Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Kind of surprised there's not a thread. Early reviews are saying it's right up there with Scorsese's best films.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm sure it's well made, but the story it's based on is almost certainly complete bull .

I'll watch to see the latest Gimme Shelter montage. Maybe Marty is going to play the unreliable narrator card again. That would actually be cool.

Kill the Irishman (not the same Irishman) is on Netflix now too. Pretty good and only takes a couple liberties which are still in the realm of possibility.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I watched Kill the Irishman for the first time not long ago. Ray Stevenson was great as Danny Greene.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kill the Irishman was nice. Between the two movies, you have every requisite actor to make a GOAT mob movie.

Very much looking forward to this. Hasn't been a lot to look forward to this year, but this is one of those times.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Everything about this movie feels like it should be a spectacular failure. Geriatric actors pretending to be 30 years younger, a ridiculously long run time, a troubled production that went over budget to a legendary degree......but it’s Scorsese so you know it’s going to be amazing.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Yeah if you're going to get some old ass to play Frank Sheeran at least get Liam Neeson who's the right size and not the Mostlyitalianman.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    So what’s the difference between this movie’s plot and the plot that was behind Kill the Irishman?

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So what’s the difference between this movie’s plot and the plot that was behind Kill the Irishman?
    Kill the Irishman was based on Danny Greene, who was a head cracker who pretty much thought he was invincible during the 70's in Cleveland. They sensationalized the events of course but most of what happened in the movie actually happened. Pretty sure the Scorsese plot is almost all fiction, but he's so good at movies where he seamlessly moves back and forth between current events and past that it won't matter. Sort of feels like Once Upon a Time in America.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Big question is with a nearly 4 hour runtime, will this break the record for most f-bombs in a movie? Pretty sure Scorsese already holds that record with Wolf Of Wall Street

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The film follows Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran (Robert De Niro age 76), a truck driver who becomes a hitman and gets involved with mobster Russell Bufalino (Joe Pesci age 76) and his crime family, including his time working for the powerful Teamster Jimmy Hoffa (Al Pacino age 79).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everything about this movie feels like it should be a spectacular failure. Geriatric actors pretending to be 30 years younger, a ridiculously long run time, a troubled production that went over budget to a legendary degree......but it’s Scorsese so you know it’s going to be amazing.
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. I ing love some Scorsese films like The Departed, Goodfellas and Shutter Island but some are painfully overrated.. Raging Bull, Wolf of Wall Street and I think this will be another

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. I ing love some Scorsese films like The Departed, Goodfellas and Shutter Island but some are painfully overrated.. Raging Bull, Wolf of Wall Street and I think this will be another
    The good news is that this is supposed to be on Netflix on November 27.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The good news is that this is supposed to be on Netflix on November 27.
    Yeah, that's where I'm watching it. There's no way in I'm going to sit through a four hour movie in the theatre.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Watched it.

Wasn’t bad but wasn’t worth the buildup at all. Starts off well but the 2nd half of the movie is very much an over-budget show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I still need to finish it, I think I watched half. Unfortunately I'm just not as big of a Scorsese fan as some. His overuse of narration, period rock music, flashbacks within flashbacks, etc just start to bother me after a while.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Overhyped tbh
    Nothing special

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I still need to finish it, I think I watched half. Unfortunately I'm just not as big of a Scorsese fan as some. His overuse of narration, period rock music, flashbacks within flashbacks, etc just start to bother me after a while.
    The overuse of music from that era was really bad, imo. One of the worst parts of the movie.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I enjoyed it. It's not Scorsese's best but you get what you came for watching it...great acting from his favorite actors and great use of multiple timelines.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    scorsese doing a mobster flick with cliche mobster actors? lol super original. and this guy was trying to on superhero movies?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    So far I like the movie, but it’s tough to get too into it because old DeNiro de-aged looks nothing like young DeNiro.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    scorsese doing a mobster flick with cliche mobster actors? lol super original. and this guy was trying to on superhero movies?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Movie would have been way better if he just went with someone like Daniel Day Lewis or DiCaprio, instead of trying to de-age DeNiro. Also maybe don’t cast the most Italian guy ever as The Irishman.

It was good seeing Pacino actually acting instead of just screaming at the top of his lungs for 2 hours.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Movie would have been way better if he just went with someone like Daniel Day Lewis or DiCaprio, instead of trying to de-age DeNiro. Also maybe don’t cast the most Italian guy ever as The Irishman.

It was good seeing Pacino actually acting instead of just screaming at the top of his lungs for 2 hours.
    Agreed on Pacino

Talented actor, but I can’t remember the last time he actually acted in a movie

the Brando hype, Al was the best in The Godfather

Brb gonna rewatch Scarface and Serpico

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Would it be fair to criticize the movie itself for the story it was based on? Frank Sheeran seemed like a lying sack of .

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finished it last night. A solid 7.5.

Thread Information