Page 180 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 801301701761771781791801811821831841902302806801180 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 40782
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still short swabs.
    Bend over. I'll give ya a in' short swab.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whole Foods and Target have set aside an early morning hour solely for people at risk, elderly, immunocompromised, pregnant ( though I haven’t seen where they're at risk).
    A virus while pregnant often leads to autism. It's worth taking extra precautions in the unknown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget it, those early elder hours are a disaster. The line extends around the building, then you're body-to-body with fellow elders once you get in there. I left, drove a half mile to WalMart and shopped in peace. No toilet paper at either store, but, every thing else was in stock.
    Don’t know about Target but went to the Quarry Whole Foods this morning at about 7:10 . No lines no crowds, maybe 20 people in the store at most. Open for at risks everyday from 7:00 to 8:00 AM. If you or someone you knows is at risk tell them. Of course then it might get crowded.

One added advantage I’m assuming is that people who’ve gone the at risk hours are problem at risks that have been self quarantining.
    Just have to run past the cashier.
    Last edited by picnroll; 03-21-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main messages from SK and Italy are social isolation and voluminous, frequent testing.

Fox/OAN/rightwing hate media are downplaying the risk for their old, white, decrepit viewers who are at highest risk of death (20%)

Masks only for the infected and for health workers-

If you're not infected but your mask succeeds in protecting you, then touching your infected mask, setting it down on touched surface, infects you and others.

iow, you're wasting masks which are in short supply, AND you are infected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also this is a big possibility. no way governments tell you this possibility because people would absolutely freak out

you should be using all this time to prepare for the 2nd wave tbqh
    Because we've made no medical progress in the past 102 years. Apt analogy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HTF are you going to accomplish this (mass testing), Nathan? Is our gov't going to force us at the point of the National Guard, or, U.S. military personnel?

one LESS vote for trump is a good tradeoff

rip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HTF are you going to accomplish this (mass testing), Nathan? Is our gov't going to force us at the point of the National Guard, or, U.S. military personnel?
    I'll drag your ass down to court, cubby. Me and me alone. And I'll have the ole honorable judge eating out of my hand, juices a-flowin' and all primed up and ready to authorize my request to get you tested against your will. Me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we've made no medical progress in the past 102 years. Apt analogy.
    the 2009 H1N1 in USA had an earlier, broad peak, then a sharp e later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_in_the_United_States#/media/File:WhoLab18.GIF

If we take the 2009 H1N1 pandemic (under a serious Dem administration) in USA as a guideline,

then the higher transmissibility and much higher mortality of covid-19 under a mortal joke of a Repug kakistocracy says USA is in for a real show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the 2009 H1N1 in USA had an earlier, broad peak, then a sharp e later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_in_the_United_States#/media/File:WhoLab18.GIF

If we take the 2009 H1N1 pandemic (under a serious Dem administration) in USA as a guideline,

then the higher transmissibility and much higher mortality of covid-19 under an mortal joke of a Repug kakistocracy says USA is in for a real show

How many US citizens died from Spanish Flu in 1918? How many died in 2009 from H1N1?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Evidence over hysteria — COVID-19

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine...9-1b767def5894

More world wide data gathered in one article than I’ve seen anywhere else. His numbers give some hope that it’s not as bad as the media has been selling it. Hope he’s correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll give ya a in' short swab.
    Only if I get to cough on you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How many US citizens died from Spanish Flu in 1918? How many died in 2009 from H1N1?
    275k from Spanish Flu.
    12.5k from H1N1.
    23k dead from regular flu so far in '20.
    264 from Corona.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have to admit I'm loving Gov. Cuomo in New York. My first assessment of his daily new conference was wrong. He's for real. It's a treat. The goods.

A couple days ago:::"We're driving in and we look over and there's kids playing pick-up basketball. That's wrong."

lol!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    275k from Spanish Flu.
    12.5k from H1N1.
    23k dead from regular flu so far in '20.
    264 from Corona.
    So it’s 275k needed to make you happy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. intelligence reports from January and February warned about a likely pandemic

U.S. intelligence agencies
    (aka the hated Deep State) were issuing

ominous, classified warnings in January and February

about the global danger posed by the
    coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen

they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that

Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

the characteristics of a globe-encircling pandemic that could

require governments to take swift actions to contain it.

But despite that constant flow of reporting,

Trump continued publicly and privately to play down the threat the virus posed to Americans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/2020/03/20/299d8cda-6ad5-11ea-b5f1-a5a804158597_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most& utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_m ost

Pathological self-importance has consequences

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We appear to want to follow the Italian statistics in some of the more densely populated cities.

this is not a good thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

More world wide data gathered in one article than I’ve seen anywhere else. His numbers give some hope that it’s not as bad as the media has been selling it. Hope he’s correct.

Was about to post this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In hard-hit areas, testing restricted to health care workers, hospital patients

Health officials direct scarce resources where they are needed most to save people’s lives.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/21/coronavirus-testing-strategyshift/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_so urce=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

... again, simple and directly because Trash and his sycophantic kakistocracy ED UP MORTALLY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so your source is not media?
    what is it?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So it’s 275k needed to make you happy?
    No, "you'd" be happy at that #.
    I'm happy at 264.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone identify “the media “?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    so your source is not media?
    what is it?
    Don’t be obtuse, of course what I posted was “media”

His sources (include CDC, WHO, NIH, NHS, University of Oxford, Stanford, Harvard, NEJM, JAMA, and several others)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can anyone identify “the media “?
    Yes, a "profession" where you don't have to show your work. Just blurt it out under the guise of "my source" & they can say & report anything under the sun.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yes, a "profession" where you don't have to show your work. Just blurt it out under the guise of "my source" & they can say & report anything under the sun.
    Fox News included, or do they report with integrity?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn't read the article yet, but I already intuitively agree with it. I want to stress that we do need to take all precautions necessary (limited social interaction, hygiene, etc) to limit spread and give healthcare a chance to catch up, but the media isn't offering enough counterpoints to the "doom and gloom" scenarios. As I've said in many posts, the mortality rate looks scary when you simply divide deaths by confirmed cases, but it stands to reason there's tens of thousands of unconfirmed cases out there where those persons probably had zero-to-very mild symptoms and have already recovered (Italy was only testing people who exhibited severe symptoms). Our current mortality rate in that regard is 1.2 percent. But what if the virus in reality is 5x as prevalent as the confirmed case count, the mortality rate is around flu levels, which people would emotionally be more comfortable with.

I also think the general populace is under the impression that the stay at home orders and such mean that this virus is so deadly, you need to check out of society or face certain death, when it's just about the oft-repeated "flattening the curve."

Thread Information