Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow the Suns suck so damn bad
    Hand-gifting Dragic to the Heat ed their chances, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally get some help.
    Toronto over Rockets.

Spurs need to take it one game at a time.
    It may end up being rest is better then jumping up to HCA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns play like d league

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Knicks loss really hurts right now.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's assume the Spurs win all their remaining games. They'd have a 56-26 record.

- GSW has already clinched the conference
    - Memphis can finish at 58-24, they'd need to lose at least 2 games (not sure who owns the tie-breaker, reg season record is 2-2, see below), I could see one loss against the Clippers (who would still be fighting for playoff positions). Maybe another loss to GSW although the Warriors might be resting players by then (penultimate game of the season). Only other possibility I could see would OKC (next game-we will know soon)
    - Houston can finish at 56-26 (since they'd have lost twice to SA given the original assumption) and SA would own the tie-breaker (with a reg season record of 3-1)
    - the Clippers can finish at 57-25, they'd need to lost at least 1 game (not sure who owns the tie-breaker, reg season record is 2-2, see below). They could lose against GSW tonight, and maybe Portland or Memphis (seems unlikely, and a loss to Memphis wouldn't really help the Spurs).

Re: tie-breakers, the rules are as follows:
    (1) division leader owns tie-breaker over non-division leader
    (2) reg season head-to-head
    (3) division record
    (4) conference record

In the case of Memphis:
    (1) doesn't apply as we are in the same division
    (2) doesn't apply as we're 2-2 over the season
    (3) could apply if Memphis loses to NO, otherwise tied again
    (4) Memphis is way too far from us in conference record, they win the tie

Therefore to pass Memphis we need them to (a) lose 2 games, including one against New Orleans or (b) lose 3 games.

In the case of LAC:
    (1) if we get the tie-breaker from Memphis, we win our division whereas LAC finishes 2nd to GSW, therefore we own the tie-breaker in this situation
    (2) doesn't apply, reg season record 2-2
    (3) Clippers are 9-2, we could be 9-7, which means the Clippers would need to lose 4 games against their own division (they play GSW, Phoenix, and Lakers twice). This is clearly not going to happen, therefore the Clippers own the tie-breaker.

To pass the Clippers we need them to (a) lose one game and we win our division or (b) lose 2 games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's assume the Spurs win all their remaining games. They'd have a 56-26 record.

- GSW has already clinched the conference
    - Memphis can finish at 58-24, they'd need to lose at least 2 games (not sure who owns the tie-breaker, reg season record is 2-2, see below), I could see one loss against the Clippers (who would still be fighting for playoff positions). Maybe another loss to GSW although the Warriors might be resting players by then (penultimate game of the season). Only other possibility I could see would OKC (next game-we will know soon)
    - Houston can finish at 56-26 (since they'd have lost twice to SA given the original assumption) and SA would own the tie-breaker (with a reg season record of 3-1)
    - the Clippers can finish at 57-25, they'd need to lost at least 1 game (not sure who owns the tie-breaker, reg season record is 2-2, see below). They could lose against GSW tonight, and maybe Portland or Memphis (seems unlikely, and a loss to Memphis wouldn't really help the Spurs).

Re: tie-breakers, the rules are as follows:
    (1) division leader owns tie-breaker over non-division leader
    (2) reg season head-to-head
    (3) division record
    (4) conference record

In the case of Memphis:
    (1) doesn't apply as we are in the same division
    (2) doesn't apply as we're 2-2 over the season
    (3) could apply if Memphis loses to NO, otherwise tied again
    (4) Memphis is way too far from us in conference record, they win the tie

Therefore to pass Memphis we need them to (a) lose 2 games, including one against New Orleans or (b) lose 3 games.

In the case of LAC:
    (1) if we get the tie-breaker from Memphis, we win our division whereas LAC finishes 2nd to GSW, therefore we own the tie-breaker in this situation
    (2) doesn't apply, reg season record 2-2
    (3) Clippers are 9-2, we could be 9-7, which means the Clippers would need to lose 4 games against their own division (they play GSW, Phoenix, and Lakers twice). This is clearly not going to happen, therefore the Clippers own the tie-breaker.

To pass the Clippers we need them to (a) lose one game and we win our division or (b) lose 2 games.
    What if we finish in a 3 way tie with Houston and Memphis? How does that shake out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if we finish in a 3 way tie with Houston and Memphis? How does that shake out?
    a lot depends of how the Houston Spurs home and home series pan out. Memphis has a home game against N.O. Assuming they will win that that would put them at 9-7.
    Spurs need to go 3-1 in that scenario.

Memphis-8-7-1 games remaining in Southwest Division (Pelicans)

Houston-6-6-4 games remaining in Southwest Division (@ Mavs @S.A., S.A, Pelicans)

Spurs-6-7-3 games remaining in Southwest Division (@Rockets, Rockets, Pelicans)

Dallas-7-8-1 game remaining in Southwest Division (Rockets)
    Last edited by cd021; 03-31-2015 at 03:59 AM.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well as we've seen the Spurs max out at 56-26 if they win all their remaining games, Houston would max out at 56-26 as well (if they win all but lose 2 to the Spurs), and Memphis would be at 56-26 too if they lose 2 games.

In this case the tie-breaker is as follows:
    (1) Better winning % in all games among the tied teams
    (2) If all teams in same division (which is the case), better winning % against teams in own division
    (3) Better winning % against conference

(1) Memphis-Spurs 2-2, Memphis-Houston 2-2, Spurs-Houston 3-1: therefore Memphis is at 4-4, Houston is at 3-5 and the Spurs are 5-3.

This qualifies as a "complete" tie-breaker, because all the teams have different records. The Spurs would win the division, Memphis would be 2nd and Houston 3rd (and then seeded appropriately).

A lot of the Spurs chances to move up in seeding revolve around beating Houston twice in order to own the tie-breaker against them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the evaluation. The Spurs winning all out would be great, but I smell another Knicks-like stinker in Orlando (starters possibly resting) and another loss on the road where the Spurs still have not shown up against good teams. I do no count the win in Atlanta because their motivation with a ten game lead in the EC is pretty low overall right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the evaluation. The Spurs winning all out would be great, but I smell another Knicks-like stinker in Orlando (starters possibly resting) and another loss on the road where the Spurs still have not shown up against good teams. I do no count the win in Atlanta because their motivation with a ten game lead in the EC is pretty low overall right now.
    They know the importance of these 9 games, expect us to win out until the at OKC, Houston b2b

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs finish no higher than where they're at right now (6th) and will probably get Houston or Memphis in round 1.

They could beat Memphis, but the Rockets would be very difficult considering James Harden is a notorious Spur killer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs finish no higher than where they're at right now (6th) and will probably get Houston or Memphis in round 1.

They could beat Memphis, but the Rockets would be very difficult considering James Harden is a notorious Spur killer.
    agreed, they pissed away too many games and now they're going to pay for it. it just feels like Houston is going to be the 1st round matchup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20 games. 39.4 %FG, 33.1 3FG%, 85.8FT%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hardens post all star numbers, crazy how overrated he is. he can draw fouls, thats about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to say it but i also fear another egg lay in one of the next two.
    Seems like how they roll this season. Rested, easy opponent? They mail it in.

Hope not as 2-0 on this roadie combined with Golden State taking out the Clippers, real interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hardens post all star numbers, crazy how overrated he is. he can draw fouls, thats about it
    Somebody posted the % of his points that come off free throws.
    Unreal, something like 35%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really gets out of hand ... he (and Blake Griffin) really is able to flop with his head only. This awkward move and the common knowledge "well,its Harden, he gets fouled a lot" just seems to force refs to blow the whistle.

For Tony Parker the whole thing went backwards ... he gets absolutely no calls anymore.

The Spurs also benefit from this type of calling, e.g. Kawhi Leonard now is the top dog in steals and he does not get called for a foul although he often fouled the opponent while ripping the ball out of his hand. Danny Green is another example ... he earned the reputation to be a guy who is able to slap the ball out of the opponents hands during a fast break and thus rarely gets called for a foul (although I must admit he really is good at that!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ Sterns promise to clean up flopping and now Stern Jr, neither did a damn thing.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This really gets out of hand ... he (and Blake Griffin) really is able to flop with his head only. This awkward move and the common knowledge "well,its Harden, he gets fouled a lot" just seems to force refs to blow the whistle.
    False equivalence... Blake doesn't get the bubble-boy ref treatment that Harden does, and he takes plenty of legit hard fouls. The only big man I've seen who's come close to Harden's gy head-snapping strategy is Marc Gasol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers can easily grab the number 2 seed. They are 1.5 games behind Memphis. They have been playing great and only face 2 of the easier playoff teams (Portland and Memphis) in their remaining schedule. They get the Lakers and Nuggets twice

The Grizzlies can slip, they need to play against 4 playoff teams (OKC, LAC, GS, and WASH) and they haven't been playing great lately.

The Rockets have to play the Spurs twice along with OKC and Dallas. They've been playing well lately though and Harden will probably play until the end campaigning for that MVP.

Portland pretty much already clinched the 4th seed.

The Spurs have to play GS, the Rockets x2, and OKC. I think the Spurs have the hardest remaining schedule. Who knows about the GS game though, Kerr will probably pull the starters.

My final predictions:

1. Warriors
    2. Clippers
    3. Rockets
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies (but with HCA over Blazers)
    6. Spurs
    7. Mavs
    8. OKC

Spurs squandered too many easy games early and mid season to make any run up the standings. Unless they defeat the Rockets twice and take care of all the easy teams, there just aren't enough games remaining to climb up. It doesn't help they have one of the harder schedules and Pop will probably rest the starters a couple of games.

Rockets as the first round matchup is a pretty bad scenario but at least they don't have Beverley anymore. Prepare for Spurstalk meltdowns when Harden gets 10+ free throws and the announcers slobber all over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    go warriors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    W L PCT GB HOME ROAD DIV CONF PF PA DIFF STRK L10
    1zGolden State Warriors 60 13 .822 - 34-2 26-11 11-3 35-8 109.8 98.9 +10.9 W9 9-1
    2xMemphis Grizzlies 51 24 .680 10 28-9 23-15 8-7 32-15 98.6 95.5 +3.1 W1 6-4
    3xHouston Rockets 50 24 .676 10.5 27-10 23-14 6-6 28-17 103.3 100.1 +3.2 L1 7-3
    4xPortland Trail Blazers 48 25 .658 12 30-7 18-18 10-3 28-16 102.6 97.9 +4.7 W4 5-5
    5xLos Angeles Clippers 49 25 .662 11.5 27-10 22-15 9-3 30-14 106.6 100.3 +6.3 W7 8-2
    6San Antonio Spurs 48 26 .649 12.5 29-8 19-18 6-7 26-19 102.6 97.1 +5.4 W4 8-2
    7Dallas Mavericks 45 29 .608 15.5 25-12 20-17 7-8 24-20 104.1 100.9 +3.2 L2 5-5
    8Oklahoma City Thunder 42 32 .568 18.5 27-9 15-23 8-6 22-23 103.3 100.8 +2.5 W1 7-3
    New Orleans Pelicans 39 34 .534 21 25-13 14-21 7-6 23-20 99.4 98.6 +0.8 W2 5-5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubs are laying down for the Clips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot about Golden State being able to tank now and rest.
    Not gaining ground on Clippers tonight.

Thread Information