Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Martin is easily my least favorite Spur ever. DeMar could literally shoot up the team at practice and not draw as much ire as Martin did.
    So after making funny comments about DeRozan. What is your honest opinion on DD right now? not the playoffs, not the future nor the past. NOW?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So after making funny comments about DeRozan. What is your honest opinion on DD right now? not the playoffs, not the future nor the past. NOW?
    On the playoffs: Kawhi had his share of post-season duds too. RealGMers kept spamming his stats without looking at the individual games. I'm not really holding the playoffs against DeMar.

Anyway, I think he's the guy the Spurs needed to replace Tony Parker. I think/hope that as time goes on, Pop actually starts leveraging DeRozan's ability more rather than letting him just do whatever. I've seen DeMar playing Tony's role in the Zipper series recently. That's a great fit for him, though his lack of speed compared to Prime Tony will be a hindrance to making that a stable of the offense again. He and LMA should be able to work together to get even better than they have been, and DeRozan and Pau have potential if they can get the PnP working. DeRozan's not Kawhi, though. Fans comparing the two are kidding themselves. Leonard is the better player. Moreover, they just do different things on the court. Kawhi's defense and shooting are not something DeMar can replicate. Leonard's iso and transition scoring are still a cut above. Especially without Murray, the rebounding difference is obvious. The Spurs still need to find a way to replace Kawhi -- not replace his star impact, but to find a guy who can do the things that Leonard did outside of the star aspects. They've FINALLY have the guard I wanted them to get for years, but now they don't have the wings I wanted to pair with that guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the playoffs: Kawhi had his share of post-season duds too. RealGMers kept spamming his stats without looking at the individual games. I'm not really holding the playoffs against DeMar.

Anyway, I think he's the guy the Spurs needed to replace Tony Parker. I think/hope that as time goes on, Pop actually starts leveraging DeRozan's ability more rather than letting him just do whatever. I've seen DeMar playing Tony's role in the Zipper series recently. That's a great fit for him, though his lack of speed compared to Prime Tony will be a hindrance to making that a stable of the offense again. He and LMA should be able to work together to get even better than they have been, and DeRozan and Pau have potential if they can get the PnP working. DeRozan's not Kawhi, though. Fans comparing the two are kidding themselves. Leonard is the better player. Moreover, they just do different things on the court. Kawhi's defense and shooting are not something DeMar can replicate. Leonard's iso and transition scoring are still a cut above. Especially without Murray, the rebounding difference is obvious. The Spurs still need to find a way to replace Kawhi -- not replace his star impact, but to find a guy who can do the things that Leonard did outside of the star aspects. They've FINALLY have the guard I wanted them to get for years, but now they don't have the wings I wanted to pair with that guard.
    Demar’s role on the team righ now is like kawhi’s role in 2016-2017 ..an alpha role..don’t degrade demar’s role to porker’s role because their playing style are different..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar’s role on the team righ now is like kawhi’s role in 2016-2017 ..an alpha role..don’t degrade demar’s role to porker’s role because their playing style are different..
    "Alpha" isn't a role, at least not one you can build a system around. There's no reason to about Tony here. Any Spurs fans should understand how critical he was to the offense in his prime. Leonard never reached the same heights of integration and leverage than Tony had. DeRozan has that chance, "Alpha" or no.

A DeRozan and Prime Parker were much more similar than DeRozan and Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

appreciate your honest input.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Alpha" isn't a role, at least not one you can build a system around. There's no reason to about Tony here. Any Spurs fans should understand how critical he was to the offense in his prime. Leonard never reached the same heights of integration and leverage than Tony had. DeRozan has that chance, "Alpha" or no.

A DeRozan and Prime Parker were much more similar than DeRozan and Kawhi.
    nope..derozan and kawhi is more similar.. they have the same role.. difference is their playing style..demar can post up too like kawhi..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope..derozan and kawhi is much more similar.. they have the same role.. difference is their playing style..demar can post up too like kawhi..
    They're both similar for sure. One is the better rebounder/defender and one is a better play maker. One is a better mid range shooter and drawing fouls, one is a better 3pt shooter.

Other than that, they are very capable of putting up 25/5/5 on any given night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're both similar for sure. One is the better rebounder/defender and one is a better play maker. One is a better mid range shooter and drawing fouls, one is a better 3pt shooter.
    kawhi is also good at midrange same as demar..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan is da truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope..derozan and kawhi is more similar.. they have the same role.. difference is their playing style..demar can post up too like kawhi..
    "Being good" isn't a role. Anyway, Tony was also "good"; he was also "an alpha". I get you apparently hate him, but I'm not trying to play that. Objectively, Tony played a huge part in the Spurs' offense in his prime. How sets were design, how plays were run, they all had Tony and his attributes in mind. Kawhi could never do what Tony did. It was one of the reasons why the offense with DeRozan looks so good in comparison. Kawhi couldn't and honestly wasn't expected to do Tony things, because Pop was still clinging to hope that Tony could still do those things long after most of us had given up hope. DeRozan isn't doing Kawhi things. Maybe Gay is doing some of those things. DeRozan is doing the things Tony used to do. Yes their styles are different. DeRozan is bigger while Tony was faster. But how Pop actually wants them to operate in the offense is the same, and it's not like Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porke is not an alpha, Timmy is..what I’m trying to say is demAr’s game is more of a kawhi game than tony.. demar is now the alpha like kawhi 2 years ago..

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally would want Kevin Martin back over him.
    You've gone off the deep end, Rob. Dude is a 28-percent three-point shooter and was 80th in the league in defensive RPM among two-guards this past year. Never took you for one who would be suckered in by iso play, man. Disappointed.
    I don't think people realize how much fool's gold DeRozan is. He's the two-guard version of Carlos Boozer -- at best.
    no to DeRozan. High volume, low efficiency, can't shoot 3, already have a guy at his position.

Why even consider it?
    good takes from the usuals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh boyle.. I found this on accident while trying to look up what gnsf meant of all things it's all in good fun and very light hearted. I'm no hater, just having fun with the regulars.
    don't hold back. roast the resident armchair GMs like no other.

but but here's a detailed explanation of bird rights vs MLEeeeeee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the top worst posters in here

tienes razon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Martin? Two guard version of Carlos Boozer? How the the can you call these takes. They're more like a series of mini strokes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh boyle.. I found this on accident while trying to look up what gnsf meant of all things it's all in good fun and very light hearted. I'm no hater, just having fun with the regulars.
    raybies -- gnsf = gray named spurs fan

foolish "veteran" posters thought that getting one's name bolded was a sign of superiority. i teengk it was bc kori (or timvp) was honoring mass requests to change usernames (or some ) and bolded ones they changed in order to keep track of them. or something to that effect

Kori Ellis or timvp can give the authoritative explanation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prime parker was 10x the alpha Kawhi ever was this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prime parker was 10x the alpha Kawhi ever was this team

nah, he is a coatrider of Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porke is not an alpha, Timmy is..what I’m trying to say is demAr’s game is more of a kawhi game than tony.. demar is now the alpha like kawhi 2 years ago..
    What’s your definition of Alpha? Because Tony is an Alpha. Have you seen highlights of prime Parker? He could ing score under trees. The guy was fearless. Directed then already champ Duncan and called him “Timmy”, a rookie and 19? Believe me, Tony’s an Alpha. You can’t be the general of four championships team if you’re not. Kawhi, however great a player he is, is NOT an alpha. He could not lead a team. Lowry is the vocal leader of the Raptors. Kawhi would always need a leader, not him, to lead. Being a cold assassin doesn’t make him an alpha. He lacks the leadership, the will to overcome insurmountable challenge. The guy doesn’t even have the balls to say “hey I don’t want it here.” He hides and let other people talk for him. That was not being an alpha. It takes more than scoring to be an alpha. It takes at ude to get him over the edge. Kawhi is a ing-good-player, but to me, he’s not an alpha.

If you’re making comparison, Demar’s game is neither of these two. Tony relied on speed, floaters and finishing under the rim. Kawhi was looking to score not pass. Demar is averaging 8 assist and moves like butter. The closest Spur comparison to me was Gervin, a smooooth scorer who worked in the mid-range, layups. He’ll pick his spot and score like Demar.

If you meant who’s the closer (not alpha). It’s Demar. Before it was more like Manu the way he could score in different ways and such a clutch and could get fouled and very good free throw shooter. Watch Spurs highlights, you would see it was mostly Ginobili. Peace

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s your definition of Alpha? Because Tony is an Alpha. Have you seen highlights of prime Parker? He could ing score under trees. The guy was fearless. Directed then already champ Duncan and called him “Timmy”, a rookie and 19? Believe me, Tony’s an Alpha. You can’t be the general of four championships team if you’re not. Kawhi, however great a player he is, is NOT an alpha. He could not lead a team. Lowry is the vocal leader of the Raptors. Kawhi would always need a leader, not him, to lead. Being a cold assassin doesn’t make him an alpha. He lacks the leadership, the will to overcome insurmountable challenge. The guy doesn’t even have the balls to say “hey I don’t want it here.” He hides and let other people talk for him. That was not being an alpha. It takes more than scoring to be an alpha. It takes at ude to get him over the edge. Kawhi is a ing-good-player, but to me, he’s not an alpha.

If you’re making comparison, Demar’s game is neither of these two. Tony relied on speed, floaters and finishing under the rim. Kawhi was looking to score not pass. Demar is averaging 8 assist and moves like butter. The closest Spur comparison to me was Gervin, a smooooth scorer who worked in the mid-range, layups. He’ll pick his spot and score like Demar.

If you meant who’s the closer (not alpha). It’s Demar. Before it was more like Manu the way he could score in different ways and such a clutch and could get fouled and very good free throw shooter. Watch Spurs highlights, you would see it was mostly Ginobili. Peace

porker and ginobili are not superstars..tbh..you are an idiot if you think they are..Duncan carried those 2 to 3 les..their 4th le is a team effort but still Duncan is the superstar of that 2014 team..

Even in 2015 still a 39 year old Duncan is their best player..when Duncan retired in 2016 he basically gave that alpha role to kawhi..
    Last edited by skin27; 11-02-2018 at 01:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    porker and ginobili are not superstars..tbh..you are an idiot if you think they are..Duncan carried those 2 to 3 les..their 4th le is a team effort but still Duncan is the superstar of that 2014 team..

Even in 2015 still a 39 year old Duncan is their best player..when Duncan retired in 2016 he basically gave that alpha role to kawhi..
    I don't even... Tim hadn't be the first option for years before Leonard was even drafted. He didn't lead the team in scoring, attempts or touches. What does it even mean to be "alpha" as an offensive role if Old Tim was that? Is DeRozan playing the same role as 2014 Tim? I think it's hard to argue that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I’m an idiot, you’re an imbecile. Nowhere in my long narrative did I call Tony and Ginobili superstars. Again you’re mixing definitions. An Alpha does not mean superstar. It’s a state of mind, an at ude to win. A leadership skill. Which Kawhitter doesn’t have, my point. I don’t believe Manu and Tony were superstars (franchise players as most would define). Of the entire Spurs players, only David, Timmy and maybe Gervin. But alpha, yes. Because Manu and Tony had the leadership, tenacity to win against odds. But if you say Duncan was the “superstar” of the 2014 championship, I’m going to stop arguing with you. You just said it was a team effort. As much as I hate Kawhitter, his pesky defense limited Lebron and disrupted heat’s offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't hold back. roast the resident armchair GMs like no other.

but but here's a detailed explanation of bird rights vs MLEeeeeee
    You sound majorly butt-hurt. "OMG, some guy online shares his opinion and provides some facts! Gotta take it as an insult on my worth and stew in the corner until I can find a time to laugh!"

It's lame, bro. I've been wrong plenty. Anyone who's contributed to this forum has. Nothing wrong with that, and maybe there's nothing wrong with looking back and laughing at what other people thought. But there's a ton wrong with being bitter about people posting when they aren't doing anything to you, and there's so much more wrong with the "I don't really care; I just like to laugh at folks who do dumb " at ude you're trying to effect. Like you clearly care; you post an average of 50-something times a year, and you decided to use one on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even... Tim hadn't be the first option for years before Leonard was even drafted. He didn't lead the team in scoring, attempts or touches. What does it even mean to be "alpha" as an offensive role if Old Tim was that? Is DeRozan playing the same role as 2014 Tim? I think it's hard to argue that.
    because pop limited duncan’s Minutes..and Duncan is unselfish superstar..but still Duncan is their spurstar and their leader back then and they go To him if nothing is going right especially in the playoffs..

that resting bull is the thing i don’t want to happen to derozan..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because pop limited duncan’s Minutes..and Duncan is unselfish superstar..but still Duncan is their spurstar and they go To him if nothing is going right especially in the playoffs..

that resting bull is the thing i don’t want to happen to derozan..
    The Spurs ran their offense through Parker in Parker's prime. That's not something in the realm of fandom. It's just what the Spurs did after 2007 or so. Duncan may have been their best player (and in fact he was when looking at the whole game), but he was not their first option. Parker lead the team in touches, and he led the team in touches per minute (not counting garbage-time players like Mills in 2011-2012). The team's main sets revolved around either Parker getting the ball or Parker being the decoy for someone else to get the ball. Parker was the "alpha" in anyway you can use that term to describe an offensive scheme.

Thread Information