Page 195 of 376 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 9381
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I've been trying to get into Bloodborne but it's so ing hard. I can't get past the Cleric Beast.
    lol I don't think I died a single time to the Cleric Beast. My second playthrough, he didn't even hit me.

On a related note, I just best Genichiro. He wasn't nearly as hard as Lady Butterfly was. It's kind of strange that I fought him so early, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apalisoc_9

i did a 3rd playthrough after shura. i didnt want to do a 4th full playthrough for the 4th ending so i just created a save on a USB drive after beating isshin. did the purification ending... then used the save data i had created to resume from the same point and quickly do the immortal severance ending. if i had used this method i could have just done 2 play-throughs... though it was a nice challenge to face demon of hatred and isshin on NG++

its so dumb that 3 of the 4 endings all require the same play through and only difference is a text chioce (and completion of various small side activities)
    Nice. Haven't had the chance to play much. We're quarantined but I'm too lazy to fire up my ps4.

Is Emma actually that hard? I keep hearing that if she had two life bars she'd be far more difficult than isshin. I somehow find that hard to believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol I don't think I died a single time to the Cleric Beast. My second playthrough, he didn't even hit me.

On a related note, I just best Genichiro. He wasn't nearly as hard as Lady Butterfly was. It's kind of strange that I fought him so early, though.
    To be fair, Genichiro is an earlier boss. It's possible to fight him without going through some other bosses though. It's possible you lucked yourself into a shorter path... not needing to fight jinzuke, seven spears although you naturally have to fight them first.

Majority of people say once you beat genichiro, you've learned the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Haven't had the chance to play much. We're quarantined but I'm too lazy to fire up my ps4.

Is Emma actually that hard? I keep hearing that if she had two life bars she'd be far more difficult than isshin. I somehow find that hard to believe.
    to be honest... i found shura bosses (emma and old isshin) harder than the other ending with genichiro and young/prime isshin (sword saint). isshin sword saint does a ton of damage and his second/third phase with the scythe are frantic, but he just does so many moves that you can punish. he exposes himself to a LOT of mikiri counters. he does the charge ranged attack that you just have to sprint around and get some free shots in. and he does the ichimangi attack that you just have to side step and punish. of course, in his 3rd phase he uses the lightning stuff which is just another easy way to punish if you get comfortable with the reversal mechanic.

old isshin still had some ways to punish, but the constant fire forced you to play more defensive

i think the best fight in the game is Owl (father), when you face him in the Hirata estate memory (not when you face him on the roof where you fought geneshiro... that fight is called Great Shinobi Owl)

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Ghost recon breakpoint since the update this game has gotten even better tbh. its finally a solid sequel to Wildlands

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    surprised apalisoc is not playing animal crossing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be honest... i found shura bosses (emma and old isshin) harder than the other ending with genichiro and young/prime isshin (sword saint). isshin sword saint does a ton of damage and his second/third phase with the scythe are frantic, but he just does so many moves that you can punish. he exposes himself to a LOT of mikiri counters. he does the charge ranged attack that you just have to sprint around and get some free shots in. and he does the ichimangi attack that you just have to side step and punish. of course, in his 3rd phase he uses the lightning stuff which is just another easy way to punish if you get comfortable with the reversal mechanic.

old isshin still had some ways to punish, but the constant fire forced you to play more defensive

i think the best fight in the game is Owl (father), when you face him in the Hirata estate memory (not when you face him on the roof where you fought geneshiro... that fight is called Great Shinobi Owl)
    Ill fire up the ps4 again tomorrow and just go through the bosses quickly. I missed out on Father in my first playthrough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill fire up the ps4 again tomorrow and just go through the bosses quickly. I missed out on Father in my first playthrough.
    the last 2 endings (purification and return) require you to take those steps

as far as i remember, you have to make sure you exhaust all dialogue and eavesdropping opportunities with Kuro and Emma before beating the Divine Dragon

after you beat geneshiro and go into Kuro's room, just try hiding behind where the incense burner thing is and you should be able to eavesdrop on kuro right away. and then i think after fighting and beating Owl, you eventually get another opportunity to eavesrop kuro from the same spot where he says "do what must be done." if you leave and come back, or just rest at an idol, emma is standing at the top of the stairs, and you can confront her. you then agree to help her to keep kuro alive.

keep exhausting dialogue with her and she'll eventually say she's going to be at the old grave. travel there and meet her by the grave, talk to her there. then she says she's going to talk to orangutan (scultpor). next time you go back to the temple, sculptor and emma are talking there, and you can go outside, behind the temple and eavesdrop once again. confront emma again and she gives you another one of those memory bell things (same item that let you go to hirata estate the first time), but this time it's Owl's memory.

then you play through a different version of hirata estate where the final boss is owl instead of lady butterfly.

its really obscure , and getting the "return" ending is even more obscure (involves all these steps plus more with the kid at the end of Senpou temple). i was able to figure get to the 2nd owl fight without a guide, but then starting looking stuff up to make sure i wasn't missing any potentially skippable bosses, and figured out the further steps for the return ending.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I was excited about the Panzer Dragoon on Switch announcement a few months ago, but now seeing it released today the final product looks like . Too busy graphically and doesn't seem to capture the art style of the Saturn original at all. midnightpulp rolling in his grave at this remake.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Civ 5. Always & forever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started playing COD Blackops 3
    (Campaign mode)

Never played cod before, I’m not a FPS guy

A little learning curve, bit I just completed my 1st mission

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started playing COD Blackops 3
    (Campaign mode)

Never played cod before, I’m not a FPS guy

A little learning curve, bit I just completed my 1st mission
    Learning curve on multiplayer is quite steep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ghost recon breakpoint since the update this game has gotten even better tbh. its finally a solid sequel to Wildlands
    I wish they kept the gritty realistic direction like the first game.. Bolivia punked the out of Ubisoft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Tomb Raider (2013) Definitive edition

I mean, it’s simply a superior version of Uncharted imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Plus you can play it with your pants down.

Last edited by baseline bum; 03-28-2020 at 10:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got Persona 5 Royal preloaded. Can't wait until 11PM Monday when I can finally play that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus you can play it with your pants down.

Still not done with the game, but what I’ll say is UC is more visually impressive (tomb raider is generally darker/gray while UC is vibrant) and has a more consistent narrative (Lara in cutscenes is a sad scared girl but then goes on to headshot 20 dudes with a bow and blast more with a shotgun). Scully/Elena are actually good characters, nobody stands out in tomb raider

but tomb raider completely poops on UC from a gameplay perspective. The gunplay is much better. The combat is deeper. The exploration/climbing is better. You actually upgrade weapons and skills, and it’s a more open world. The puzzles are also more intuitive instead of just giving you solutions in a notebook.

Ill definitely be picking up the sequels Rise and Shadow

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got Persona 5 Royal preloaded. Can't wait until 11PM Monday when I can finally play that .
    Oh I forgot about that.

I’m torn between Resident evil 3 and random game B.

I’m trying to be mindful of how I’m spending my monies now. My coffers will last throughout the summer but much more than that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still not done with the game, but what I’ll say is UC is more visually impressive (tomb raider is generally darker/gray while UC is vibrant) and has a more consistent narrative (Lara in cutscenes is a sad scared girl but then goes on to headshot 20 dudes with a bow and blast more with a shotgun). Scully/Elena are actually good characters, nobody stands out in tomb raider

but tomb raider completely poops on UC from a gameplay perspective. The gunplay is much better. The combat is deeper. The exploration/climbing is better. You actually upgrade weapons and skills, and it’s a more open world. The puzzles are also more intuitive instead of just giving you solutions in a notebook.

Rise and Shadow are great games, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad they got rid of the snuff film death cutscenes in Rise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Learning curve on multiplayer is quite steep
    Learning curve is steep for me in single player mode on rookie level

I pump myself up to get better : “let’s get those bas s!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad they got rid of the snuff film death cutscenes in Rise.
    That was jarring first time i saw it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Much better scrah. I'm a PS fanboy, but all the tomb raider editions where better..

I admit uncharted overall probably better in terms of lore and overall story. I mean you get invested with Nathan, Sully etc. But I found the gameplay in tomb raider superior plus honestly I know she gets a lot of hate but this lara is a really good protagonist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horizon Zero Dawn officially coming to PC this summer

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...plete_Edition/

Get in here DJR210, Cry Havoc, 140
    I playtested that game a year before it released on Ps4.

It's an interesting le. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Rise of the Tomb Raider is easily the best and one of the better games I've played ever tbh. Shadow is kinda meh. But that being said imo Uncharted 4 >>>> any of the TR games

Thread Information