Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unleashed Forbes.
    Because Forbes has been kept under wraps all season.
    Tim's secret weapon is a traffic cone that shoots 3's.

For a mere mortal, you have a wicked sense of humor.
    That was so easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1 against the 21-40 Hornets. He's the best
    Pop coached his way to a loss to both the Cavs and the Hawks. It’s nice beating bottom feeders for a change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    political endorsements aside, TD has the midas touch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD for HC 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder it's like being inside your mind, where all these NBA players are happily falling into line and playing hard for their male coaches...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...n-playoff-push

...nodding politely as they're being yelled at or called names...

...naturally "airing it out"...

...breaking up on-court fights...

...or locker room fights...

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/san-anton...m-naked-fight/

Yes it all makes sense that only a man can lead men. It isn't like people are people and have different ways of dealing with people, or that men could appreciate having a female manager that builds them up and leads them to success.
    Where did I say players were always falling in line with their male coaches? You must have missed the part when I say they were often clashing and I'm aware coaches get fired...

That's not the point, which isn't either about players "appreciating" in a vac having a female manager "that builds them up abd leads them to success" or about a rosy, idealistic, unrealistic vision in a board thread... it's about instincts and nature confronted to the REAL daily life of an NBA team.

I like Becky and I'm as much as a feminist rights defender as anyone but this isn't the enterprise world here where already (regrettably) extremely few women get top jobs and usually don't stay very long. It's sports, men, testosterone, specific codes, egos, daily physical and pshychological confrontations.

I know for sure many players wouldn't respect her very long as an NBA head coach, and not necessarily by mysoginism or machism but because of discomfort, awkardness and the ways men and women interact and perceive each others.

You're a GM... you give your team to Becky or no? It's not an hazard if it seems Becky won't succeed Pop. patfo had the time to study all that live and despite all her obvious great qualities realize that couldn't work...
    Last edited by JPB; 03-04-2020 at 11:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see how this team performs under Timmy the rest of the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can cut Forbes and Gay's minutes, this team would be a of a lot better and more exciting to watch. Love what I saw from Keldon. He's the type of player this team has been needing for sure.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see how this team performs under Timmy the rest of the way.
    I read that as "see how this team underperforms under Timmy" at first, and I couldn't disagree with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray taking shots at Pop

Duncan>

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Duncan>
    hum....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won’t pretend to know if Tim Duncan would consider taking over when Pop retires. I don’t think Becky will be tapped for the job unless the team has fallen so far out of the playoffs that the team management is more interested in making a political statement than winning. She’d end up being the first female NBA head coach to be hired... and fired. NBA level basketball on the best teams has way too much testosterone in the locker room for the very best players to be willing to defer to a female coach. Not being misogynistic here, just stating a cold, hard fact. She could be successful with a lower level NBA team than the Spurs organization, but she’ll have to pay her dues by being successful with a lottery level team first.

Tim’s a different situation... he has the respect and doesn’t need to prove himself. Kind of like when Larry Bird started coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read that as "see how this team underperforms under Timmy" at first, and I couldn't disagree with it.
    I hope not. I would love for Timmy to become the head coach. I just would be worried if the team struggled under Tim. Would the fan base turn on him? I would hate to see that, that's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s still got the pulse on this league, on these young players. So he can keep going as long as he wants
    That's a grammar mistake, it's "young player" referring to Forbes. Pop is in touch with exactly one young player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Duncan>
    muh touches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    premature thread, tbh
    Only chance to make it though with a talking point. I'd be surprised if Tim continues coaching tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could be wrong but I don't see Tim going through a HC career tbh.. not for lack of competencies but I don't see him willing to handle the political, business, media.. part of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could be wrong but I don't see Tim going through a HC career tbh.. not for lack of competencies but I don't see him willing to handle the political, business, media.. part of it
    Tim is used to press and probably isn't afraid of the business. I think he said it, 'I'm just here to have a good time.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he wants the grind, commitment or being away from his family beyond a season or two. He obviously has the smarts and know how for the job (or as a long-term assistant coach), but I think this is more him doing his former coach a favor. Or spending one last season with someone he sees as a father figure.

On another note, it'll be nice if Belinelli's "illness" spells the end of his time in the rotation at all & Keldon Johnson shows he's ready for the big team. With actual minutes and chances given to the younger, hungrier, more athletic player.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    You can guarantee next time Pop is out, Becky is getting the nod for Tim actually playing a rookie in non-garbage minutes

How dare you play a rookie against my wishes??? That was Marco time!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Picturing the great Timothy Theodore Duncan taking over the reigns makes me happy, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game was not so much about Duncan as it was mostly making patently obvious how stagnant the group is with Pop and the need for change at the coaching helm for the San Antonio Spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tim were to become coach, I could see there being a chance of possibly luring a young black superstar who would want to play for Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree whole-heartedly. If Tim is the successor, I'll keep coming to watch games just because I trust who is at the helm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An up and coming big man, for sure. Someone who wants to improve their fundamentals and who truly wants to win multiple championships and be a hall of famer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason Timmy can't rely on a mouthpiece/some good assistant like Becky to be the main voice to the media, while he does his thing in the locker room/on the bench.

Thread Information