Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Aldridge a better player than Spurs fans give him credit for being? This team looks like a team that doesn't belong in the NBA without him the line up. Two of the best games I've seen this team play were the two before the All Star game. If the younger players could have stepped up they would've killed the 3rd seeded Nuggets. I truly believe even at 35 if you switched DeRozan for a 3 and D forward this team would win 50 games with LA as the leader. I know most Spurs fans think he's a bum but truly see how bad this team is without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes a good player that raises the ceiling of this team to a perennial playoff team, but no one you build around if you want a championship.

If its between DeMar and Aldridge, ill choose Aldridge. But that's because of how this roster is built.

The only reason I would select DeMar on any team is if we had another star who was a legit shooter, like Curry.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes a good player that raises the ceiling of this team to a perennial playoff team, but no one you build around if you want a championship.

If its between DeMar and Aldridge, ill choose Aldridge. But that's because of how this roster is built.

The only reason I would select DeMar on any team is if we had another star who was a legit shooter, like Curry.
    I agree I just don't like the fact that he gets lumped in as Being the same as DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes
    I've been critical of him this year, but suspect he has been playing injured. He's a great 2nd star type.
    Unfortunately, time is not on his side.
    The year nephew sat out he basically dragged the team to the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a HoFer who is treated like a below replacement-level player, so yeah.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a HoFer who is treated like a below replacement-level player, so yeah.
    Pretty much this. H gets for complaining about how he was being used but the same people who criticize him for that agree with players like Walker and Murray complaining about how their being used even thought they have yet to prove anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't love him, but after DDR i've grown to appreciate him more.
    he doesn't have that killer instinct but he also isn't very cancerous and has remained relatively loyal and drama free his time here. handling his unhappiness etc like a man
    and frankly after seeing the absolute show he dragged to the playoffs i think we should at least respect his workmanship and overall dependability

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Aldridge a better player than Spurs fans give him credit for being? This team looks like a team that doesn't belong in the NBA without him the line up. Two of the best games I've seen this team play were the two before the All Star game. If the younger players could have stepped up they would've killed the 3rd seeded Nuggets. I truly believe even at 35 if you switched DeRozan for a 3 and D forward this team would win 50 games with LA as the leader. I know most Spurs fans think he's a bum but truly see how bad this team is without him.
    I been saying this for over a year. You could get a 3D and a cheap banger or maybe two serviceable 3D for DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much this. H gets for complaining about how he was being used but the same people who criticize him for that agree with players like Walker and Murray complaining about how their being used even thought they have yet to prove anything.
    There are legit people who think Murray is better than LMA and that Walker would be better with playing time. As if being even a low-level star in the NBA is easy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't get criticized enough...

He has one of the lowest basketball IQ's of anybody I have ever seen...

One of the worst passers I have ever seen...I have NEVER said "wow that was a good pass by LMA"...one of the main problems with our offense is that once he gets the ball he either has to shoot or someone has to stand next to him and take it since he can't pass for ...

His inability to pass damn near single handily destroyed the hammer play and he pretty much made Danny useless here since Danny could only really spot up in places LMA could get him the ball, which was right next to him, which lead to Danny being even more useless on offense...

The year we had the most team success LMA wanted out because he didn't get meh touches and he was required to do other things than shoot the ball...the year we had the least success Kawhi was out so he got to play LMA ball and we were an 8th seed but it was easily the best time he had in SA because he got to be "the man"...

No one single player has had a more negative impact on spurs culture than LMA...i feel like if we could have gotten anything reasonable for him Pop would have shipped him out...the fact that we couldn't tells you about what other teams think of LMA...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are legit people who think Murray is better than LMA and that Walker would be better with playing time. As if being even a low-level star in the NBA is easy.
    Someone on here said that Murray would be drafted ahead of Rudy Gay if they were both the same age and in the same draft.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i've been saying what's been so obvious for a very long time. he needs help defensively. give him a mcgee, dwight howard, nerlens noel. he has too much on his shoulders... he's 35 and he's not tim duncan defensively. different physiques, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    potential is always greater in the mind than reality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One of the worst passers I have ever seen...I have NEVER said "wow that was a good pass by LMA"...one of the main problems with our offense is that once he gets the ball he either has to shoot or someone has to stand next to him and take it since he can't pass for ...

His inability to pass damn near single handily destroyed the hammer play and he pretty much made Danny useless here since Danny could only really spot up in places LMA could get him the ball, which was right next to him, which lead to Danny being even more useless on offense...

The year we had the most team success LMA wanted out because he didn't get meh touches and he was required to do other things than shoot the ball...the year we had the least success Kawhi was out so he got to play LMA ball and we were an 8th seed but it was easily the best time he had in SA because he got to be "the man"...

No one single player has had a more negative impact on spurs culture than LMA...i feel like if we could have gotten anything reasonable for him Pop would have shipped him out...the fact that we couldn't tells you about what other teams think of LMA...
    have we found that Virgin Islands poster's alt? say something negative about nephew or positive about lma and its like a ing bat signal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA can’t pass for sure.
    Double team him almost guarantees a turnover or an offensive reset with little time.
    LMA has his warts for sure.

LMA is a better fit with the rest of the Spurs w/o DDR than DDR is w/o LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Series question? Thought u were asking bout playoff series. I can't take the question seriously when you ask a series question.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes the best our player right now and i wouldnt mind if he stays longer in spurs (unlike ddr, he must be traded!) but imo he deserves to be in a competetive team and has a real chance for at least CF so he should be traded to blazers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge has an immense amount of talent but is wildly inconsistent. He is not a leader, rarely shows flashes of compe iveness & too often just goes through the motions. Derozan is also incredibly talented offensively, but he's a ball stopper who doesn't know his limitations and often tries to do much on his own. Also not a leader and just plays for himself out there. Both these guys are at a point in their careers where they would be great 3rd options on contending teams. All that being said, you keep Aldridge over Derozan because of his size and rim protecting potential (don't laugh). Rudy Gay is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge hurt the team in so many ways, first of all; Danny Green, dude took a pay cut so we can sign LMA and then when he shows up wants the ball so he can post and wants the ball often so he can "get his rhythm" as he used to say, so the ball stops, so Danny does not get his usual open shots. And he had the audacity to request a trade! When he was fortunate enough to play with the BEST player in the league, and the BEST coach, in the BEST org. CP3 did not want to come to the Spurs and it was because of LaMarcus, he was picked last in the All-Star game, that should tell you something. PG was, how can I play with Kawhi? And LaMarcus was uh get me out of here...

I wish we could have traded him to Portland for Nurkic + fillers, was Nuk was considered overpaid at 10mi per year. He was their Bryn Forbes for about a year or a year and a half.

This team could have been better without LA if Trey was healthy and performing as he did towards the end of the season (when LA was out with that injury).

When your "Bigs" are Jacob, Rudy Gay, Eubanks, and Metu, you can't have that high expectation for this team. I mean Jakob can only play for so long, and from time to time he gets into foul trouble.

Any rate, I would love to trade LMA for someone like Lauri Markkanen this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trash take. Want proof? Saggirl liked your post.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge hurt the team in so many ways, first of all; Danny Green, dude took a pay cut so we can sign LMA and then when he shows up wants the ball so he can post and wants the ball often so he can "get his rhythm" as he used to say, so the ball stops, so Danny does not get his usual open shots. And he had the audacity to request a trade! When he was fortunate enough to play with the BEST player in the league, and the BEST coach, in the BEST org. CP3 did not want to come to the Spurs and it was because of LaMarcus, he was picked last in the All-Star game, that should tell you something. PG was, how can I play with Kawhi? And LaMarcus was uh get me out of here...

I wish we could have traded him to Portland for Nurkic + fillers, was Nuk was considered overpaid at 10mi per year. He was their Bryn Forbes for about a year or a year and a half.

This team could have been better without LA if Trey was healthy and performing as he did towards the end of the season (when LA was out with that injury).

When your "Bigs" are Jacob, Rudy Gay, Eubanks, and Metu, you can't have that high expectation for this team. I mean Jakob can only play for so long, and from time to time he gets into foul trouble.

Any rate, I would love to trade LMA for someone like Lauri Markkanen this summer.
    All this ranting for the guy that stuck out with the spurs.

Kawhi hurt the team . Full stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this ranting for the guy that stuck out with the spurs.

Kawhi hurt the team . Full stop.
    Kawhi took care of Kawhi and his family.

At the time, it was the smart thing to do and keep LaMarcus, the Spurs were right not to trade him because we were contending for a ring, and then they had to deal with him when Kawhi left. And if not, for him we don't tie the longest playoff streak in professional sports. But, if we do trade him, I am sure Kawhi stays.

Dejounte, Danny Green, Kawhi, Trey Lyles, and Nurkic would be awesome starting five, and then off the bench; Derrick, Lonnie, Keldon, Rudy, and Patty. That team would have had a legit chance for a ring.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi took care of Kawhi and his family.

At the time, it was the smart thing to do and keep LaMarcus, the Spurs were right not to trade him because we were contending for a ring, and then they had to deal with him when Kawhi left. And if not, for him we don't tie the longest playoff streak in professional sports. But, if we do trade him, I am sure Kawhi stays.

Dejounte, Danny Green, Kawhi, Trey Lyles, and Nurkic would be awesome starting five, and then off the bench; Derrick, Lonnie, Keldon, Rudy, and Patty. That team would have had a legit chance for a ring.
    kawhi has a better team in LA right now. He has done whats best for him. With spurs he would not have a real chance for a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi has a better team in LA right now. He has done whats best for him. With spurs he would not have a real chance for a ring.
    Figures that the first rumbles of him being unhappy came from SI just as PATFO resigned Mills and Gasol while Paul George had SA on his trade list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People still in denial that KY only left for one reason and that reason was to go back to La La land aka Cali. The current team sucks so bad not even fun to watch at all they look like a JV team playing a Varsity team most of the times. A lot of solid points about LMA and. DEROZZ, but I would throw someone else that has held this team back and that is coach Pop. I am waiting for all three to be traded or let go before I watch any more Spurs games.

Thread Information