Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t buy the rumor specifically because of Ben’s reputation of not really being tough enough (per Danny Green’s quote). Pop would eat him alive and drama will ensue.
    This, plus the perception that he isn't willing to put in the work and only surrounds himself with people/trainers who will coddle him.

Pretty much the opposite of a "Pop player", and definitely not the type of dude you want leading your team.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, plus the perception that he isn't willing to put in the work and only surrounds himself with people/trainers who will coddle him.

Pretty much the opposite of a "Pop player", and definitely not the type of dude you want leading your team.

In classic Spurs misdirection, perhaps they are, for some reason, allowing everyone to think we are considering to trade White and DJM for Simmons, when instead they are targeting someone else? Also unlikely, but perhaps more likely than all these weird leaks going around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe it's a classic Spurs misdirection to ensure we can lock up Patty again and make a run at stealing Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will not do a Simmons trade without an OK from both Patty and former Spurs assistant and Sixers head coach Bret Brown. If either of them think he’s too much of a baby or too much trouble, it won’t happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs may say no to simmons, but kicking the the tires on a three team trade is smart. The market for the spurs players is tepid, but as a minor trade partner that matters less

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DDR to Lakers for Kuzma and KCP is intriguing, especially if Spurs can manage to get Collins on a max and bring back Mills and Dieng. I don't foresee KCP as a long term piece for the Spurs as he'll naturally eat into Vassell and Walkers minutes. But that's a pretty deep team.
    I'm not sure if they have enough caproom to sign Collins to a max sheet and still sign and trade DeRozan for Kuzma and KCP. Those 2 combined are $26 million, and that would only leave them with 18-22 million in space, not really enough for Collins. And that's without the Lakers including their first round pick. Mills and Dieng would have to be renounced also.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if they have enough caproom to sign Collins to a max sheet and still sign and trade DeRozan for Kuzma and KCP. Those 2 combined are $26 million, and that would only leave them with 18-22 million in space, not really enough for Collins. And that's without the Lakers including their first round pick. Mills and Dieng would have to be renounced also.
    Chinook - is it even possible to do a S&T for DD to LA and still sign Collins to a max?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have 60 mil in cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only possibility I could see is something like this . . .

To Cavaliers: Murray, Milton . . . signed, affordable, better fitting young starter, young rotational guard and rid themselves of unwanted contract.

To 76ers: DeRozan (sign and trade), White, Spurs top 5 protected '22 1st . . . prime, go-to shot creator, malleable jack of all trades type and potential valuable young asset.

To Spurs: Simmons, Sexton, Osman . . . young foundational players and take on a salary dump.

Johnson/Samanic
    Vassell/Osman/Jeffries?
    Poeltl/Dieng?/Eubanks
    Sexton/Walker IV
    Simmons/Mills?/Jones

12th pick, 41st pick?
    I gotta admit, that's a pretty interesting lineup...I wouldn't want to pay Sexton what he's seeking but from a basketball perspective it would make me want to watch if I were a casual fan out there...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have 60 mil in cap space.
    How is it that much? I'm using sportrac numbers and rounding

Projected cap at 112.4

White 15.2
    Murray 15.4
    Poeltl 8.8
    Vassell 4.2
    Walker 4.5
    #12 3.9
    Samanic 3.0
    Keldon 2.1
    Eubanks 1.8
    Tre 1.5
    Roster charge 0.9
    Roster charge 0.9
    Carroll's dead cap 1.2

That's a total of 63.4, not including the room exception which sportrac wants to include for some reason, leaving about 49 million in space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it that much? I'm using sportrac numbers and rounding

Projected cap at 112.4

White 15.2
    Murray 15.4
    Poeltl 8.8
    Vassell 4.2
    Walker 4.5
    #12 3.9
    Samanic 3.0
    Keldon 2.1
    Eubanks 1.8
    Tre 1.5
    Roster charge 0.9
    Roster charge 0.9
    Carroll's dead cap 1.2

That's a total of 63.4, not including the room exception which sportrac wants to include for some reason, leaving about 49 million in space.

Found this online-
    Assuming the Spurs don’t make a trade, they guarantee Eubanks salary, they end up making the 12th pick in the draft, and they renounce the rights of all their free agents, the Spurs will have a total of $61,935,224 in guaranteed salary heading into free agency. With a projected salary cap of $112 million for the 2021-2022 season, that would give the Spurs roughly $47 million of cap space to work with to fill out the rest of the roster ($50 million minus roughly $3 million for the three incomplete roster charges they would incur for only have 10 players signed). They would also have access to the room exception worth around $5 million.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this online-
    Assuming the Spurs don’t make a trade, they guarantee Eubanks salary, they end up making the 12th pick in the draft, and they renounce the rights of all their free agents, the Spurs will have a total of $61,935,224 in guaranteed salary heading into free agency. With a projected salary cap of $112 million for the 2021-2022 season, that would give the Spurs roughly $47 million of cap space to work with to fill out the rest of the roster ($50 million minus roughly $3 million for the three incomplete roster charges they would incur for only have 10 players signed). They would also have access to the room exception worth around $5 million.
    Right.

I suppose acquiring Kuzma and KCP would offset the roster charges, but that still would leave them with about 23? Million for Collins to start and Mills or Dieng would be stuck with the room exception or minimum.

What is Collins' max start number? 28?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More on Collins: the locked on Hawks podcast host, who's pretty sharp, doesn't think the owner statements meant that they wouldn't match Collins.

The full context was more about the future and being unable to keep everyone over the years, but they wouldn't have any tax concerns for at least a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Ben Simmons, would the Sixers accept an S&T for DeRozan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More on Collins: the locked on Hawks podcast host, who's pretty sharp, doesn't think the owner statements meant that they wouldn't match Collins.

The full context was more about the future and being unable to keep everyone over the years, but they wouldn't have any tax concerns for at least a year

This is what I first thought when the article released. People got way too excited too fast.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta admit, that's a pretty interesting lineup...I wouldn't want to pay Sexton what he's seeking but from a basketball perspective it would make me want to watch if I were a casual fan out there...
    I'm not a Simmons or Sexton fan, but there's zero indication that building a championship contender is the ultimate goal here anyway, so their flaws and salary in relation to that are virtually irrelevant.

The team would have higher upside (I like the 1-4 versatility defensively among the starters) and as you alluded to, they'd actually have something to sell to the fanbase, especially casuals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a Simmons or Sexton fan, but there's zero indication that building a championship contender is the ultimate goal here anyway, so their flaws and salary in relation to that are virtually irrelevant.

The team would have higher upside (I like the 1-4 versatility defensively among the starters) and as you alluded to, they'd actually have something to sell to the fanbase, especially casuals.
    I agree with that too... I'm not a fan of either really and personally, I'd rather go in another direction but, you make good points here..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

YEA HAWKS ARENT LETTING JC WALK FOR NOTHING. Spurs would have to get creative with numbers or make a s&t. Luka and lonnie def wont cut it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I first thought when the article released. People got way too excited too fast.
    True. No way the Hawks let Collin go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook - is it even possible to do a S&T for DD to LA and still sign Collins to a max?
    Yes. The longer answer is it would depend on what they took back from LAL and if they intend to keep guys like Gay and Mills on Bird contracts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YEA HAWKS ARENT LETTING JC WALK FOR NOTHING. Spurs would have to get creative with numbers or make a s&t. Luka and lonnie def wont cut it
    Ok, then I’m happy to wait and make an offer on Hunter once they’ve maxed Trae, Collins, and are paying salaries to Bobdonovic and Hueter. I honestly think Collins is their least important young player going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, then I’m happy to wait and make an offer on Hunter once they’ve maxed Trae, Collins, and are paying salaries to Bobdonovic and Hueter. I honestly think Collins is their least important young player going forward.

Im down with that. Hunter eventually or collins would be fine by me.Hopefully spurs can maintain some cap flexibilty if they miss on their targets going forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Ben Simmons, would the Sixers accept an S&T for DeRozan?
    I want no part of his contract, especially since he is afraid to shoot. He has had the Yips his entire career. that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want no part of his contract, especially since he is afraid to shoot. He has had the Yips his entire career. that.
    But we are not even playoff. We just need to get back to playoff. His non shooting woes usually appear during playoff when you play same opponent again and again and they push you to be as uncomfortable as you can

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this online-
    Some reason I thought the cap space was 120mil

Thread Information