My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just look at his peers, both currently and in history:

Tony Parker -- no comparison, really. Parker won finals MVP and played a critical role on 4 championship teams. Parker's team also beat CP3's team when CP3 was in his prime and had a stacked supporting cast (2007), on the way to his third championship and finals MVP. Parker was also an MVP candidate in 2009, whereas CP3 has never been a top 3 player in the league. Also led his team to win international play (Eurobasket).

John Stockton -- made the finals, led his team many years to deep playoff runs, only had one other great player (Malone) and one key role player (Hornacek) on his teams. Stockton also had olympic gold on his resume, as well as more playoff appearances.

Gary Payton -- made the finals, almost beat MJ's Bulls, better defender, won gold in 1996 and 2000 Sydney olympics, routinely led his teams to deep playoff runs. Fewer star teammates than CP3 (Kemp for a short period, Schrempf).

Jason Kidd -- no comparison. Kidd led multiple teams to the finals, won a chip with Dallas in 2011, second in MVP to Tim Duncan in his prime. Better stats and deeper playoff runs/more clutch plays in critical games. Won olympic golds in 2000 and 2008. Should've been on the 96 gold team as well.

The only real argument here for CP3 to be placed over these hall of famers in history is his longevity in the NBA, and higher scoring average. He is pretty borderline as a hall of famer, as a good NBA player that never led his team single handedly in compe ion, much less won championships.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    He’s not only a shoe-in, he should actually end up being one of the highest rated inductees, just a tier below the likes of Jordan, Wilt, Magic, Bird, and eventually LeBron. And not because I’m a huge fan. And not because I’d ignore his history for post season choking. But we’ve arrived to an era of statistical geeking so pervasive, particularly in baseball and basketball, that even unwittingly, it has affected everyone’s perception, from coaches and front offices to the media to the players themselves to fans and ultimately to those people who decide things like Hall of Fame induction.

Not an issue of being deserving or not. That’s a different debate. But that statistical geeking that has become so pervasive puts him high on the list in that league of shoe-in candidates when his time is up. Choker, stat-passer, selfish ball dominant ego, what have you. He’s an easy shoe-in. Thinking or arguing he’s borderline is silly.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    if a career loser like tracy mcgrady can get in then I don't see why CP3 can't

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    does not deserve to be HOF

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The basketball hall of fame is the easiest one to get into, Paul will be getting in once eligible after he retires.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CP0 will easily make the HOF just because basketball has the HOF with the lowest standards. In reality, if you look past his padded stats, CP0 is only "Hall of Pretty Good" status at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not saying he won't make the HOF, he surely will. , all you need is some State Farm commercials to make the HOF these days. But IMO he's borderline due to the above logic, in comparing to his peer greats. But totally agree on the stats front, even though we might all agree that stats based rankings are super empty. If we go with just stats, guys like DeRozan are also surefire HOFers, even though we all know these guys' stats are empty calories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol TP is a system PG
    benched by Clacton
    won FMVP against......

..... Boobie Gibson

Come on now, CP3 is way better

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed Nash as an appropriate comparison but as Joseph Kony pointed out above he is definitely first ballot HOF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is a first ballot hall of famer. It's just that the point guard position itself is really overrated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirby Bryant made the All Star game shooting 29% from the field.
    He also made it one year he played 6 games in.

If you need the Fake News to determine talent that's on you Korny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current peers:

Kyrie Irving -- NBA champion (beat the 73 win Warriors, no less). Much, much, much much better scorer. Not as good on assists. More explosive, more athletic. Same pedigree. Arguably already a better HOF resume, with much fewer years under his belt to ac ulate empty stats.

Dame Lillard -- About the same resume (never made the finals, several recent deep playoff runs, much better scorer, less of a passer, less of a defender. Arguably basically the same type of resume. No one is saying Dame is a HOFer at this time.

Russy Westchuck -- The epitome of Empty Stats Guy. Past MVP. Made it to the finals, unlike CP3. Averaged a trip dub for a season or two. More athletic, less of a pure shooter, getting better as his career goes on at distributing. Already a HOFer at this point due to the trip dub seasons.

Curry -- HOFer, 1st ballot. Multiple championships. Arguably best shooter of all time. Plays PG but not really a true PG (like Parker and Dame Lillard). Much more of a HOFer than CP3 as his game changed the game. Makes CP3 look like a ing dinosaur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic got in, and he could only dribble with one hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol enrique mention in this thread..

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    >Parker a top 3 player in the league

Just how big of a is op?

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least someone has brains in this thread. Mitch Richmond is in the HOF and he has half the accolades with only 23 Playoff games to his name.

Paul is going to finish with close to 20k points, 10k assists and over 2k steals, imagine thinking someone who averages 19/5/10/2 for their career would be left out of the HOF

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    >Parker a top 3 player in the league

Just how big of a is op?
    almost as big as you

lol colts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whiny chock artist is getting in. He doesn’t need to play another game to get in. No discussion needed.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The day you see Carmelo Anthony being inducted is the day you'll know HOF is a joke (if you don't already know it).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The day you see Carmelo Anthony being inducted is the day you'll know HOF is a joke (if you don't already know it).
    Vlade getting in shows that anybody can get in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He fell off, but Melo was a beast back in the day. Probably too early for any Gen Z people to remember. But Nuggets Melo led that team to the playoffs a few times, and was a scoring champ, was a key piece on the Redeem Team and won multiple gold medals on team USA. Sure, he was a chucker but better than CP3 at his peak, IMO. Unstoppable force when going strong to the hole, and could shoot it too. Plus won a national le in NCAA. Also (with A'''''''''Mare) took the Knicks to the playoffs. That's gotta count for something.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vlade getting in shows that anybody can get in.
    Vlade was a great player on one of the best teams ever, TBH.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He fell off, but Melo was a beast back in the day. Probably too early for any Gen Z people to remember. But Nuggets Melo led that team to the playoffs a few times, and was a scoring champ, was a key piece on the Redeem Team and won multiple gold medals on team USA. Sure, he was a chucker but better than CP3 at his peak, IMO. Unstoppable force when going strong to the hole, and could shoot it too. Plus won a national le in NCAA. Also (with A'''''''''Mare) took the Knicks to the playoffs. That's gotta count for something.
    Anyone can get Olympic Medals on stacked teams. His peak was a good NCAA run.

Thread Information