Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1677
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be terrible, tbh.

If it's Bledsoe into cap space for a lottery protected pick after the Spurs strike out on their FA targets, then it might be alright.
    If we get a 1st to take on a year of his contract to serve as a backup point guard, that's not a bad outcome. Nobody is saying that's a top priority ot preferred target but it's not bad in certain scenarios.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we get a 1st to take on a year of his contract to serve as a backup point guard, that's not a bad outcome. Nobody is saying that's a top priority ot preferred target but it's not bad in certain scenarios.
    I'd take him for a first with light protection since the Spurs aren't getting anybody with their capspace and have to meet a salary floor, but I'd bury him deep bench or buy him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take him for a first with light protection since the Spurs aren't getting anybody with their capspace and have to meet a salary floor, but I'd bury him deep bench or buy him out.
    OKC will do different way. Give him minutes. Promo him. Sell high.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Pelicans want Lowry I wonder if they'd want DDR as well. I don't like a DDR, Lowry, Zion big 3 but they may not have a better path forward.
    They don't have the cap space and even if they did, multiple significant sign and trades in one off season would be unheard of. DeRozan would be a terrible fit with Williamson and you seemingly forgot Ingram.

So many don't understand nuance and instead base everything on a combination of executing their preferred scenario and whether they like the player(s) in question.

Definitely seems like the timeline doesn't fit. But i'm guessing they want a steady veteran leader for their group of young guys. Hard for it to be Adams and Bledsoe when they're useless albatross contracts. But i would expect Lowry to try and go somewhere to compete for a ring versus playing veteran babysitter in NOLA
    Yeah, I doubt Lowry will have interest, but he'd be a good fit for them, as would Adams for the Raptors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC will do different way. Give him minutes. Promo him. Sell high.
    The problem with that is that even peak Bledsoe, which he isn’t anymore, isn’t that valuable in today’s game. He’s sort of a pint sized DeRozan. It’s not a coincidence that Milwaukee got better by jettisoning his ass last offseason.

Every player that OKC has flipped, PG, RW, CP3, Horford, all have value in today’s game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't have the cap space and even if they did, multiple significant sign and trades in one off season would be unheard of. DeRozan would be a terrible fit with Williamson and you seemingly forgot Ingram.

So many don't understand nuance and instead base everything on a combination of executing their preferred scenario and whether they like the player(s) in question.

Yeah, I doubt Lowry will have interest, but he'd be a good fit for them, as would Adams for the Raptors.
    In regard to Ingram I was working off the suggestion by another poster that they were looking to or open to trading him....I should have made that clear...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Lowery and think he's had a very underrated career, but why would New Orleans want him now, at age 35? Odd.
    I think the perspective is like suns adding Chris Paul and suddenly they are in finals.

Not saying it will work. But the logic seems to be derived from there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In regard to Ingram I was working off the suggestion by another poster that they were looking to or open to trading him....I should have made that clear...
    I am reading reports of Ingram being linked to Paul George and Lillard. Ingram however was spotted with the Pelicans GM, attending a playoff game. So these leaks or rumours are maybe nothing. But something we can all agree on, that the Pelicans are open to trading anyone and everyone except for Zion. They are under pressure to build a playoff team around Zion right now before his max extension kicks in. They could very well lose Hart and Ball. Their young pieces are pretty much fading. The issue with Ingram and Zion pairing is their below average defense. Yet they are their two best players. Pelicans have 10th pick. Dangle that with Ingram and you can go after Paul George, especially if Leonard burns them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am reading reports of Ingram being linked to Paul George and Lillard. Ingram however was spotted with the Pelicans GM, attending a playoff game. So these leaks or rumours are maybe nothing. But something we can all agree on, that the Pelicans are open to trading anyone and everyone except for Zion. They are under pressure to build a playoff team around Zion right now before his max extension kicks in. They could very well lose Hart and Ball. Their young pieces are pretty much fading. The issue with Ingram and Zion pairing is their below average defense. Yet they are their two best players. Pelicans have 10th pick. Dangle that with Ingram and you can go after Paul George, especially if Leonard burns them.
    Unfortunately for the Clippers, the draft comes first, so they won’t know if they’re going to be snaked by The Group until August.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy spotted in an IG video by Vassell. I presume it’s after a workout. I’m expecting Gay and Dieng back out of all the vets.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy spotted in an IG video by Vassell. I presume it’s after a workout. I’m expecting Gay and Dieng back out of all the vets.
    I can see Rudy taking the same path Vince Carter did at the end of his career. He also seems to genuinely like the young Spurs.

I'd be thrilled to have Dieng back. I would also be surprised if he signs with the Spurs, though, unless the Spurs offer him a lot of money. Then again, I was surprised he signed with the Spurs in the first place so it was likely due to his relationships with some of the Spurs' players and staff rather than money or a playoff run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Rudy taking the same path Vince Carter did at the end of his career. He also seems to genuinely like the young Spurs.

I'd be thrilled to have Dieng back. I would also be surprised if he signs with the Spurs, though, unless the Spurs offer him a lot of money. Then again, I was surprised he signed with the Spurs in the first place so it was likely due to his relationships with some of the Spurs' players and staff rather than money or a playoff run.
    Gorgui was at one of the first Basketball Without Borders camps in Africa, put on by RC Buford. When he signed, he said that he’s known RC longer than he’s spoken English.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay would solve our backup 4 problem if we go after Collins. It kinda make sense if you max out Collins that you also have a decent backup. Because frankly, I can't see Luka being ready next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay would solve our backup 4 problem if we go after Collins. It kinda make sense if you max out Collins that you also have a decent backup. Because frankly, I can't see Luka being ready next season.
    Luka will be a big contributor next year. He is already the best defensive 4 we have. His lateral movement is incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka will be a big contributor next year. He is already the best defensive 4 we have. His lateral movement is incredible.
    don't see it, hope you're right. The talent is there, but Murray and Luka's inconsistencies frustrate me more than anyone else on the team. And I like them both as people, just don't think we'll ever be elite with Murray running point. And Luka has to have a fire lit under his ass to give more than 50 percent effort, and even then, seems like he still doesn't understand how to play basketball at times

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't see it, hope you're right. The talent is there, but Murray and Luka's inconsistencies frustrate me more than anyone else on the team. And I like them both as people, just don't think we'll ever be elite with Murray running point. And Luka has to have a fire lit under his ass to give more than 50 percent effort, and even then, seems like he still doesn't understand how to play basketball at times
    The biggest problem was Pop’s head up his ass. When given minutes Luka performed well. Unexplainably on a team lacking at the 4 position Pop’s wine-soaked brain couldn’t figure it out. I really believe he prioritized Rudy’s last contract over team development. In the 5 game stretch that Luka played he had the best +/- in 4 of the 5 games and had the lowest FG% against in the NBA over that stretch at 38%. Then basically forgotten the rest of the season. How does that performance not EARN him minutes? That’s why Pop needs to go. I believe he is incapable of playing a younger player over a veteran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get plenty of minutes still on average. He still needs to earn that rotation, though. Spurs always have you earn it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest problem was Pop’s head up his ass. When given minutes Luka performed well. Unexplainably on a team lacking at the 4 position Pop’s wine-soaked brain couldn’t figure it out. I really believe he prioritized Rudy’s last contract over team development. In the 5 game stretch that Luka played he had the best +/- in 4 of the 5 games and had the lowest FG% against in the NBA over that stretch at 38%. Then basically forgotten the rest of the season. How does that performance not EARN him minutes? That’s why Pop needs to go. I believe he is incapable of playing a younger player over a veteran.
    Except when he does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except when he does.
    Such insight. Have another glass of wine. Morning drinker, eh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get plenty of minutes still on average. He still needs to earn that rotation, though. Spurs always have you earn it.
    Used to be you earned your minutes playing good D. How does literally playing some of the best defense in the league when given an opportunity not EARN more playing time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Used to be you earned your minutes playing good D. How does literally playing some of the best defense in the league when given an opportunity not EARN more playing time?
    Oh come on. He had some moments, but he is lost out there sometimes, more so on offense which in this era is actually pretty damn important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Rudy Gay is signed he will become the most hated Spur over the course of the season with his slow defense and world b free shooting off the rim.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No more Rudy Gay. Slow, immobile, streaky, falls off a cliff toward the end of the season. Seen enough of him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10557568[/URL]]Gay would solve our backup 4 problem if we go after Collins. It kinda make sense if you max out Collins that you also have a decent backup. Because frankly, I can't see Luka being ready next season.

Even if we get Collins we are not going to contend for a ship just yet. A guy like Gay taking Luka’s back up minutes could be detrimental to Luka’s development. Luka needs minutes on the bench at the very least. Or we trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay has been a mentor to Devin and taken him under his wing.

They are friends and will continue to be friends even if/when Rudy leaves. They may even work out together still like many players from different teams do.

Doesn’t mean much of anything. Rudy could stay or Rudy could go. But that doesn’t indicate anything.

Thread Information