Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    England actually sounded optimistic after holding the ball against Italy and producing a 0-0 draw.
    They think they can timidly sneak into the WC finals like they did in the Euros…

I don’t think so. Their fans don’t think so,
    Southgate thinks so it appears. So they try not to lose yet again I guess.

I will also some of the Euro teams look tired and don’t really care about this warmup “tournament”

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Peru is gonna choke the playoff to get into the WC. They are lucky to be in this position, Colombia was a much better team. That Colombia-Peru match was just like Italy-Macedonia. Colombia missed some incredible chances and Peru scored a counter at the end.
    Called it. Colombia would have cruised to a 3-0 victory today, tbh.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Peru

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Who knows how many thousands went to Saudi Arabia to support the team . . . too bad for all the effort to end in one missed penalty kick. But if the team must resort to penalty kicks to qualify, then has no business going to WC.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Matchday 1 Match

Polska vs Mexico

Very even historically. Some streaks: Mexico always makes it out of Group Stage and Polska is 4-0 vs Concacaf in Worlds. Winner gets Argentina.

Polska defeated Mexico 1978 and now faces the Mexians again with GOAT. Tough draw for the Latinas. Call em up.
    Tata Martínez is a horrible coach. The Mexicans are playing without any coherent iden y. Their style is apathetic - and there exists much infighting based on the inconsistent rotations set by the coaching staff. As a result of zero continuity the team looks lackluster. They will struggle to earn a single victory in the upcoming WC tournament - without a major coaching change.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    England actually sounded optimistic after holding the ball against Italy and producing a 0-0 draw.
    They think they can timidly sneak into the WC finals like they did in the Euros…

I don’t think so. Their fans don’t think so,
    Southgate thinks so it appears. So they try not to lose yet again I guess.

I will also some of the Euro teams look tired and don’t really care about this warmup “tournament”
    0-4 Hungary

Playing not to lose chaps!

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Tata Martínez is a horrible coach. The Mexicans are playing without any coherent iden y. Their style is apathetic - and there exists much infighting based on the inconsistent rotations set by the coaching staff. As a result of zero continuity the team looks lackluster. They will struggle to earn a single victory in the upcoming WC tournament - without a major coaching change.
    Hola. Strong breakdown, haven't seen you in a bit. Yes Mexico so much talent in 100M+ population.

History still argues you make it outta group. I'm hitting up all my Latina exces.

This will be fun night regardless of outcome. Na Zdrowie

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    According to Brazilian TV... from top to bottom:
    - Favorites
    - Candidates to win
    - Can surprise
    - Doing tourism

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    According to Brazilian TV... from top to bottom:
    - Favorites
    - Candidates to win
    - Can surprise
    - Doing tourism

I like the list.

Wales are tourists. Even if they go forward in a weak group they are tourists.

I would call the "can surprise" list: shocking surprise.

If you were given the top 4 or the field what would you take?
    (what would your odds for the above be?)

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I like the list.

Wales are tourists. Even if they go forward in a weak group they are tourists.

I would call the "can surprise" list: shocking surprise.

If you were given the top 4 or the field what would you take?
    (what would your odds for the above be?)
    Can't bet against those teams, tbh... though any of them can have a bad day, an injury to a key player, etc.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Can't bet against those teams, tbh... though any of them can have a bad day, an injury to a key player, etc.
    You think France could be dropped and still take the 3 left as better than the field?

(Just like to get a feel for the disparity or lack thereof in this WC. Italy was always a team to be considered and they are totally gone. OOps, two fails in a row for Italy. Its sad imo.)

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    You think France could be dropped and still take the 3 left as better than the field?

(Just like to get a feel for the disparity or lack thereof in this WC. Italy was always a team to be considered and they are totally gone. OOps, two fails in a row for Italy. Its sad imo.)
    Let's put it the other way, if any of those teams have a good day, they're incredibly hard to beat...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Argentina is one of the favorites?

I men, I wish them the best, but I don't think so

But a lot of thing can change until the WC starts tbh

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Argentina is the clear favorite based on recent regional performance (France was bounced in R16 to Swiss).

France okay. Germany and Brazil are reputation picks for "Favorites" status.

On the flip side I really like the 2nd Tier European teams like England, Belgium, and Spain.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Argentina is the clear favorite based on recent regional performance (France was bounced in R16 to Swiss).

On the flip side I really like the 2nd Tier European teams like England, Belgium, and Spain.
    Leave England out. They have the players, they are just a horrid TEAM with a timid coach. They play scared. If that changes...slight consideration.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    All build up for World Cup. The Europeans are getting nervous.

My Team
    France
    Post Count

France has too many question marks right now to be considered favorite imho. For one, the team heavily depend on Pogba and his health is questionable.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    France has too many question marks right now to be considered favorite imho. For one, the team heavily depend on Pogba and his health is questionable.
    I think they will be fine
    I don't give a about the UEFA Nations League performances, Deschamps was experimenting imo; besides th WC is in November and Pogba will have a few games with Juventus under his belt until then.

I know people bring up the defdending WC Champion curse (no repeat, bounced in the group stage) but the defeat vs Switzerland is the best thing that could happen to France, it's a good kick in the butt.
    I think France can repeat

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Argentina has their best squad since 2014, but man is that bracket brutal.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I think they will be fine
    I don't give a about the UEFA Nations League performances, Deschamps was experimenting imo; besides th WC is in November and Pogba will have a few games with Juventus under his belt until then.

I know people bring up the defdending WC Champion curse (no repeat, bounced in the group stage) but the defeat vs Switzerland is the best thing that could happen to France, it's a good kick in the butt.
    I think France can repeat
    I'm all for that tbh..

I'm not concerned by Nation Leagues games, Deschamps used that as friendlies and tried to experiment stuff indeed. Issue here is that experiments have not been very good, he has tried several options in the midfield to get a B plan ready in case Kante and/or Pogba are not well without success. Grizou is not the playmaker he once was, age is showing which makes France even more dependent on Pogba playmaking in particular to launch Mbappe rocket by his passing. Defense is meh at best (Pavard is unplayable, Varane is old...). France will probably play in a 3 5 2 and asks Coman to defend on the right side but historically France does not handle very well that organization. Attack is just wow... kilian, benz, coman, dembele, Nkunku.. and having Benzema commanding the pressing is gonna be huge for this team but I don't know if it is gonna be enough.

we will see, it is gonna to be an exciting world cup

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Argentina has their best squad since 2014, but man is that bracket brutal.
    Argentina is on the rise for sure.. maybe peaking too early ? they surely deserve to be considered among the favorites

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I'm all for that tbh..

I'm not concerned by Nation Leagues games, Deschamps used that as friendlies and tried to experiment stuff indeed. Issue here is that experiments have not been very good, he has tried several options in the midfield to get a B plan ready in case Kante and/or Pogba are not well without success. Grizou is not the playmaker he once was, age is showing which makes France even more dependent on Pogba playmaking in particular to launch Mbappe rocket by his passing. Defense is meh at best (Pavard is unplayable, Varane is old...). France will probably play in a 3 5 2 and asks Coman to defend on the right side but historically France does not handle very well that organization. Attack is just wow... kilian, benz, coman, dembele, Nkunku.. and having Benzema commanding the pressing is gonna be huge for this team but I don't know if it is gonna be enough.

we will see, it is gonna to be an exciting world cup
    Pavard is e, not sure how he ended up in Bayern, probably just because he scored a nice goal in the WC, every French supporter I know hates him

Varane has been terrible since his last season with Real

So yeah, valid question marks about the defensive sector; Kounde is good but he may not be enough

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Argentina is on the rise for sure.. maybe peaking too early ? they surely deserve to be considered among the favorites
    I just hope Otamendi doesn't them when it counts Can't believe he still starts for them, but it has been working lately.

How do you feel about Canada? I think they can surprise people in their group!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

How do you feel about Canada? I think they can surprise people in their group!

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Pavard is e, not sure how he ended up in Bayern, probably just because he scored a nice goal in the WC, every French supporter I know hates him

Varane has been terrible since his last season with Real

So yeah, valid question marks about the defensive sector; Kounde is good but he may not be enough
    +1

Thread Information