Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MoSpur02 is legit. He's gotten impossible-to-get inside info right extremely early. He called Pop's three year extension a few months before anyone had it and even knew about Kawhi to the Celtics rumor in which everyone was sworn to secrecy, tbh.

I don't have any further info regarding a trade involving Belinelli but this roster is begging for a bit of thinning. Something similar to the deal with Portland back in 2002. IIRC, that one was Antonio Daniels, Charles "Spider" Smith and Amal McCaskill for Steve Kerr. A 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 deal in which the Spurs get back a useful player makes a whole lot of sense. Back then, the Spurs needed to make room for Parker's ascent and the addition of Ginobili. Now, they could see how LW4 is playing in summer league -- not to mention White and Murray needing a lot of minutes next year -- and want to make a similar deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. I agree that he's a similar player but he doesn't really have the hype behind him that Adams has always had. Also, very few teams will touch that Adams deal now. I don't think Poetl will play more than 20-25 MPG either. I think we'll resign him to a good value deal.
    Hope so. Poeltl has a better offensive ceiling than Gobert IMO. He seems to have pretty good instincts in terms of timing when rolling to the rim & seems to be improving his finishing & decision making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In order for the Murray white derozan SL to work both Murray and white have to significantly improve from outside. Bringing White off the bench as a 6th man is definitely feasible if the spurs want derozan to play his natural position and the spurs have a better option to start at the 3. Plus, the spurs are going to be cautious with dejounte. There will be plenty of minutes for White off the bench if the spurs go that route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In order for the Murray white derozan SL to work both Murray and white have to significantly improve from outside. Bringing White off the bench as a 6th man is definitely feasible if the spurs want derozan to play his natural position and the spurs have a better option to start at the 3. Plus, the spurs are going to be cautious with dejounte. There will be plenty of minutes for White off the bench if the spurs go that route.
    Or flip White and Murray if you have to. Either can start or come off the bench at the PG spot. I don't know what gives people the idea that it just isn't possible to bring White off the bench and play DD at the position he's best at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calm down people, OP said possibly, as in probably not going to happen.
    Two things: 1) even before the season or any rumors, everyone knew there was a big log jam at guard with Dejounte and Lonnie back in the fold. The “need” was there and still exists; especially with adding Keldon to the mix and Weatherspoon.

2) There has been noise on Beli for a while (nothing major) but now have OP and a few others all hearing similar stuff?

My bet is that it’s more likely Beli is moved than not

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was told Marco and possibly another player to obtain a free agent. A forward free agent who has range on his jumper. Any forward power or small who can hit the three who is a FA jump out to y'all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MoSpur02 is legit. He's gotten impossible-to-get inside info right extremely early. He called Pop's three year extension a few months before anyone had it and even knew about Kawhi to the Celtics rumor in which everyone was sworn to secrecy, tbh.

I don't have any further info regarding a trade involving Belinelli but this roster is begging for a bit of thinning. Something similar to the deal with Portland back in 2002. IIRC, that one was Antonio Daniels, Charles "Spider" Smith and Amal McCaskill for Steve Kerr. A 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 deal in which the Spurs get back a useful player makes a whole lot of sense. Back then, the Spurs needed to make room for Parker's ascent and the addition of Ginobili. Now, they could see how LW4 is playing in summer league -- not to mention White and Murray needing a lot of minutes next year -- and want to make a similar deal.
    Do you think there's any chance Wombat gets moved to clear that path for the younger guys? Or is he pretty much a Spur lifer, with a guaranteed role like most of us suspect?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was told Marco and possibly another player to obtain a free agent. A forward free agent who has range on his jumper. Any forward power or small who can hit the three who is a FA jump out to y'all?
    so another trade exception scenario (or S&T)? you sure this isn't stale news concerning the marcus morris signing, where instead of marco it was bertans?

i mean i woulda said mirotic but he's going to spain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think there's any chance Wombat gets moved to clear that path for the younger guys? Or is he pretty much a Spur lifer, with a guaranteed role like most of us suspect?
    Patty has negative value in most situations and SA is not trying to dump anyone for cap space or use real assets. I want him gone, but he’s not likely to be moved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryan Anderson lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaMychal Green, Trey Lyles, Kelly Oubre.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That rules out cojo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn oubre is still a FA lol I wanted spurs to pick him up but I thought he’d get a big pay day

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaMychal Green, Trey Lyles, Kelly Oubre.
    Green resigned with clips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First person I thought of after MoSpurs last post. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it sounds like it'd have to be a sign-and-trade.

My first instinct was Trey Lyles but the Nuggets just rescinded their QO so it can't be a sign-and-trade for him.

Marcus Morris isn't official yet, right? Maybe it's Belinelli + something to the Celtics for Morris in a sign-and-trade. But I'm pretty damn sure the Celtics had to renounced him ... though why else wouldn't the Morris signing be finalized yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a named Kelly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre makes a lot of sense, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First person I thought of after MoSpurs last post. .
    Or some like Jerebko would be my guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it sounds like it'd have to be a sign-and-trade.

My first instinct was Trey Lyles but the Nuggets just rescinded their QO so it can't be a sign-and-trade for him.

Marcus Morris isn't official yet, right? Maybe it's Belinelli + something to the Celtics for Morris in a sign-and-trade. But I'm pretty damn sure the Celtics had to renounced him ... though why else wouldn't the Morris signing be finalized yet?
    Preserve the MLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has to be Oubre. My heart can’t take SpursDynasty85 getting his wish about wanting Ryan Anderson.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    make it kelly pls hes like 24 years old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oubre isn't a shoter. ryan anderson would be a trainwreck. jerebko? very meh. but more capable of playing forward than marco

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highly doubt he gets traded. Only scenario is a situation where his salary is needed and there is no alternative.

I don't think he's on their untradeable list but the Spurs aren't going to give up an asset for a guy who they probably don't view as being negative (or negative enough to give up an asset).

Thread Information