The NFL admitted to the Detroit Lions on Tuesday that officials missed a blatant hold on Ndamukong Suh on a crucial fourth-down conversion from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with six minutes left in Sunday's wild-card game.

The conversion happened after the disputed Brandon Pettigrew play and before the Cowboys' go-ahead touchdown.

Had holding been called, it would have put the Cowboys in fourth-and-16 on Detroit's side of the field. Dallas likely would have punted and Detroit still would have had the lead.

NFL head of officials Dean Blandino said Monday that the non-call on pass interference against Pettigrew by Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens was debatable, but holding definitely should have been called on the play.

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford wore a microphone for Sunday's game, and the audio will air Tuesday night on "Inside The NFL" on Showtime.

"Can we explain that or no?" Stafford reportedly said after the officials picked up the penalty flag on the Pettigrew incompletion. "Just flat-out overturning a pass interference call?"

Stafford later could be heard yelling, "Hooome cookin!"
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...rth-conversion

Alex Jones
    HOW BOUT DEM REFBOYS!?!?!?

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Thank goodness Lefty changed his team!

Maybe since Suh shouldn't have even been in the game......

The NFL admitted to the Detroit Lions on Tuesday that officials missed a blatant hold on Ndamukong Suh on a crucial fourth-down conversion from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with six minutes left in Sunday's wild-card game.

The conversion happened after the disputed Brandon Pettigrew play and before the Cowboys' go-ahead touchdown.

Had holding been called, it would have put the Cowboys in fourth-and-16 on Detroit's side of the field. Dallas likely would have punted and Detroit still would have had the lead.

NFL head of officials Dean Blandino said Monday that the non-call on pass interference against Pettigrew by Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens was debatable, but holding definitely should have been called on the play.

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford wore a microphone for Sunday's game, and the audio will air Tuesday night on "Inside The NFL" on Showtime.

"Can we explain that or no?" Stafford reportedly said after the officials picked up the penalty flag on the Pettigrew incompletion. "Just flat-out overturning a pass interference call?"

Stafford later could be heard yelling, "Hooome cookin!"
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...rth-conversion

Alex Jones
    Does it even matter......lions are out and that it....move on

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Maybe since Suh shouldn't have even been in the game......

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Thank goodness Lefty changed his team!
    yeah

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That gay bionic arm...

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Isn't holding one of the most common things that happen that could be called on every play really?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Isn't holding one of the most common things that happen that could be called on every play really?
    yup

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    That gay bionic arm...
    Yes

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't understand why Lions quit blitzing in the 2nd half tbh

And the refs missed a blatant roughing the kicker when the lions player flew into our punter.
    We could do this all day

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Imagine the storm if the Cowboys won the Super Bowl

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's time (especially on special teams) the league took a different approach when dealing with holding. Yep, it could be called on every play. Unless the holding was blantant and had an impact on the results of the play, let it go. Guys being held far away from the play, nay! Even in the s if the holding made no difference....let it go.

Start warning guys, let them know you saw it and will be watching them.

And the refs missed a blatant roughing the kicker when the lions player flew into our punter.
    We could do this all day
    Shoved by CowBoi.

Moronic move by the NFL to announce the blatant hold on Suh, trying to unguilt themselves over the call by Jerry Jones they let stand.

Clarence Hill clarencehilljr · 16m16 minutes ago
    Just in keeping with fairness, the NFL has told the Cowboys that game officials missed several penalties against the Lions

The Cowboys sent in 10 plays to the league to get reviewed as they do every week. At least 7 came back in their favor.

Among the flags missed were illegal hands to fade that were so blatant that it knocked off Jermey Parnells helmet.

There was also a defensive hold on Jason Witten on the play before the 4th and 6

Check mate, let us proceed..

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    So we try to even out the inexplicable flag pick up by bringing up any other call we can find and pretend it all evens out.

Its really not very convincing, at all.

Post Count
    Still glad we get to see Dallas v. Green Bay

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So we try to even out the inexplicable flag pick up by bringing up any other call we can find and pretend it all evens out.

Its really not very convincing, at all.
    Let the salt continue to come out of the container tbh.

Post Count
    Let the salt continue to come out of the container tbh.
    Im enraged...

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count

Thread Information