Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worse than quitting on your team?

Yes, Number Two is certainly the best player the Spurs have ever traded away. But the best ability is availability, and Number Two made it clear that he was not going to be available. At that point he had zero value as a player, his only value was as a trade chip.

Given the general perception that he was going to walk away from any non-LA team he was traded to (which was proven to be correct), not many teams were going to give up long-term value for a 1-year rental.
    Actually yes. Rodman was consistent. Kawhi just left. While I think Kawhi did upset the team they did not constantly have to deal with it except for questions from reporters. I also think these did not happen to often.

You also talk about how kawhi tanked his trade value but lets not forget he already had told the Spurs for awhile that he wanted to be traded. the most intelligent, caring, does the best for his people(talking about Pop not trump) knew so much that he was going to change Kawhi mind. He tried several times and waited to long and this also caused Kawhi value to lower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we trade LMA to Portland we probably get Nurkic or Collins back and start them instead tbh.
    Are Portland seriously considering trading Nurk? I'd take that in a heartbeat, even with the injury. Dude sets the table for their offense & you can see how their D has suffered badly since they started someone like Whiteside who can't do basics like show & recover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you dont. Portland would be stupid to give just one of them for LMA, but both is just wishful thinking.
    I didn't intend to suggest both I intended to suggest one or the other. Collins + Hood + Ariza would be the most likely scenario imo.

Nurk is a better player than LMA at this point, he s younger and very close to Lillard as well, no way they're giving him up
    I tend to agree with this sentiment. But if they aren't willing to give up Nurkic then the talk is going to be Zach Collins (and probably Rodney Hood/Trevor Ariza to make the money work.) I wouldn't say that Nurkic is completely off the table though, but I'd agree that Portland probably wouldn't do it.

Are Portland seriously considering trading Nurk? I'd take that in a heartbeat, even with the injury. Dude sets the table for their offense & you can see how their D has suffered badly since they started someone like Whiteside who can't do basics like show & recover.
    Honestly I have no idea. I think Portland wants to offer Whiteside and Spurs say no. I think Spurs want Nurkic and Portland says no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't intend to suggest both I intended to suggest one or the other. Collins + Hood + Ariza would be the most likely scenario imo.

I tend to agree with this sentiment. But if they aren't willing to give up Nurkic then the talk is going to be Zach Collins (and probably Rodney Hood/Trevor Ariza to make the money work.) I wouldn't say that Nurkic is completely off the table though, but I'd agree that Portland probably wouldn't do it.

Honestly I have no idea. I think Portland wants to offer Whiteside and Spurs say no. I think Spurs want Nurkic and Portland says no.
    Doesn't sound too exciting to me
    I like Zach a lot, but I don't think his ceiling is higher than "very good role player", Ariza would've been good 5 years ago, and I'm not a big Hood fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't sound too exciting to me
    I like Zach a lot, but I don't think his ceiling is higher than "very good role player", Ariza would've been good 5 years ago, and I'm not a big Hood fan
    I pretty much agree, maybe we can get a draft pick out of it. Maybe it would be better than letting Aldridge eventually walk away for nothing. Not sure how I feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can't trade Whiteside can they, he's a free agent at end of season? Collins plus expiring (Hood/Ariza) would be fine IMO. LMA would be just about be done after next season anyway & we get a decent role player.

Thread Information