My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Whichever team attains DC isn't going for LMA
    76ers would be my guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's simultaneously astounding and unsurprising to me that a team on the verge of losing a supposed star for nothing but cap space, with an imbalanced roster, gaping hole at the four and what should be a clear path to a trade for either Collins+ or Gordon+, is somehow not being mentioned in the sweepstakes for either.

Spare me the "CIA Pop" routine. There's nothing secretive about this predictable, stale organization.

It was either Lowe or Goldsberry who said this week that they don't even make calls and sometimes don't return them either. Flat out negligence in one of the 3 areas of team building, when they're already limited in another due to market and organizational ethos and have artificially limited themselves in the other due to a refusal to do a full scale rebuild.
    The reason they are not being mentioned in trade talks for Gordon or Collins is that even IF they were interested, they really don't have the goods to reasonably do it.
    Personally, I think both of these players highly coveted by many on this board are high risk. Gordon is in year 7 and still more promise than reality. Collins is bit more intriguing, but having seen him a lot I'm on the fence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics loose again to the Kings I wonder how many more losses they going to have before Ainge calls us with a trade package?
    I'm wondering when Ainge is going to blow it up and trade away one of their 'stars'.... Tatum is probably untouchable or should be.... I think he'll consider anyone else...though it probably won't be until the draft..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics players have lost more days to Covid than any other team this season, I think. It's too strange a season for Ainge to overreact. He'll keep this team together through at least next trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Gordon doesn’t do for this team over the course of the next 2 years aside from take minutes away from Keldon and Luka

stop it. Get some help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With how much Keldon is useful around the basket, we need a four who shoots with the best of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With how much Keldon is useful around the basket, we need a four who shoots with the best of them.
    That would be an argument for Lauri...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you are getting an NBA 2nd team level player, you gotta keep Big Body. He is young and raw, but could be a cornerstone in 2-3 years. Much rather trade DJ or White (preferable) to get a great player back. Especially if we got a good shot at re-signing DDR. I more see White as a DDR role replacement with his play making and vision. I don’t see the need to have both on the team when we need help in other areas.

I sure they wouldn’t give him up for Gordon, Buddy Hield, Lauri. Maybe Vucevic in a package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be an argument for Lauri...
    a free agent that doesn’t require moving a piece of the young core before they have a chance to play out their rookie deal?

Hes a better fit already.

aaron gordon has become the most overrated, over coveted player in basketball by virtue of the fact Orlando has dangled him every year for what feels like a decade and always just hangs on to him. An ok defender with good moments one on one who is heralded as a “stopper”- an average at best outside shooter and ball handler who plays out of position at the 3 and thinks he is a playmaker.

it’s insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you are getting an NBA 2nd team level player, you gotta keep Big Body. He is young and raw, but could be a cornerstone in 2-3 years. Much rather trade DJ or White (preferable) to get a great player back. Especially if we got a good shot at re-signing DDR. I more see White as a DDR role replacement with his play making and vision. I don’t see the need to have both on the team when we need help in other areas.

I sure they wouldn’t give him up for Gordon, Buddy Hield, Lauri. Maybe Vucevic in a package.
    Huh? I meant to play with Keldon, not to replace him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? I meant to play with Keldon, not to replace him.
    Okay, sorry for misreading. Keldon is probably the only untouchable for me on the team. A lot of potential there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics players have lost more days to Covid than any other team this season, I think. It's too strange a season for Ainge to overreact. He'll keep this team together through at least next trade deadline.
    You sound like a Celtics fan with all the excuses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a free agent that doesn’t require moving a piece of the young core before they have a chance to play out their rookie deal?

Hes a better fit already.

aaron gordon has become the most overrated, over coveted player in basketball by virtue of the fact Orlando has dangled him every year for what feels like a decade and always just hangs on to him. An ok defender with good moments one on one who is heralded as a “stopper”- an average at best outside shooter and ball handler who plays out of position at the 3 and thinks he is a playmaker.

it’s insane.
    Lauri would be someone I'd like to get because he can play backup 5 as well as the 4... if I couldn't get him, or if his contract demands were to much, I'm good with trading for Gordon myself. I think he's improved and reasonably priced next year so we can keep him if he fits or trade him next season.... I think something like this is possible if we want him

https://tradenba.com/trades/AE3FeeEGe

NY doesn't value Knox so he could be the young player for the magic along with our draft compensation.... NY upgrades for their playoff push and Thibs likes veterans....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's simultaneously astounding and unsurprising to me that a team on the verge of losing a supposed star for nothing but cap space, with an imbalanced roster, gaping hole at the four and what should be a clear path to a trade for either Collins+ or Gordon+, is somehow not being mentioned in the sweepstakes for either.

Spare me the "CIA Pop" routine. There's nothing secretive about this predictable, stale organization.

It was either Lowe or Goldsberry who said this week that they don't even make calls and sometimes don't return them either. Flat out negligence in one of the 3 areas of team building, when they're already limited in another due to market and organizational ethos and have artificially limited themselves in the other due to a refusal to do a full scale rebuild.
    Beautiful, overall layout, but either, once again, you overdid your endless senseless, posts, or you need to work on that combover "Captain obvious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A question that bothers me regardless of any trade scenario, is can any of these of these players acquired by the Spurs at the trade deadline actually elevate their play and make their team better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A question that bothers me regardless of any trade scenario, is can any of these of these players acquired by the Spurs at the trade deadline actually elevate their play and make their team better?
    A question that flies over the head of most fans. Otto Porter! Harrison Barnes! Aaron Gordon!

Not a single one of which has lead to victories. , Barnes... such an important piece to the championship-era Warriors... they got rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A question that flies over the head of most fans. Otto Porter! Harrison Barnes! Aaron Gordon!

Not a single one of which has lead to victories. , Barnes... such an important piece to the championship-era Warriors... they got rid of him.
    Otto Porter Jr. Now that's a player I would like to have. A Porter for Aldridge trade works straight up, I would love for PATFO to inquire about what would it need to be added to make a trade centered around those two possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Otto Porter Jr. Now that's a player I would like to have. A Porter for Aldridge trade works straight up, I would love for PATFO to inquire about what would it need to be added to make a trade centered around those two possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They did sign this guy called Kevin Durant. He was pretty good, worked out ok for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did sign this guy called Kevin Durant. He was pretty good, worked out ok for them.
    yes, but let's say this is just an irrelevant detail that need not be mentioned here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d do Gay, Walker IV and a future 1st for Gordon and Bamba. Much cheaper alternative to paying John Collins max money and lots of upside still with both of those guys.
    I like that trade. Not sure if Orlando would do it...they might though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: 'Close to Inevitable' Raptors Trade Norman Powell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: 'Close to Inevitable' Raptors Trade Norman Powell
    Can't wait for the flurry of trades to start happening. Feels like we're in the eye of the storm.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d do Gay, Walker IV and a future 1st for Gordon and Bamba. Much cheaper alternative to paying John Collins max money and lots of upside still with both of those guys.
    If possible, this would really help balance the team. Bamba as the back up 5 would be a huge upgrade as well.

Thread Information