Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are drunk, otherwise such nonsense would not come out of your fingertips.
    If we still have grumpy Pau, Spurs would have the 8 seeed playing GSW. He probably would have been helpful in this series, but good riddancez
    I'm just trolling Chinook's intelligent basketball take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That still didn't prevent you from trying to shift the atention from the awful signing by posting things like these:
    that was very obviously me trolling Manu fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was very obviously me trolling Manu fan
    Interesting choice of time to troll Manu fans, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting choice of time to troll Manu fans, tbh.
    I guess - seemed appropriate at the time. It’s pretty clear what I thought about the signing once the details were known tbh..

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's be happy that he will still be on the Spurs pay roll next year. Taking 5.1 Million of cap space by not even being on the roster. Great job RC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty/Gasol contracts... among the worst deals we've seen this FO give out. TP's 3/45 was bad, as was RJ's 4 year deal.

TP was an albatross in rapid decline, we had to give up a first rounder just to dump RJ, which is a shame considering how good the FO has been at getting quality players with late 1's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    retirement checks to a guy who beat you in the playoffs 10 years ago

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving a loyalty contract to a guy who turned the Spurs down before he was too washed up and then having that same scrub demand a release to join a real contender is just awesome

Same with Finley. That guy was a washed up bum who by the end of the 07 playoffs was obviously on his last legs ... They give him the game ball! And he then gets his relatively small but still underserved loyalty deal where he s all over the court for 2.5 seasons before asking to be released so he can join a real contender.

It's perfect.

And yet Kawhi, one of the best players in the league, finals mvp, mvp candidate, singlehandedly had the Spurs up big in GS game 1, supposedly couldn't even get a superMax contract commitment from the jump.

The Spurs and their loyalty issues are bizarre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay is next. 3 years/40 million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ NO!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That cheap?

I'm guessing that year 3 will only be partially guaranteed. Like maybe 7-9 million guaranteed. Enough to still screw with the cap the year after he's been released midseason in year 2 to go ring Chase

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That cheap?

I'm guessing that year 3 will only be partially guaranteed. Like maybe 7-9 million guaranteed. Enough to still screw with the cap the year after he's been released midseason in year 2 to go ring Chase
    it would certainly be a very tradeable contract. We might be able to get a nice young player back for that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was this the beginning of the end? What a ride

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a joke

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gave him a loyalty contract for absolutely no reason and this is how he repays him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gave him a loyalty contract for absolutely no reason and this is how he repays him

Hey he played 62 games and waited a whole week on a beach in Spain for his next payday so the Spurs could "sign talent". Deserved every penny of that 50 mill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Pau won les with Phil but not with Poop

Can't blame him for that tweet bh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was this the beginning of the end? What a ride
    Nah. The deal was a response in large part to Kawhi wanted LMA traded for CP3, Kyrie or George. By then, things were already broken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. The deal was a response in large part to Kawhi wanted LMA traded for CP3, Kyrie or George. By then, things were already broken.
    Maybe but this was making sure things stayed broken. Didn’t change the team and guaranteed they couldn’t for foreseeable future as well.

Disaster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe but this was making sure things stayed broken. Didn’t change the team and guaranteed they couldn’t for foreseeable future as well.

Disaster.
    Leonard wasn't staying in San Antonio for any reason. Maybe just maybe he didn't like his teammates and nothing thy could have done could have made him stay!!! Now Pau being signed to that gross contract is one thing that is disturbing on it's own but it had no effect on Leonard leaving. I would say the signing of Gay over his buddies played a huger role in the situation than Pau deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Disaster.
    Stars making demands almost never ends up good for the roster. Kawhi wanted the Spurs to get a star, the team set up a trade for Aldridge to make room and had a deal in place with Pau to fill in the gaps. Houston squicked the Spurs by trading for Paul before free agency. We've gone over the math of the Gasol deal a ton now. No one likes its structure. But it didn't make Leonard leave nor prevent him from staying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget, Pop basically ended his career as any sort of a prominent player. Granted, it was the domino effect from the infamous trade and changing times: Aldridge had to play center and Poeltl had to play period . . . but that doesn't make it any easier to accept from his perspective.

As witnessed time and time again, once a player is reduced to a minimal role, it's hard to shake that.

? S bag wanting one of the superstars or stars from the in crowd may have been a periphery issue, but make no mistake, what he really wanted (or was brainwashed into believing he should) was what he was never going to receive here but now has, which is all the things associated with the contemporary superstar, most notably attention and credit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ? S bag wanting one of the superstars or stars from the in crowd may have been a periphery issue, but make no mistake, what he really wanted (or was brainwashed into believing he should) was what he was never going to receive here but now has, which is all the things associated with the contemporary superstar, most notably attention and credit.
    That's true. But Leonard demanded the team acquire a star, and the team attempted to accommodate him the summer they re-signed Gasol. Kawhi was probably going to leave no matter what (though I think Leonard wanted to stay in SA way more than Toronto), but that doesn't mean he wasn't trying to throw his weight around years before he actually demanded a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S bag wanting one of the superstars or stars from the in crowd may have been a periphery issue, but make no mistake, what he really wanted (or was brainwashed into believing he should) was what he was never going to receive here but now has, which is all the things associated with the contemporary superstar, most notably attention and credit.
    Pretty sure he could do without the attention. He's autistic af tbh. Credit, sure. (At least a) Second star, yup. Coach that treats him like royalty, mmmm yeah. LA, most definitely. Attention, not really. He doesn't seek attention like s of LeBron/CP3/KD ilk.

Thread Information