My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like “ ass ” is just trash talk, “ ass white boy” is the same thing.

Inb4 some insecure willfully ignorant conservative claims a white guy saying “black boy” has the same connotation when it’s reversed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there was a clip of seth curry calling somebody on the clippers* a ass after a play the other day and no apology was issued

luka being a snowflake
    Last edited by 313; 08-26-2020 at 12:12 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This entire sport is cancerous

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic didn't say anything about it. It was the media that made this into a thing. Doncic heard 100X worse stuff in Europe.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    most people understood it wasnt a racial slur

the real issue is that if you are wearing "equality" on your uniform and fighting against prejudice and racial activities of others, you probably should be more careful not to publicly say things like that

plus while it wasnt offensive to most, it made very clear that theres a double standard that should be addressed

luka being a snowflake
    luka never once complained. in fact he said there was no need for an apology, and was surprised that it was even an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the real issue is that if you are wearing "equality" on your uniform and fighting against prejudice and racial activities of others, you probably should be more careful not to publicly say things like that

plus while it wasnt offensive to most, it made very clear that theres a double standard that should be addressed

luka never once complained. in fact he said there was no need for an apology, and was surprised that it was even an issue.
    The issue that needs to be discussed is those that live on the more privileged end of the equality spectrum continue to police how those on the less privileged end of the spectrum should pursue equality, rather than just focus on their demographic and what they can contribute to the end goal.

The path to equality isn’t going to look the same for everyone, because we’re not all operating on the same playing field. Both sides will get away things that the other side can’t, but those differences shouldn’t halt progress, as it does so often.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The issue that needs to be discussed is those that live on the more privileged end of the equality spectrum continue to police how those on the less privileged end of the spectrum should pursue equality, rather than just focus on their demographic and what they can contribute to the end goal.

The path to equality isn’t going to look the same for everyone, because we’re not all operating on the same playing field. Both sides will get away things that the other side can’t, but those differences shouldn’t halt progress, as it does so often.
    tbh in this particular instance, from what i saw, it seemed like black people were more upset about what montrezl did than white people, mainly because it appears counterproductive to the goal of equality

and in terms of your "black boy" vs "white boy" comment, the issue isnt about what is more or less offensive of a thing to say. the issue most people have is, why bring race into it at all? you can trash talk without commenting on race.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

NBA players are on the far end of this equality spectrum

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Whites aren’t offended or otherwise concerned with the opinions of mud people. I have a higher opinion of my neighbor’s dog . At least it fertilizes the grass.

Chimpout

>you are here

Crawling on hands and knees begging for whiteys forgiveness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its racist.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    FrostKing with the goods

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

luka never once complained. in fact he said there was no need for an apology and was surprised that it was even an issue.
    Luka like most was offended more by the -ass than the whiteboy comment ...but it is a double standard. You can say we are cool with it as a society still is.
    Just like a women can slap a man with no repercussions but If I slap one it's an assault ...
    Society runs on double standards race, Sex age etc.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just like Darko Milicic wanted to the refs' mom in the italian after the serbian national team lost in the euro league that one time

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This has probably been mentioned once or twice, but needs to be said again. Luka's maturity in all of this has been incredible. He is 21 years old, in a new country, he barely understands the social and political dynamics, and yet he couldn't have cared less, he took the high ground, approached Harrel .... and then went out and whopped the Clippers.

Absolutely the best possible approach he could have chosen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has probably been mentioned once or twice, but needs to be said again. Luka's maturity in all of this has been incredible. He is 21 years old, in a new country, he barely understands the social and political dynamics, and yet he couldn't have cared less, he took the high ground, approached Harrel .... and then went out and whopped the Clippers.

Couldn't have cared less?
    Took the high road?

Is that why he ed in an interview that Morris was telling him mean things?

Also, people are quick to forget his James Hardenesque flopping during a good part of the season

Look, I like Luka but let's not pretend he is flawlwss

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Love him, but he's been playing pro ball since he was like 6 That explains the advanced maturity.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am dumb
    Agreed

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a white player called a black player a dumb ass negro would that be racist?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Couldn't have cared less?
    Took the high road?

Is that why he ed in an interview that Morris was telling him mean things?

Also, people are quick to forget his James Hardenesque flopping during a good part of the season

Look, I like Luka but let's not pretend he is flawlwss
    You are referring to a completely other case, the one with Morris stamping on him, while I was talking about the confrontation with Montrez. The latter one, in the current climate, could have easily exploded into a much bigger thing.

And he didn't say anything inappropriate about Morris either. He was asked after it, and he said he had no reason to try to talk to him. What more do yo want?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are referring to a completely other case, the one with Morris stamping on him, while I was talking about the confrontation with Montrez. The latter one, in the current climate, could have easily exploded into a much bigger thing.

And he didn't say anything inappropriate about Morris either. He was asked after it, and he said he had no reason to try to talk to him. What more do yo want?!
    I want perfection dammit!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NWO needs to word police / NBA ratings must suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA players are on the far end of this equality spectrum
    NBA players earned their wealth and status, unlike most of these critical privileged white types.

Also, ask Thabo Sefolosha how being an NBA player helped him with his encounter with the cops.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    NBA players earned their wealth and status, unlike most of these critical privileged white types.

Also, ask Thabo Sefolosha how being an NBA player helped him with his encounter with the cops.
    And Arab, Asian, Hispanic or Jew wealth is different?

Whites are the black communities biggest ally
    Last edited by FrostKing; 08-29-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Thread Information