Page 319 of 491 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what pussy ass DePression is thinking right now

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KAwhi is a ing , but that ass is Kobe Bryant level reincarnated
    Nephew is way better than Kobe Bryant, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's taking it better than we are.

Half the posters here sound like they're about to wander down to the Jack in the Box parking lot and sit there all night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's taking it better than we are.

Half the posters here sound like they're about to wander down to the Jack in the Box parking lot and sit there all night.
    First gotta pick up the order of tacos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely hyperbole from an article but can't find the source yet.

Stories about Leonard’s Herculean strength have long been whispered about around the league. There’s a machine in the San Antonio Spurs’ weight room that staffers referred to as “The Yo-Yo.” An athlete stands on a metal platform and straps into a harness around the midsection, which is attached by a thick wire that connects the harness to a steel wheel underneath the base. The athlete then performs a squat, anchored by the steel wheel that pulls the athlete down, making it more difficult to stand upright from a deep squat. (Hence, “The Yo-Yo.”)

For most pro athletes, this is a grueling exercise, like a super squat. But after several repe ions on “The Yo-Yo,” it was clear that this wasn’t a challenge for Leonard. Under close observation of strength coaches and teammates, Leonard took it to another level. The trainers added a steel plate that would create a downward force of two times Leonard’s body weight, which at the time was around 250 pounds.
    Leonard kept going, with relative ease. Then suddenly, Leonard stopped. The room turned silent as Leonard looked down at his feet. He cracked the metal platform. He literally broke the machine. Said one Spurs staffer who witnessed it that day: “Too strong for it.”

Leonard has used his massive wingspan to help grab the 2014 Finals MVP and two NBA Defensive Player of the Year awards. But it’s that enormous frame that Matt Herring, who was the Spurs’ strength and conditioning coach for three seasons beginning in Leonard’s rookie year, remembers being excited, but also concerned about.
    “One of the things we could just tell, if we weren’t cognizant of his training style, he could have gotten really big and muscular,” Herring said. “He came in with these great broad shoulders. I don’t know about a LeBron James size, but we were like, man, with Kawhi, you could just tell as a young kid he had the genetic makeup and the potential that, if we trained him a certain way, he could be looking like a linebacker, this big body.”

Another Spurs staffer recalls Leonard once coming into training camp at a monstrous 265 pounds. He shed 20 pounds in three weeks of training camp as they wanted him to be more of an explosive wing than a power forward. Nowadays, Leonard is everything the Raptors need him to be.
    “We wanted him stealthy, not stocky,” Herring said of Leonard in San Antonio. “The kid worked incredibly hard, no questions asked. Always willing to do whatever you wanted him to do. If we weren’t careful, he could blow up and become a football player.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...rriors-dynasty

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    he’s booking a flight to TOR to celebrate the raps winning game 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the finals is over it's time to move on from this saga. Spurs are not the first organization to lose a player of #2's caliber and it won't be the last. They just joined OKC,Cleveland,Orlando,Milwaukee.
    I thought you were referring to Dwight Howard for a second.

Them remembered Shaq.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you were referring to Dwight Howard for a second.

Them remembered Shaq.
    Haha I wish #2 was of Dwight's caliber. OKC-Durant,Cleveland-Lebron,Orlando-Shaq,Milwaukee-Jabbar and maybe Giannis in a few years. I think it's a uphill battle to keep these types of players. Spurs had a winning team and enough talent to win a le but #2 still didn't want to be in SA mainly due to lack of branding opportunities.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha I wish #2 was of Dwight's caliber. OKC-Durant,Cleveland-Lebron,Orlando-Shaq,Milwaukee-Jabbar and maybe Giannis in a few years. I think it's a uphill battle to keep these types of players. Spurs had a winning team and enough talent to win a le but #2 still didn't want to be in SA mainly due to lack of branding opportunities.
    Pretty much gotta cross your fingers and pray you hit on the next Dirk-level non-American if you want to retain a transcendent-level player. Mavs may have the next one in Luka, but even he comes across as a diva to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much gotta cross your fingers and pray you hit on the next Dirk-level non-American if you want to retain a transcendent-level player.
    It's why I believe Cuban was so obsessed with having both Doncic and Porzingis. He knows if it pans out with those guys and they become superstars that he has them for the next 10-15 years without having to deal with any drama .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a link to the timeline of events or a well written report of the kawhi situation in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the finals is over it's time to move on from this saga. Spurs are not the first organization to lose a player of #2's caliber and it won't be the last. They just joined OKC,Cleveland,Orlando,Milwaukee.
    So how do you imagine this working, do we submit topics for your approval?
    LOL, thought police

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how do you imagine this working, do we submit topics for your approval?
    LOL, thought police
    So are you never going to get over #2 not being a Spurs? Are you going to obsess about him the next 4-5 years of his prime? I can understand all the mourning that occurs in here about his departure for this year but whining about it after this season is pathetic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Tony Parker going to get a ring from the Raptors for running Kawhi out of SA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a link to the timeline of events or a well written report of the kawhi situation in SA.
    There's this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pou...-antonio-spurs

I wouldn't call it complete, but it hits the high points. Or low points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Riddle me this. If Durant, and perhaps Thompson, leave the Warriors, what will the Warriors have available to offer Kawhi, to play alongside Curry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patfo should get a ring too, they made this happen tbh.
    Not a ring. PATFO should get a Participation Trophy like they give to participants who have special needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asterisks les >>> Culture participation trophies we've been throwing out lately

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “He’s always been that guy who you can look at when something goes bad. He just has that calm demeanor. It gives you that peace, knowing that everything is going to be OK. And I feel like that every time I’m on the floor with him.”

Pascal " y P" Siakam

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The one thing Kawhi really stressed to us was just to enjoy it. Don’t get too out of character, just enjoy the moment and continue to go out there and just lay it on the floor. So it was an amazing feeling just to be able to battle and chip away at it.”

Norman Powell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “He’s always been that guy who you can look at when something goes bad. He just has that calm demeanor. It gives you that peace, knowing that everything is going to be OK. And I feel like that every time I’m on the floor with him.”

Pascal " y P" Siakam

“The one thing Kawhi really stressed to us was just to enjoy it. Don’t get too out of character, just enjoy the moment and continue to go out there and just lay it on the floor. So it was an amazing feeling just to be able to battle and chip away at it.”

Norman Powell
    The guy sounds like an asshole, what a prick. Glad he's gone.

What pearls of wisdom are LMA and DeMar passing when our team is getting bounced in the first round once again? At least we have spiritual and team leader Patty "Wombat" Mills serving the Starbucks coffee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE HERD WITH COLIN COWHERD
    Steve Fisher Says He's Tired of People Saying Kawhi Leonard is Not a Leader
    posted by Wil Leitner - Jun 6, 2019

"Others saying he’s not a leader has always bothered me. I watched him with us at San Diego State and his greatest leadership qualities were leading by example. He never takes a play off in practice, and he also is someone that when you mess up as a teammate and do something wrong he’ll never give an outward display of displeasure. He ALWAYS has your back and players appreciate that. I’ve seen him in the locker room go over and put an arm around a guy and whisper something in his ear. Those kinds of qualities no one sees.” -- Steve Fisher, Kawhi Leonard's head coach at San Diego State.
    Listen to former NCAA Tournament National Champion head coach Steve Fisher join The Herd to talk about his experience coaching superstar Toronto Raptors forward Kawhi Leonard while he was a standout player at San Diego State from 2010-2012.

Fisher is most remembered for his time at Michigan on their National Championship team in 1989 and even more so for his role as the head coach of the Fab Five team in the early 90’s. Fisher would later resurrect his career with the San Diego State Aztecs from 1999-2017.

Check out the audio below as Fisher details the two years Kawhi spent with the program, as the Kawhi led-2011 team went 34-3 and got to the Sweet Sixteen as the greatest team in San Diego State history. Fisher tells Colin why he’s tired of people saying Kawhi is not a great leader and explains why Leonard is an exceptional leader by example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Others saying he’s not a leader has always bothered me. I watched him with us at San Diego State and his greatest leadership qualities were leading by example. He never takes a play off in practice, and he also is someone that when you mess up as a teammate and do something wrong he’ll never give an outward display of displeasure. He ALWAYS has your back and players appreciate that. I’ve seen him in the locker room go over and put an arm around a guy and whisper something in his ear. Those kinds of qualities no one sees.” -- Steve Fisher, Kawhi Leonard's head coach at San Diego State.
    Listen to former NCAA Tournament National Champion head coach Steve Fisher join The Herd to talk about his experience coaching superstar Toronto Raptors forward Kawhi Leonard while he was a standout player at San Diego State from 2010-2012.

Fisher is most remembered for his time at Michigan on their National Championship team in 1989 and even more so for his role as the head coach of the Fab Five team in the early 90’s. Fisher would later resurrect his career with the San Diego State Aztecs from 1999-2017.

Check out the audio below as Fisher details the two years Kawhi spent with the program, as the Kawhi led-2011 team went 34-3 and got to the Sweet Sixteen as the greatest team in San Diego State history. Fisher tells Colin why he’s tired of people saying Kawhi is not a great leader and explains why Leonard is an exceptional leader by example.
    If he doesn’t take pay cut then he’s not a real leader.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfN7HT3Uwn0&t=194s

Steve Fisher on Kawhi's leadership
    Last edited by khantot; 06-08-2019 at 04:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really ed up for Pop to say Kawhi wasn't a leader when he's the type to lead by example. I guess the difference with Duncan was that he was willing to take that paycut and just shut up and do whatever Pop demanded.

Thread Information