Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't watch much college ball tbh...not my thing but I hear all the hype is with simmons. Personally, if I'm the Lakers I take Ingram since Simmons is dying to be a Laker. Let him go to Philly and grow a few years then we'll get him when he's in his prime. It's how we always do things tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll get who the 6ers don't want, tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let somebody else buy it.

We need another Swaggy P like & needs a road trip to that cement pond up in Oklahoma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers need a legit center. Everything else is floating around already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Life just continues to suck for Spursfan. We'll be ringing again very soon. While you guys are the new Utah Jazz... lol, my stomach hurts... lol???

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Whoever Philly passes up on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever Philly passes up on
    Good times are a coming, Venti.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let somebody else buy it.

We need another Swaggy P like & needs a road trip to that cement pond up in Oklahoma.
    Dude, you're grouchy when you're not on top.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude, you're grouchy when you're not on top.
    WTF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons wants some kind of shoe deal from Nike and is heavily pursuing the Lakers

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...ign-shoe-deal/
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...ail&soc_trk=ma

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I like Simmons but I'd be cool with Ingram. Are there any injured centers the Sixers can draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not trading anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a perimeter players league that is bent on scorers

lakers should draft a chucker scorer, and then fill the remaining spots to build around him...

are they still building around a snitch?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a perimeter players league that is bent on scorers

lakers should draft a chucker scorer, and then fill the remaining spots to build around him...

are they still building around a snitch?
    They`ll max out DeRozan so chucker legacy will continue

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good times are a coming, Venti.
    Once Durant or George come, bench players will be lining up so Luke hopefully can build a 2nd unit

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is what I was alluding to in the other thread. His agent will pull a power move and force him to LA. He'd have too much to lose (literally and monetarily) by going to Philly.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I think it depends on what the Lakers are planning for the rest of their off season plans.

If the Lakers are looking to get back into contention immediately and spend their money on a couple of marquee free agents, then I think they would hope for Ingram. While Simmons might have the NBA body right now and a higher ceiling, I think Ingram can contribute at a high level for a winning team right now as a complementary piece, as a supporting role player. If he's only asked to hit open jumpers as a third or fourth option and play tough defense, I think Ingram can handle that and do it well.

If the Lakers are going to blow it all up and start completely from scratch, then I think they hope for Simmons and gameplan for the next couple seasons to continue to be bad or perhaps average in terms of team record. But if they pick Simmons, then they have to make him "the guy" they build around. Then they do what Cleveland did with LeBron and give him the keys to the franchise, play him 35+ minutes a game regardless of how well or poorly he does and don't worry about wins or losses, only his development. The risk obviously is that he may not be superstar material. He has the type of talent to be like a Tracy McGrady but also has the bust potential of a Michael Beasley. In between, maybe he's a Lamar Odom type which I've seen suggested in other threads. That's not bad at all, but it's also not the type of career arc you want from a #1 overall who is perceived to have superstar potential.

If I'm the Lakers, I actually probably prefer Simmons just because with their long history of superstars and this opportunity this high in the draft, you hope for another one. Not just an all star, not just a great player. But the type of superstar who has the ability to be great, help make his team great, and help his team get in position to win championships. While I probably agree that Ingram might be the better player right now, there is legitimate potential that Simmons could become a superstar type player in the league. I think that's what the Lakers need more than just a really good player like Ingram.

Ultimately, who the Lakers and their fans want doesn't matter since who the Lakers get depends entirely on the Sixers and who they select first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it depends on what the Lakers are planning for the rest of their off season plans.

If the Lakers are looking to get back into contention immediately and spend their money on a couple of marquee free agents, then I think they would hope for Ingram. While Simmons might have the NBA body right now and a higher ceiling, I think Ingram can contribute at a high level for a winning team right now as a complementary piece, as a supporting role player. If he's only asked to hit open jumpers as a third or fourth option and play tough defense, I think Ingram can handle that and do it well.

If the Lakers are going to blow it all up and start completely from scratch, then I think they hope for Simmons and gameplan for the next couple seasons to continue to be bad or perhaps average in terms of team record. But if they pick Simmons, then they have to make him "the guy" they build around. Then they do what Cleveland did with LeBron and give him the keys to the franchise, play him 35+ minutes a game regardless of how well or poorly he does and don't worry about wins or losses, only his development. The risk obviously is that he may not be superstar material. He has the type of talent to be like a Tracy McGrady but also has the bust potential of a Michael Beasley. In between, maybe he's a Lamar Odom type which I've seen suggested in other threads. That's not bad at all, but it's also not the type of career arc you want from a #1 overall who is perceived to have superstar potential.

If I'm the Lakers, I actually probably prefer Simmons just because with their long history of superstars and this opportunity this high in the draft, you hope for another one. Not just an all star, not just a great player. But the type of superstar who has the ability to be great, help make his team great, and help his team get in position to win championships. While I probably agree that Ingram might be the better player right now, there is legitimate potential that Simmons could become a superstar type player in the league. I think that's what the Lakers need more than just a really good player like Ingram.

Ultimately, who the Lakers and their fans want doesn't matter since who the Lakers get depends entirely on the Sixers and who they select first.
    Blow what up/ We only have six ing players... four of them were rookies. We have a clean slate with the perfect players coming out of college to build our future around, We're not trading a damn thing unless its for Lebron or Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blow what up/ We only have six ing players... four of them were rookies. We have a clean slate with the perfect players coming out of college to build our future around, We're not trading a damn thing unless its for Lebron or Durant.
    That's what you think. The Lakers don't develop guys. They have to have top level talent to be compe ive. The fans won't stand for rebuilding.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's what you think. The Lakers don't develop guys. They have to have top level talent to be compe ive. The fans won't stand for rebuilding.
    Now you sound like Midst.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

now on this ...we agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    roflmao u think 6 of ur players in any package is worth a durant or lebron deal? the only chance of getting either player is through FA, no way some team is going to accept a trade for trash ... no.2 pick is not going to get a trade done... no player wants to go play with a rookie in a rebuilding mode, those top FA players are in win mode now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you sound like Midst.
    This is proven throughout Lakers history. What rebuilding period have they gone through where they didn't reach out and acquire top level talent to get them over the hump?

Just in the last two decades you've had Shaq, Howard, Gasol, Artest, Nash, Malone and Payton signed as free agents. You didn't draft Kobe Bryant. Magic, Worthy, Baylor, West, those were all drafted and none of those are walking through that door in uniform.

So basically none of your success in the past 16 years has come as a result of drafting good players. You could argue that's because you weren't high enough in the draft to get one. I'd argue that there were only a few available and only one or two that could have made a significant difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    roflmao u think 6 of ur players in any package is worth a durant or lebron deal? the only chance of getting either player is through FA, no way some team is going to accept a trade for trash ... no.2 pick is not going to get a trade done... no player wants to go play with a rookie in a rebuilding mode, those top FA players are in win mode now
    There's going to be a half life for the post Kobe era where good free agents don't want to come in under the "you're not Kobe" umbrella, have him commenting via Twitter on all your games, have him courtside judging you and hearing all the bull . Also, if Jim is going to be gone and Jeanie is taking over, just wait until that settles out to see how it plays out. The organization is still a ing reality TV mess since Dr Buss died.

Thread Information