Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2513
    Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a reason you post here? I can’t imagine the lack of human connection you must have to continue returning to this forum knowing that literally no one wants you here.
    I love ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. It's not worth giving up any assets for a guy with questionable effort who would bail at the first opportunity (if he even showed up at all).

Simmons literally threw out there that he is "open to being traded to Golden State". Well no , Sherlock, you're okay with going to the Bay Area to a contender with two of the best shooters in the league?

He also said he didn't want to go to Toronto or Portland because he considers himself "a young socialite". What the do you think he is going to think about playing in San Antonio?

Dude doesn't even seem to realize his stock is as low as ever and he doesn't really have a say in the matter.
    We have the riverwalk and chicken place to be fair.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't regret Spurs didn't draft Jalen Johnson. We have to keep our tradition of drafting known nice and humble yet hard-working guys. Stay away from guys who has too much ego.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Everyone in this damn league has an ego. Doesn't mean they can't fit on the team and, let's get real, none of us truly know what any of these guys are like but, sure, let's keep up the mental gymnastics on why the Spurs once again passed on clearly better choices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't regret Spurs didn't draft Jalen Johnson. We have to keep our tradition of drafting known nice and humble yet hard-working guys. Stay away from guys who has too much ego.
    I was not a fan of JJ. I wanted Sengun. I felt like he was the safest pick in the 1st round. He might have the most potential upside, but he would be a solid potential double double guy for a decade or so. He already has a nice low post game, along with a decent outside shot. He may not be the best defender, but he does give effort, and being alongside Poeltl would help him tremendously on that end.

Unfortunately, instead of going for a needed Big, we went for another guard. Now we just have to hope Cousin develops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every team needs some guys with some ego. Tim, Tony and Manu all had ego...they just expressed in different ways.

Tim had quiet confidence, but it helps that he was a top-10 player of all time when all was said and done.

Manu was a wildcard out there. He knew he did crazy stuff all the time but had the confidence that it would work, even if it drove Pop bonkers.

Tony wanted to be the hero a lot of the times...but teams still need that kind of drive and persistence. , even Kawhi was quiet...but he wasn't afraid to take on the challenge of matching LeBron in the 2014 Finals as a third-year player.

We also had our fair share of grinders and enforcers too....Mario Ellie, Stephen Jackson, Kevin Willis, Tony Massenburg, Robert "Hip-check" Horry, Big Dog Glenn Robinson....all guys who weren't afraid to mix it up if needed.

Just once, I would like Lonnie to act like Parker and try to OVER-assert himself for better or worse.

I'm all for getting high character guys in our small market situation, but you're not gonna win a lot of compe ive games if EVERYONE on the team is acting like a boy scout.
    Last edited by Dex; 08-15-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have the riverwalk and chicken place to be fair.
    Tell me more about this chicken place...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me more about this chicken place...
    They have chickens.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every team needs some guys with some ego. Tim, Tony and Manu all had ego...they just expressed in different ways.

Tim had quiet confidence, but it helps that he was a top-10 player of all time when all was said and done.

Manu was a wildcard out there. He knew he did crazy stuff all the time but had the confidence that it would work, even if it drove Pop bonkers.

Bro, I meant Selfish when I said "ego". Yes I love Manu's "ego" but always have team success in his mind.

Tony wanted to be the hero a lot of the times...but teams still need that kind of drive and persistence. , even Kawhi was quiet...but he wasn't afraid to take on the challenge of matching LeBron in the 2014 Finals as a third-year player.

We also had our fair share of grinders and enforcers too....Mario Ellie, Stephen Jackson, Kevin Willis, Tony Massenburg, Robert "Hip-check" Horry, Big Dog Glenn Robinson....all guys who weren't afraid to mix it up if needed.

Just once, I would like Lonnie to act like Parker and try to OVER-assert himself for better or worse.

I'm all for getting high character guys in our small market situation, but you're not gonna win a lot of compe ive games if EVERYONE on the team is acting like a boy scout.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bro, I meant "Selfish" when I said "ego". Yes I love Manu's "ego" but always have team success in his mind.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was not a fan of JJ. I wanted Sengun. I felt like he was the safest pick in the 1st round. He might have the most potential upside, but he would be a solid potential double double guy for a decade or so. He already has a nice low post game, along with a decent outside shot. He may not be the best defender, but he does give effort, and being alongside Poeltl would help him tremendously on that end.

Unfortunately, instead of going for a needed Big, we went for another guard. Now we just have to hope Cousin develops
    I like Sengun too. he will score a lot of points. But he will likely be driven by again and again by quick guards. In todays' NBA, even Duncan is not as successful as before. Plus, Sengun doesn't have a 3 point shot yet. He may develop based on his free throw percentage. But he may not. Primo can already make deep 3s. That's the difference in Brian Wright's mind I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, I meant "Selfish" when I said "ego". Yes I love Manu's "ego" but always have team success in his mind.
    I know what you meant. I'm not saying that we need to bring in any headcases or anything, but frankly...this team could someone with a little bit more force on it. You don't become one of the greats without having a little bit of that edge to you.

Our biggest leader right now is probably Dejounte, and he gets butthurt when anybody makes a snide remark on Instagram.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know what you meant. I'm not saying that we need to bring in any headcases or anything, but frankly...this team could someone with a little bit more force on it. You don't become one of the greats without having a little bit of that edge to you.

Our biggest leader right now is probably Dejounte, and he gets butthurt when anybody makes a snide remark on Instagram.
    Spurs fans were just lucky having the best character guys, Iceman, DRob, Timmy, Manu, Tony. Damn lucky. But great players like MJ, Kobe were a$$holes. I mean much respect, that’s part of them being an alpha. Doncic is another one, and I don’t doubt he’ll be great with what he’s shown so far at a very early age. But do Spurs should shy away from a$$holes when they have star quality?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans were just lucky having the best character guys, Iceman, DRob, Timmy, Manu, Tony. Damn lucky. But great players like MJ, Kobe were a$$holes. I mean much respect, that’s part of them being an alpha. Doncic is another one, and I don’t doubt he’ll be great with what he’s shown so far at a very early age. But do Spurs should shy away from a$$holes when they have star quality?
    You make the question very tough for me. I honestly don't know who to pick if both Kobe and Manu are available. But I definitely don't want guys like Stephen Jackson who threw tantrum at the most important time of the season. If he hed his ego in check, we may have beat Heat in 2013.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make the question very tough for me. I honestly don't know who to pick if both Kobe and Manu are available. But I definitely don't want guys like Stephen Jackson who threw tantrum at the most important time of the season. If he hed his ego in check, we may have beat Heat in 2013.
    I mean except for that 1996 injury, that’s 32 years of continued excellence. Some of the ST fans were probably not born yet. Sometimes I feel ST fans are just damn naive, spoiled. We’ve been safe in a cocoon. It’s not the Spurs way. But it’s the only way that they know. We picked a “mute” and thought we’re lucky we got another Timmy, until he stabbed us in the back and set the house on fire. We passed on opportunities like Jalen Johnson because of his character issues. Simmons, because he’s a diva. Spurs were lucky with DRob and Timmy that kept the franchise steady. But how many DRob and Timmy are out there? Seriously, Spurs way would’ve picked Sam Bowie or Hakeem over MJ, tbh.
    Last edited by John B; 08-15-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have chickens.
    Good to know...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean except for that 1996 injury, that’s 32 years of continued excellence. Some of the ST fans were probably not born yet. Sometimes I feel ST fans are just damn naive, spoiled. We’ve been safe in a cocoon. It’s not the Spurs way. But it’s the only way that they know. We picked a “mute” and thought we’re lucky we got another Timmy, until he stabbed us in the back and set the house on fire. We passed on opportunities like Jalen Johnson because of his character issues. Simmons, because he’s a diva. Spurs were lucky with DRob and Timmy that kept the franchise steady. But how many DRob and Timmy are out there? Seriously, Spurs way would’ve picked Sam Bowie or Hakeem over MJ, tbh.
    Jordan was a bad person. Right? he respected coach and teammates. Yes he became more arrogant later on. But not bad at all.

Curious how teams assess character issues. Maybe they first get a raw score of each prospect based on talent and skill. Then discount based on character? Say violence 50% discount; disrespect toward coach 25%; disrespect toward teammates 15%; Did anyone hear anything like this from recruiters?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Any chances Pop lets Lonnie hit free agency? Peep this:

$30M is damn near a max salary slot. I wonder who Pop will be targeting? Hmmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chances Pop lets Lonnie hit free agency? Peep this:

$30M is damn near a max salary slot. I wonder who Pop will be targeting? Hmmmm
    Brent Forms tbh

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In todays' NBA, even Duncan is not as successful as before.
    sigh

duncan was big fast smart with excellent hand-eye coordination and ruthless determination

If we imagine Duncan entered Wake Forest 4 years ago and was training with "today's NBA" in mind -- I have no doubt that he would have mastered the skills needed to dominate, including 3 point shooting. And while we're playing "what if" we can say that he'd get the benefit of advanced medicine and maybe he wouldn't have hurt his knee.

also a player as elite as duncan not only adjusts to the game, he changes the game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sigh

duncan was big fast smart with excellent hand-eye coordination and ruthless determination

If we imagine Duncan entered Wake Forest 4 years ago and was training with "today's NBA" in mind -- I have no doubt that he would have mastered the skills needed to dominate, including 3 point shooting. And while we're playing "what if" we can say that he'd get the benefit of advanced medicine and maybe he wouldn't have hurt his knee.

also a player as elite as duncan not only adjusts to the game, he changes the game
    I'm mostly agree actually. Duncan is a super wise guy and I agree he can adjust. Sorry my post was based on the true Duncan who doesn't have super lateral quickness and doesn't have a 3 pt shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm mostly agree actually. Duncan is a super wise guy and I agree he can adjust. Sorry my post was based on the true Duncan who doesn't have super lateral quickness and doesn't have a 3 pt shot.
    When your wingspan is 7’4”, the lateral quickness matters a bit less. He never had an issue getting anyone’s shot, including super stars. Most of them stopped attacking him directly on defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When your wingspan is 7’4”, the lateral quickness matters a bit less. He never had an issue getting anyone’s shot, including super stars. Most of them stopped attacking him directly on defense.
    7'5'' . . . NBA: Tim Duncan brings hope to hometown hit hard by hurricanes (espn.com.au)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hand-check is no longer allowed bro. I'm a big fan of Duncan. I named myself Tim after Duncan. But the game has changed. I hate that. But the reality is Duncan will be driven by quick guards again and again in today's NBA. I was arguing why FO didn't pick Sengun. Near basket skills alone is no longer enough these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hand-check is no longer allowed bro. I'm a big fan of Duncan. I named myself Tim after Duncan. But the game has changed. I hate that. But the reality is Duncan will be driven by quick guards again and again in today's NBA. I was arguing why FO didn't pick Sengun. Near basket skills alone is no longer enough these days.
    You legally changed your name to Tim?

Thread Information