College: North Texas

DraftExpress
    NBADraft

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes please.

Doubt he slides down to SA though with his physical tools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanted this guy to declare last year when maybe we would have had a shot at him with a late pick. Doubt he slides far enough for us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know much of his game, but at least this writer has him in the 2nd round... http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2...ft-march-reset

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good example of why the Spurs should go international with this years pick. This guy is a fringe NBA prospect and would not go in the first round in most drafts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good example of why the Spurs should go international with this years pick. This guy is a fringe NBA prospect and would not go in the first round in most drafts.
    Actually, I find this kid quite interesting as a possible spurs pick. He's got awesome physical tools (and at 6'8" & 235 in his freshman year, enough size to be a PF), and when he was playing PF for N Texas (his rookie year) he was a very good prospect - as in top 5. This year, he's been trying to play SF, and he's obviously not nearly as good at it, and it's tanked his stock - which is good for us. If he sinks to 29, it would be a very worthy gamble...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he just too raw to wrap guaranteed money up in. I'd rather them take a flier on an international with upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid is a double digit rebounder with great length (7'3") and was a 44% 3 point shooter last year. His shooting numbers has dropped across the board (29% on 3s), but if the Spurs see an easy remedy to his poor shooting ala Leonard he would be a steal at #29. A long stretch 4 who can rebound and block shots? That's like gold dust in this league, especially for a team like the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever doesn't draft him in the first is an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanted this guy to declare last year when maybe we would have had a shot at him with a late pick. Doubt he slides far enough for us
    Very few players improve their stock by staying a year after they are projected as a first rounder. He shouldn't have pulled out last year. He got spooked when he slid out of the mock lottery pick territory. This year, his projections are starting lower than last year's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks a lot older than 20/21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaguely reminds me of K-Mart in terms of all-around game (and potential boneheadedness).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaguely reminds me of K-Mart in terms of all-around game (and potential boneheadedness).
    I think that was one of the issues that caused him to drop last year and rate lower this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prior to UNT's abortion of a season he was something like third or fourth overall on ESPN's big board. Specimens like him don't fall out of the first round. His length and athleticism would be a blessing as a stretch 4 late in the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's plenty of length and athleticism in the D-League too...none of which has made or likely won't make much of an impact in the NBA. For guaranteed money, I'll pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prior to UNT's abortion of a season he was something like third or fourth overall on ESPN's big board. Specimens like him don't fall out of the first round. His length and athleticism would be a blessing as a stretch 4 late in the first round.
    They always take the "leftovers" from the previous season and bundle them at the top for the following year. Doesn't really mean much. He started out rated as a lottery pick last year, too.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm always looking for big a SF/PF with a jump shot, this is not the guy, IMO.
    Not a good fit for the Spurs, probably for other teams.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highest vert of any 4 or 5 at the combine at 38"--an inch higher than Griffin in '09. Probably going in the second half of the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highest vert of any 4 or 5 at the combine at 38"--an inch higher than Griffin in '09. Probably going in the second half of the first round.
    His physical attributes have never been the issue. If this kid had Kawhi's mental at ude and makeup, he'd be a top 5 pick. The fact that he's dangling in the 20s should tell you something. He's got some flags, and they're red. At some point, he becomes (financially) worth some team taking the risk, but the Spurs usually never take the mental risk for guaranteed money.

If Tony were to ever wind up here, it would be a few years down the road if he lugs out on his rookie deal, and is bouncing around the edges of organized ball, looking for a way back.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he may drop to 28 and i really hope RC can overlook the mental stuff because this guy has all the physical tools to be very good one of the best athletes in the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another James White? If so, a wasted pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    Some are shying away from North Texas forward Tony Mitc , but he could find a landing spot w/ Minnesota at No. 26, league sources tell Y!

Thread Information