Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 438389909192939495 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2371
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Just woke up. Great trade deadline by the Spurs as per usual. .
    would've been better if they actually didn't do anything like usual

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I wasted another evening of my life waiting for the Spurs to do anything at the deadline...

Annual tradition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp this is the last time I create a NBA Trade Deadline thread...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams 5-8 in the West, all but one made a trade...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think we're in desperate need for a new direction as a franchise that has won 5 NBA Championships with 1 happening just 7 years ago. The fact of the matter is that one player single-handedly (well, with his uncle's influence) detonated this franchise and they've been slowly trying to pick up the pieces since then. With DeRozan, it's not a well-constructed team but we had to make due with him under the cir stances caused by that person in question. He's done the best to his abilities but this franchise needs to be lead by a player that is a better fit. I don't believe in the 1 and done playoff appearances as your franchise aspiration for the youth you have on the team. I just don't think that strategy will do the team much good considering the player ceilings might not be enough to be a serious threat for the next several years. When you combine that likely reality with the fact that San Antonio isn't a playing destination for prospective free agents who are increasingly all about the glitter and big markets, we have to rely primarily on drafts and making deals with the future in mind. That we're not doing that right now is very frustrating.
    All of this!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Riley summed up today's league in 2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was writing a TimMVP level article. But it just got messy. I am sure the Spurs main focus in the cap space. They did not want to take on extra salary. Also they could have easily done a Vuc trade with similar pieces in LMA and Poeltl plus 2 firsts. That would mean they were committed to DDR and he was committed to them. If the Spurs were not going to buy, then why not sell. Gay is walking out next season. DDR? If he hinted he is looking elsewhere, you sell him for any asset. If they are not doing either and standing put, then cap space must be there number one priority here. Which means, who are they targeting?

And finally, I see the end of the White/Murray backcourt. If the Spurs get their guy or guys this off season, they are trading one of them for a better fitting piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Patty Mills is going to be a rich man this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol. $50 million with no free agents to sign. What a predicament.

Here's hoping that the Hawks' ownership finds it difficult to match John Collins' max contract. There is a steep fall in quality from Collins in the list of FAs available (restricted or otherwise) after him. What a shame.

Perhaps the cap space could be used to get some Euroleague players as well - Nikola Milutinov?, Anthony Randolph?, Nikola mirotic (unlikely as he is signed till 2025 for a bankrupt Barca).

At worst, the Spurs could just use some of the cap space to extend their own players - Lonnie Walker and hope the space in 2022 allows them to nab a good FA. So, its back to utilising the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the worst offseasons to have a bunch of cap space. Do we have to use it all up? I hope we don’t. Otherwise the FO will overpay a bunch of scrubs and be weighed down by their contracts in the future offseasons

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Patty, DeRozan, and Rudy all signed at 12:01.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the worst offseasons to have a bunch of cap space. Do we have to use it all up? I hope we don’t. Otherwise the FO will overpay a bunch of scrubs and be weighed down by their contracts in the future offseasons

We all know we're going to give DeRozan the supermax and bring back Gay and Patty. Our wino coach needs his drinking buddies back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know we're going to give DeRozan the supermax and bring back Gay and Patty. Our wino coach needs his drinking buddies back.
    I’m holding out a small piece of hope that that won’t happen...at least until it does. If the FO does sign DDR, gay and patty this offseason, stick a fork in this franchise. It’s game over at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doug McDermott will save us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey maybe we get Kawhi back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here's hoping that the Hawks' ownership finds it difficult to match John Collins' max contract. There is a steep fall in quality from Collins in the list of FAs available (restricted or otherwise) after him. What a shame.

Perhaps the cap space could be used to get some Euroleague players as well - Nikola Milutinov?, Anthony Randolph?, Nikola mirotic (unlikely as he is signed till 2025 for a bankrupt Barca).

At worst, the Spurs could just use some of the cap space to extend their own players - Lonnie Walker and hope the space in 2022 allows them to nab a good FA. So, its back to utilising the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take on contracts for good 1sts. Facilitate trades. Lots of options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at the Rockets always eases my mind. Good to know there are still worse FO's and owners than what the Spurs got, although they rank in the bottom half for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take on contracts for good 1sts. Facilitate trades. Lots of options.
    With an inert (inept?) FO which has screwed up or stayed away from trades in the recent past, I doubt they will use cap space wisely enough. Brian Wright seems to be a great talent spotter but a useless negotiator. I think the Spurs are better off hiring someone over him and letting him take care of drafting/ scouting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it too early to get a 2021 draft thread going? Pretty much the next big thing to look forward to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it too early to get a 2021 draft thread going? Pretty much the next big thing to look forward to
    You mean to be disappointed from unless we go on a few 10–12 losing streaks to finish the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And here we go.

Thread Information