San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yikes

det buls tag though

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, hope he pulls through ok. We all booed him but he created a somewhat level playing field where the small market Spurs could compete for les.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn. He never revealed where the bodies are buried.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    It's over/under time, will Stern be dead or alive seven days from today? I'm taking the under. Does anyone here have him in their death pool?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he dies he dies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. He never revealed where the bodies are buried.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, hope he pulls through ok. We all booed him but he created a somewhat level playing field where the small market Spurs could compete for les.
    He cleared the playing field for the Spurs? No, he tore sh** down for big market teams repeatedly and threw his company men into the mix to do hit jobs. Spurs have eight to ten les without the likes of Stern. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're an insecure homer and not a completely ignorant doofus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He cleared the playing field for the Spurs? No, he tore sh** down for big market teams repeatedly and threw his company men into the mix to do hit jobs. Spurs have eight to ten les without the likes of Stern. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're an insecure homer and not a completely ignorant doofus.
    OK Cosmored

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the "Cosmored" here; or do you really think Jew was working for San Antonio?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the "Cosmored" here; or do you really think Jew was working for San Antonio?

OK Cosmored

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Without the likes of Stern, who’s leading the Spurs to 8-10 les? Keith Van Horn or Tony Battie?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without the likes of Stern, who’s leading the Spurs to 8-10 les? Keith Van Horn or Tony Battie?
    Anyone can pull out a ping pong ball

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to argue the Spurs are a byproduct of Stern cheating, fine. But he's actually sitting there saying Stern was looking out for the little guy. That's obvious bull from an ignoramus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to argue the Spurs are a byproduct of Stern cheating, fine. But he's actually sitting there saying Stern was looking out for the little guy. That's obvious bull from an ignoramus.
    Hey head, list the specific 4 to 6 years Stern cheated the Spurs out of a le.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Stern brought the lottery to the NBA. Argue if you want that it could have eventually happened regardless of Stern, which isn’t necessarily true. Tanking hasn’t pushed the NFL or MLB into using a lottery system. NHL only has a lottery BECAUSE they followed Stern and the NBA. Stern is the one. He’s the one who not only considered it but implemented the idea to the NBA draft. Him. Without it, Spurs don’t get Duncan. That’s just facts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds were too real and advantageous to the worse teams, so Stern stopped doing that. at this nonsense that Stern's looking out...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    04 - .04
    12 - WCF Gm 5

Those are the two most prominent examples off the top of my head. Spurs were getting shanked all the time though by Stern's company men, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Stern brought the lottery to the NBA. Argue if you want that it could have eventually happened regardless of Stern, which isn’t necessarily true. Tanking hasn’t pushed the NFL or MLB into using a lottery system. NHL only has a lottery BECAUSE they followed Stern and the NBA. Stern is the one. He’s the one who not only considered it but implemented the idea to the NBA draft. Him. Without it, Spurs don’t get Duncan. That’s just facts.
    Or Robinson. Spurs didn't have the worst record in 1986-87, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    04 - .04
    12 - WCF Gm 5

Those are the two most prominent examples off the top of my head. Spurs were getting shanked all the time though by Stern's company men, though.
    You said they would have won 8 to 10 les. You only listed two games. First one there was no instant replay and the clock started late anyways so it wouldn't have gotten overturned. Second one you got the game wrong: it was Game 6 the Spurs got hosed by the refs. So they got ed out of a Game 7 at home in 2012, which was absolutely unforgivable. Still ain't something that cost them 4-6 les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said they would have won 8 to 10 les. You only listed two games. First one there was no instant replay and the clock started late anyways so it wouldn't have gotten overturned. Second one you got the game wrong: it was Game 6 the Spurs got hosed by the refs. So they got ed out of a Game 7 at home in 2012, which was absolutely unforgivable. Still ain't something that cost them 4-6 les.
    Game 6 the Spurs got absolutely hosed, but game 5 was pretty awful too... that 4th quarter where Durant/Harden got free throws every time they were breathed on but Duncan couldn't buy a call in the paint.

Spurs would have beaten Miami that year. Miami peaked in 2013 and we all know how close the Spurs were that year. And don't forget the Ray Allen tug on Manu's arm on the last play of overtime in Game 6. That's two championships right there.

Could you pull another 2 out of your ass? Possibly, plausibly, definitely. 2006. While Manu's swipe on Dogface was a bonehead decision, you don't make that call at the end of a Game 7, you just don't. Could the Mavs have hit a three on the next possession, or the Spurs missed a free throw? Absolutely, but the analytics don't favor it. No way we lose to the undermanned Suns that year considering their only real weapon against us was out on IR. And the Heat that year? They were determined as , but I don't think they were quite talented enough to beat the Spurs that year. Would have been a dogfight.

2016. Timmy's last ride. Best Spurs team probably ever, at least in the regular season. Unfortunately that year coincided with the best regular-season NBA team in history. Spurs definitely should have beaten OKC though, and the refs were truly awful against us in the guts of games 2 and 5 that year. Would they have beaten the Warriors? Considering how well OKC (and Cleveland!) did, they would have certainly had a chance. You just never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did this thread turn into a thread about if the spurs got everything going for them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the examples of individual calls in games that are somehow the fault of David Stern. Geez, if you're going to have a conspiracy theory, at least have one that makes sense. Or even examples of clear fouls (Ginobili on Dirk) that prove cheating because they were called? Even Manu agrees it was a foul. Oh well, homers gonna homer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the examples of individual calls in games that are somehow the fault of David Stern. Geez, if you're going to have a conspiracy theory, at least have one that makes sense. Or even examples of clear fouls (Ginobili on Dirk) that prove cheating because they were called? Even Manu agrees it was a foul. Oh well, homers gonna homer.
    It's not a foul that you call on the last possession of a game 7. Everyone knows you are supposed to swallow your whistles at the end of a game, ESPECIALLY a close playoff game, unless the contact, a) clearly disables the guy's ability to get off a realistically makeable shot attempt (OBVIOUSLY NOT THE CASE), and/or b) is forcible or borderline flagrant... neither of which were the case.

If Manu getting 80% ball and 20% hand on Dogface was a foul, then how about Gay Allen raking Manu's arm on the next to last play of OT in 6 ?

I hope Stern dies painfully and morbidly, tbh. Just too bad my grandmother had to die before that old WWE-level cheating, game-fixing got. Good riddance

Thread Information