Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Kyrie makes all-star again he can make even more under the Rose rule of the new CBA? Can someone explain that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kyrie makes all-star again he can make even more under the Rose rule of the new CBA? Can someone explain that?
    The salary in the first year of an extension to a rookie scale contract (other than for a team's Designated Player) may be any amount up to the player's maximum. This is usually the 0-6 year maximum, which is based on 25% of the salary cap (see question number 16). However, a player may receive up to the 7-9 year maximum, which is based on 30% of the cap, if he meets any of the following criteria (called the "5th Year 30% Max criteria"):

Named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team at least twice
    Voted as a starter in the All-Star game at least twice
    Named the NBA Most Valuable Player at least once

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q59

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thanks! And Parker makes how much? Lol. And as someone else mentioned Dragic makes much less ...SMH
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 07-01-2014 at 10:21 AM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't get why some think that they had to do this. Yes Kyrie is talented, yes Kyrie is a top 5 pg right now(weak era of pg's tbh), yes he can mature BUT he is not max potential. Damn cavs man, screwed up with Bennett and probably screwed up with not choosing Jabari too. What a waste tbh.
    I'm probably an moron, but I'm not ready to give up on Anthony Bennett quite yet, fwiw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm probably an moron, but I'm not ready to give up on Anthony Bennett quite yet, fwiw.
    Havent watched much of Cavs... What are his potentials? Didn't he come from the bench for most of the season after sucking at the start?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And you shouldn't he has talent but that is not enough.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kyrie is a top 5 pg right now(weak era of pg's tbh)
    Wrong on all accounts, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong on all accounts, tbh....
    In terms of talent, pg skills who are you top 5 then?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    In terms of talent, pg skills who are you top 5 then?
    Right off the top of my head, I'd rather have Choke, Enrique, Curry, Dragic, Wall, Westbrook, Thomas, Lowry, and Lawson than Kyrie, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right off the top of my head, I'd rather have Choke, Enrique, Curry, Dragic, Wall, Westbrook, Thomas, Lowry, and Lawson than Kyrie, tbh....
    Choke, Enrique, Westbrook, Curry are the only clear cut pg's who are better than Kyrie IMHO, as I said not counting being a cancer/immaturity or whatever and even with that one can always argue that Westbrook doesn't really play PG...

As for the others...

Dragic really good season. But the Suns' run run run system is better than Cavs' dog .
    Wall has Beal, Ariza, Nene, Gortat.
    Thomas is a scrubPeriod
    Lowry, really? I thought he is pretty overrated tbh never really watched much of the Raps
    Replace Lawson with Kyrie in the Nuggs, at the least a lateral move imho.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Choke, Enrique, Westbrook, Curry are the only clear cut pg's who are better than Kyrie IMHO, as I said not counting being a cancer/immaturity or whatever and even with that one can always argue that Westbrook doesn't really play PG...

As for the others...

Dragic really good season. But the Suns' run run run system is better than Cavs' dog .
    Wall has Beal, Ariza, Nene, Gortat.
    Thomas is a scrubPeriod
    Lowry, really? I thought he is pretty overrated tbh never really watched much of the Raps
    Replace Lawson with Kyrie in the Nuggs, at the least a lateral move imho.
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me, tbh.... Kyrie had a "win-now" team and couldn't make the playoffs in the East while hogging and not playing defense, tbh....

If Thomas is a scrub, what does that make Kyrie?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ Irving being a top 5 PG in the league. Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Parker, Dragic and Wall are better. I'd even say Lowry, Conley, Lillard, Bledsoe and Lawson had a better season. And don't compare the teams, cause Irving had a good team to make it to the playoffs in the pathetic East. Guys like Jeff ing Teague and Kemba Walker brought their teams to the playoffs while Irving didn't and his team is not bad compared to the Hawks or the Bobcats. Right now comparing Thomas and Irving is not really that stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me, tbh.... Kyrie had a "win-now" team and couldn't make the playoffs in the East while hogging and not playing defense, tbh....

If Thomas is a scrub, what does that make Kyrie?

So when Lebron bailed from cleveland because the team was you'll give him a pass but saying that other pg's look good because they are in better teams are excuses for Irving? Call it both ways tbh.
    Texas_Ranger Just to be clear, I think Kyrie is really overrated right now and not worth the max( no PG right now is worth the max) but as of raw talent, pg skills he is top 5 imho.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LeBron carried his team to the Finals, Kyrie couldn't even make the playoffs in a worse Eastern Conference

Hogging the ball, chucking, not playing defense and alienating your teammates = top 5 at your position? You must love Kirby, then....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ Irving being a top 5 PG in the league. Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Parker, Dragic and Wall are better. I'd even say Lowry, Conley, Lillard, Bledsoe and Lawson had a better season. And don't compare the teams, cause Irving had a good team to make it to the playoffs in the pathetic East. Guys like Jeff ing Teague and Kemba Walker brought their teams to the playoffs while Irving didn't and his team is not bad compared to the Hawks or the Bobcats. Right now comparing Thomas and Irving is not really that stupid.
    No they didn't that was Paul Millsap for the Hawks & Al Jefferson for the bobcats, put kyrie on those teams and they'll be the #3 seed

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Btw, you still haven't addressed how Thomas has nearly identical stats except for more assists and a better FG%, but he's a scrub whereas Kyrie is a top 5 PG....

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when Lebron bailed from cleveland because the team was you'll give him a pass but saying that other pg's look good because they are in better teams are excuses for Irving? Call it both ways tbh.
    Texas_Ranger Just to be clear, I think Kyrie is really overrated right now and not worth the max( no PG right now is worth the max) but as of raw talent, pg skills he is top 5 imho.
    OK, I agree with that and in the next 5 years he should become a top 1-3 PG in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy wtf?

Teams have been ing committing suicide in the last two days, tbh. lol Good NBA, good .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paying max contract for a PG(and not even an elite one)

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Holy wtf?

Teams have been ing committing suicide in the last two days, tbh. lol Good NBA, good .
    & just think back to a fortnight and a bit ago. "Teams" were swearing up & down they were going to follow Pop's example. An absolute revelation in the middle of June.

Please. How in the are they going to sustain a 7 year renewal with jacks & timbers when the fools broke thru the lines a little over 2 weeks in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh.... ty move by a ty franchise. Nothing new here really.

We shouldn't even discuss this really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No-brainer. They had to do this. As much of a pain in the rear as Kyrie can be he just turned 22. A lot of his issues just have to do with maturity.
    It's never a smart move to give a max extension to a player unless they are a bona-fide HoFer.

Thread Information