'll have to pay to move him and is it better to do that or buy him out.... I don't think they or anyone else knows the answer to this yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't mean taking on big contracts or stars, I mean be a facilitator for contending teams that want to go big in the offseason but need someone with cap room to help. If that can happen, the Spurs could pick up smaller pieces that could be valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford is interesting because okc is going to have to move him...they can trade him or buy him out... the question is how much they'll have to pay to move him and is it better to do that or buy him out.... I don't think they or anyone else knows the answer to this yet.
    Yeah, they can’t keep him on the bench for two years. I think they underestimated how effective he is. They were hovering around 8-9 until they sat him, and only then were they really able to tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kristpas is a s of what he once was. Mavs were looking to dump him at the trade deadline and found no one wanting to take him. Defensively, he's horrible now.
    He was ok against the clips.. Played the passing lane well and got back in transition

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is playing poorly in Dallas for several reasons.

1. He never wanted to be there in the first place. Remember he threatened to take the qualifying offer if they didn't pay him the max.

2. They don't run any offense for him at all. They either force him onto the left block or have him stand at the 3 point line.

3. When he does get the ball nobody does anything but stand around and watch him. If you watch 6 hours of mavs basketball you can probably count on one hand how many screens someone sets for kristaps

4. They want him to be some great rim protector, which is not and has never been his game. They don't give him any type of help around the rim on defense which is why his defense looks so terrible, because he is on an island and the mavs perimeter defense is non existent.

5. Unless you are a stand and shoot role player Luka is incredibly difficult to play with. He pounds the ball forever and then takes a step back 3. He pounds the ball forever and then passes and instantly runs over to who he passed it to to get the ball back. He pounds the ball forever trying to back someone down in the paint so he can get to the line and shoot 40%. He does NOTHING off ball. He does less than NOTHING off ball. He probably hasn't taken 100 steps off the ball this whole season.

Realistically the mavs are not going to be able to pair Luka with a better "star" than Derozan. To match salaries Derozan would have to start at around 30 million and no one is going to give him remotely close to that. We need a volume shooting big to put up shots all over the floor cause Poeltl little pussy flip shots don't make any difference in a win or loss and this dude is never going to develop even a rudimentary offensive game. Kristaps gets to play the 4 and leave all the defense to Poeltl, Poeltl gets to play defense and not worry about ting himself anytime he has to shoot the basketball. Trade makes perfect sense for everyone. I am very confident that Kristaps can get pretty close to what he was in New York before his injury. I am also very confident that Kristaps is the first of many "star" level players who play two years with Luka and then want to leave cause they are an afterthought on the team known as the Dallas Luka's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is playing poorly in Dallas for several reasons.

1. He never wanted to be there in the first place. Remember he threatened to take the qualifying offer if they didn't pay him the max.

2. They don't run any offense for him at all. They either force him onto the left block or have him stand at the 3 point line.

3. When he does get the ball nobody does anything but stand around and watch him. If you watch 6 hours of mavs basketball you can probably count on one hand how many screens someone sets for kristaps

4. They want him to be some great rim protector, which is not and has never been his game. They don't give him any type of help around the rim on defense which is why his defense looks so terrible, because he is on an island and the mavs perimeter defense is non existent.

5. Unless you are a stand and shoot role player Luka is incredibly difficult to play with. He pounds the ball forever and then takes a step back 3. He pounds the ball forever and then passes and instantly runs over to who he passed it to to get the ball back. He pounds the ball forever trying to back someone down in the paint so he can get to the line and shoot 40%. He does NOTHING off ball. He does less than NOTHING off ball. He probably hasn't taken 100 steps off the ball this whole season.

Realistically the mavs are not going to be able to pair Luka with a better "star" than Derozan. To match salaries Derozan would have to start at around 30 million and no one is going to give him remotely close to that. We need a volume shooting big to put up shots all over the floor cause Poeltl little pussy flip shots don't make any difference in a win or loss and this dude is never going to develop even a rudimentary offensive game. Kristaps gets to play the 4 and leave all the defense to Poeltl, Poeltl gets to play defense and not worry about ting himself anytime he has to shoot the basketball. Trade makes perfect sense for everyone. I am very confident that Kristaps can get pretty close to what he was in New York before his injury. I am also very confident that Kristaps is the first of many "star" level players who play two years with Luka and then want to leave cause they are an afterthought on the team known as the Dallas Luka's.
    No, it doesn't because DDR is a ball dominant player as well.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari mentions Spurs interest in CJ McCollum

Link to full article: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/05/trai....PostToTwitter
    I’m not entirely sold on McCollum but I’d like to see it. I’ve kinda lost faith in our “backcourt of the future”. White is hurt too much to really grow. McCollum and Murray would be a fun duo that I think could play off each other well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not entirely sold on McCollum but I’d like to see it. I’ve kinda lost faith in our “backcourt of the future”. White is hurt too much to really grow. McCollum and Murray would be a fun duo that I think could play off each other well.
    How many guards do we need, though?

Even if DeRozan and Mills walk, we still have Murray, White, Walker, and Jones in the pipeline. Also would not at all be surprised to see the Spurs get another one in the draft, especially the 2nd round.

I understand they aren't all gonna be stars, but I'd rather focus on getting some actual size on this team so KJ can stop pretending he is a power forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No interest in McCollum... a 6'3" SG isn't going to do much for this team, except stunt the growth of Vassell and Walker. He's currently paired with one of the most dynamic PGs in the league and the results are less than stellar-- why start the experiment over again in San Antonio?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs interested in another veteran guard who comes up short in the playoffs after having a veteran guard repeatedly come up in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs interested in another veteran guard who comes up short in the playoffs after having a veteran guard repeatedly come up in the playoffs
    Let's face it. Without HOF talent on the team this Org. has no ing clue what they're doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta Hawks Kevin Huerter is a guy I could see us going after that could be an underrated pickup. Dude is 6’7” can handle the ball a bit along with pass. He is a solid 3 point shooter and is big enough to play the 3 as well as the 2. He isn’t totally trash on defense but not good either. Lmao.

Atlanta has a decent amount of solid young players that they aren’t going to be able to keep and he could be one of the guys who they aren’t going to be able to keep.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's face it. Without HOF talent on the team this Org. has no ing clue what they're doing.
    Eat a clown......there’s no metrics to support your dumb ass claims!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta Hawks Kevin Huerter is a guy I could see us going after that could be an underrated pickup. Dude is 6’7” can handle the ball a bit along with pass. He is a solid 3 point shooter and is big enough to play the 3 as well as the 2. He isn’t totally trash on defense but not good either. Lmao.

Atlanta has a decent amount of solid young players that they aren’t going to be able to keep and he could be one of the guys who they aren’t going to be able to keep.
    Probably let reddish go before him though....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably let reddish go before him though....
    i wouldn’t even mind us grabbing Reddish (he has been really bad on offense) because he is still very young. He could be a low cost reclamation project at a position of need for us.

I think Huerter is going to leave because they aren’t going to be able to sign Collins to a huge deal and keep Huerter if a team offers a decent enough deal. Trae Young the next off season will be coming up for a huge contract extension that everyone knows they are going to pay.

edit..
    I just noticed Huerter will be a free agent when Young is up for an extension not this season. I still wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves though.

Thread Information