Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The homie went in on his former boss ... damn

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis writes. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”
    He goes on to contrast the American ethos of unity with Nazi ideology. “Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that ‘The Nazi slogan for destroying us … was “Divide and Conquer.” Our American answer is “In Union there is Strength.”’ We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.”

https://apple.news/AaFQzafIZQUKYnhsIBiwP8w

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Industrial military complex good now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “When I joined the military, some 50 years ago,” he writes, “I swore an oath to support and defend the Cons ution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any cir stance to violate the Cons utional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Union There Is Strength

I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values asa nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Cons ution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any cir stance to violate the Cons utional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battle space” that our uniformed military is called upon to "dominate." At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors.Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C.,sets up a conflict—a false conflict— between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.

James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us...was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another.The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our
    Cons ution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s“better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.

James Mattis

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone's salty that we're ending the CIA's reign in Afghanistan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Industrial military complex good now.
    Has nothing to say about maddog deep ing his former boss
    Immediately jumps at the opportunity to deflect with inane and irrelevant nonsequitur
    Patrols the internet’s to protect the honor of a bunker who doesn’t even know said poster exists

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheGreatYacht

These NPC bend the knee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone's salty that we're ending the CIA's reign in Afghanistan.
    The article you didn’t read said that’s not true. But you wouldn’t know that because you’re too quick to take all the semen shot towards the bunker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh

all these clowns jumping on opportunity to look good now

them

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    > "doesn't even try to unite American people"

I thought Trump is Mr.White Supremacy? So he's trying to unite Whites.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article you didn’t read said that’s not true. But you wouldn’t know that because you’re too quick to take all the semen shot towards the bunker
    Dude's just doing business, bruh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp calling in for re-enforcement.

The great dump

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheGreatYacht

Chumpettes' new hero

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's just doing business, bruh.

Then why’d your daddy hire him?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “When I joined the military, some 50 years ago,” he writes, “I swore an oath to support and defend the Cons ution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any cir stance to violate the Cons utional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.”
    Bunker didn't gas the protesters to get the photo op, he got the photo op to gas the protesters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The little homie doing his best dmc deflectornado impression because maddog just painted a Jackson pollock on dear leaders face

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpettes rallying behind a psychopath with all kinds of blood on his hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is bunker hiring psychopaths for his cabinet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rallying behind bunker and trying to on an actual soldier. Cowardice from the top to the bottom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will at least give derp props for being consistent, he never liked mattis

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rallying behind bunker and trying to on an actual soldier. Cowardice from the top to the bottom
    "Actual soldier"

Afghanistan good now.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will at least give derp props for being consistent, he never liked mattis
    Or he could just not be a psychopath and not even consider killing an innocent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or he could just not be a psychopath and not even consider killing an innocent.
    thats what he said in the quote you posted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine having a president who is too extreme and violent with his own people for a raging psychopath like mattis tbh

Thread Information