Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just throwing at the wall here, but....what if Dejounte wanted out?

What if he requested a trade, but did it professionally instead of being like Nephew and blasting it out all over Twitter and through the media?

He's been a good soldier all along...but maybe SA wasn't his dream destination.
    if thats the case well never really know so its moot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch them Sign Colin Sexton lol
    The Spurs could probably sign Sexton and be right back in the play-in next season.... The same place they were with Murray.

Yet, you'd think we just traded Michael Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch them Sign Colin Sexton lol
    The Spurs could probably sign Sexton and be right back in the play-in next season.... The same place they were with Murray.

Yet, you'd think we just traded Michael Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What if he requested a trade, but did it professionally instead of being like Nephew and blasting it out all over Twitter and through the media?

Wouldn't surprise me quite frankly given he saw White go to another yeamand almost ring. He knows we're a long, long ways off from that here...at least on the course we were on. I'd actually be willing to be he told PATFO he was OK with being traded to certain destinations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strength in numbers! Draft picks that is. Keep trying and just repeat until you get a duncan or kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Either that or Spurs viewed him as a stat padder and sold before people realized this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright became Brian Wrong all over again. Sucks when you're in summer league and all you have to look forward to is tanking. Spoiler alert -- even if we're the worst team next season, there is no guarantee we get the first pick and draft Wemba banana. Such a bad move. Gallo is just waiting to get waived so he can join another team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta DESTROYED the Spurs with this trade.

And... we realize that pick swap is , right? It literally means the Spurs have to be better than the Hawks for it to confer.

Who really thinks THAT will happen? Especially following this policy of dumping anyone who will cost money years before their extensions are due?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs fans and their science fiction stories are hilarious. TimVP already reported about him not asking for a trade. Stop making up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine Atlanta in the last week?

San Antonio calls them up, says, For a few of your crappy 20s range picks, we'll give you our best player, an All-Star on a great contract. You don't have to give us anything else."

They must be jacking each other off right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are going to get a great player in next year's draft.

They should land a top 5 pick or better next year.
    JFC if they don't tank next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were bottom-5 in attendance last season. I imagine we’ll be bottom-3 the next couple years, even with cheaper tickets now. This is gonna be rough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since when do 2 picks and 1 swap equal to 3 picks? Can you pick 3 players in 3 drafts with those 2 picks?
    Huh?

It's 3 unprotected picks. End of story.

I'm not going into what kind of picks they will end up being.
    No one knows. But, those who say they know - they definetly don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just doesn’t make sense. You pick a player with potential and when he finally reaches that potential you ship him off for more projects YEARS from now. How does that not continue a cycle? You lose an all star player NOW, for potential years from now. I could see if it was for three first round picks next year but several years from now with none being in the lottery? Just plain stupid.
    The cycle stops when we finally get a MVP caliber player. Fringe all-stars are not gonna lead us back into contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine Atlanta in the last week?

San Antonio calls them up, says, For a few of your crappy 20s range picks, we'll give you our best player, an All-Star on a great contract. You don't have to give us anything else."

They must be jacking each other off right now.
    No no no, we can take Gallinari's trash contract off your hands too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were bottom-5 in attendance last season. I imagine we’ll be bottom-3 the next couple years, even with cheaper tickets now. This is gonna be rough.
    That game at the Alamodome is going to be hilarious next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?

It's 3 unprotected picks. End of story.

I'm not going into what kind of picks they will end up being.
    No one knows. But, those who say they know - they definetly don't.
    No it isn't, the Charlotte pick Atlanta sent has heavy protections on it, something like top 16 protected in 2023, top 14 protected in 2024, top 13 protected in 2025, and then it becomes two seconds in 2026.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we had gotten more BUT, I am very down with the concept of not overpaying mid-level players.

Aldo, this is just me, but I think the Spurs think if they could get near all-star out of Dejounte, they can get near all-star r real all-star out of another young player soon enough.

DJ is not one to carry a team, so I get not paying a ton of money, and I also get sending him to a good spot. But I did want to have gotten at least one for-sure lotto pick out of wherever we sent him. Ah well.

Another thing to note, DJ is a good dude, but that doesn't mean he and Trae gel. DJ also doesn't necessarily guarantee that the Hawks are better or guarantee that they won't be worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens if Charlotte winds up in the lottery next year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team had one more offseason after this one (where there are no FA targets) before Murray and Poeltl were going to take up considerable cap space between the two of them. And as constructed, the team was a play-in team at best with no path to get better.

You have to look at this trade as (1) it likely improves Spurs’ own 2023 pick considerably in a strong draft and (2) preserves cap flexibility. If they strike big with this crop of picks or next year’s, they won’t be up against the cap.

Extending Murray in a year also probably meant at least one of Poeltl, KJ or Vassell being gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They better tank hard for Wembanyama.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just doesn’t make sense. You pick a player with potential and when he finally reaches that potential you ship him off for more projects YEARS from now. How does that not continue a cycle? You lose an all star player NOW, for potential years from now. I could see if it was for three first round picks next year but several years from now with none being in the lottery? Just plain stupid.
    Ban this poster for too much logic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldo, this is just me, but I think the Spurs think if they could get near all-star out of Dejounte, they can get near all-star r real all-star out of another young player soon enough.
    Just like they did with Lonnie Walker, Luka Samanic, Derrick White, and Keldon Johnson!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray isn't that guy. He's not a transcendent talent. Spurs can easily find another fringe all-star. He might already be on the roster.

A bigger haul would've been nice but it's pretty much a copy of the Jrue deal. Probably a little better since ATL never becomes as good as MIL even with Murray. Can we honestly say Murray is worth significantly more than Jrue? I think an argument can be made that he's worth less than Jrue. I don't get the outrage. Mediocrity sucks. Time to embrace the tank.

Thread Information