Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you dont play, you dont get paid. If you are sick/injured, have the other teams doctors evaluate the symptoms..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd that the league vetoed the trade of Chris Paul to L.A. in 2011.
    Dude the NBA literally temporarily owned that team. Trading the league's best young point guard to the team's marquee team would have been a horrible look and I recall multiple teams including the Spurs letting Stern know that in no uncertain terms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, recall what the Logo did in briefly becoming Memphis' GM and trading Pau Gasol to them for ing peanuts. That one still sticks in my craw because it kept the Spurs from probably 2 more rings.

The commissioner most definitely wants talent in LA and Boston, and New York. But they can't be too obvious about it after that nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thing about NY is that Dolan is the tiest owner in the NBA so no matter what the Knicks do, they will always suck. I low key suspect that Silver is mad bc he was hoping that NYC would watch the Nets this year. He wants that NYC viewership. And if both NY teams suck then he loses that chance. He didn’t say about Paul George wanting out of OKC after signing his extension.

Stern literally came out and said that he hoped for a Lakers vs Lakers finals. So people questioning if the league has interest in other teams or favors other teams is pretty dumb. Even Larry Bird made mention of this way back in the 80s when Stern came out and said he hoped the series went 7 and low and behold the refs screwed over Boston and it went 7. If Tim Donagy (whatever his last name was) was caught cheating, I would t be surprised at all if the league as a whole looks away when certain things happen.

Silver is the boss who lets the employees do whatever they want at work. Then he wonders how to fix company problems that arise due to poor leadership. We’ve all had that boss and we have all taken advantage of them one way or another. It’s too late for him to do anything now. The players don’t respect or fear him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude the NBA literally temporarily owned that team. Trading the league's best young point guard to the team's marquee team would have been a horrible look and I recall multiple teams including the Spurs letting Stern know that in no uncertain terms

The Hornets were pretty sure CP3 was leaving in free agency. That's why they wanted to trade him. Compare what they were getting from the Lakers with what they got from the Clippers:

Los Angeles Lakers: PG Chris Paul (from NO Hornets)
    New Orleans Hornets: F Lamar Odom (from LA Lakers), SG Kevin Martin (from HOU Rockets), PF Luis Scola (from HOU Rockets), PG Goran Dragic (from HOU Rockets), future FRP, future SRP
    Houston Rockets: PF Pau Gasol (from LA Lakers)

*. *. *. *
    Clippers: Chris Paul and two future second-round picks
    Hornets: Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu, and the Minnesota Timberwolves' 2012 first-round pick

Was the Clipper deal really better than the Laker deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . I low key suspect that Silver is mad bc he was hoping that NYC would watch the Nets this year. He wants that NYC viewership. And if both NY teams suck then he loses that chance. He didn’t say about Paul George wanting out of OKC after signing his extension.
    He did say something about it at the time, and it was pretty much the same thing he said about Durant's recent request:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...g/60446511007/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did say something about it at the time, and it was pretty much the same thing he said about Durant's recent request:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...g/60446511007/
    nevermind then. The dude is just a talking head then. He literally said the same and said he was going to do something about it and then never did

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not some billionaire-loving lameass but players trying to jump ship any year they don't win a championship is annoying and unsustainable and I hope there are changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd that the league vetoed the trade of Chris Paul to L.A. in 2011.
    Again, optics. The league just had a lockout that was in part about haves and have nots and five seconds later the ultimate have was getting a top 3-5 player for pennies on the dollar from a have not.

The league also "owned" the Pelicans at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO has been oretty good at fking themselves lately just sayin’

Thread Information