Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Dame and CJ went to the WCF.

What has DeRozan and LMA done together as a duo? Perennial first round exits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be LMA>>>>>>>Dame>>>>>>>>DeRozan>CJ.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I really meant tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true that Lillard and CJ get the hype, but that's because Curry and Klay got the media rolling on "dynamic duos" at the guard positions. That became a regular topic among the sports talking heads.

Lillard and CJ score well. But their combined 50 pts only puts the team halfway toward a win, in even a low scoring game. Still gotta have 5 on a team, contributing, and more, with the bench. Two of James Harden would not win many games by themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always said if we had traded Kawhi at the first sign of his bull , we probably could have gotten Dame and CJ for him. Dame, CJ, LMA, Murray, White, Gay. Pretty decent playoff team (not the best, but decent). But PATFO tried to work with Kawhi, and that proved to be the wrong thing to do as he tanked his trade value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dame is also 4-5 years younger than aldridge... mccollum only a couple younger than derozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true that Lillard and CJ get the hype, but that's because Curry and Klay got the media rolling on "dynamic duos" at the guard positions. That became a regular topic among the sports talking heads.

Lillard and CJ score well. But their combined 50 pts only puts the team halfway toward a win, in even a low scoring game. Still gotta have 5 on a team, contributing, and more, with the bench. Two of James Harden would not win many games by themselves.
    Dame and CJ would be great on a team with a defensive coach (Rivers) and a bunch of elite role players (Clippers last year). They provide the scoring mid-game (CJ) and in the clutch (Dame), where the hustle and defense guys hold the other team under their average. But scoring alone never works out in the end (see Rockettes)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing about LaMarcus, he can carry a team throughout the regular season. Not even AD has proven to be able to do that. LA is one of the most underrated star players to be honest.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing about LaMarcus, he can carry a team throughout the regular season. Not even AD has proven to be able to do that. LA is one of the most underrated star players to be honest.
    You're one of the few posters who has an accurate assessment of LA. Most people on here claim he's a bum who will have your team in the lottery as the best player. However history says otherwise considering he has only missed the playoffs twice in his 14 year career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, except for the good coaching part
    Don't listen to all the noise, I remember Bill Simmons and Lowe, at the beginning of the season looking back at last year, were in awe on how we made the playoffs and took Denver to a game 7 with that team.

Like I said, DeMar and LaMarcus are not top8 in the west as a duo, and the rest of our team is old vets past their prime like Patty and Rudy or young unproven players like Jakob, Bryn, and Derrick.

Change the coaching staff and we are like MIN or Pels

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dame and CJ went to the WCF.

What has DeRozan and LMA done together as a duo? Perennial first round exits
    Probably trolling, but even so, this is the worst kind of comment: spouting results without context.

Perennial isn't possible when they've played one playoff together.

Lillard and McCollum only went to the WCF because of the side of the bracket they lucked into on the final day of the regular season. Sure, the Spurs did too, but they had a better fitting roster and more continuity. Also, of the 3 series the 2 teams played, 2 were true coin flips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you replace DeRozan with Lillard? Cause i'd do it every time wtf
    Lillard/White/Walker/Aldridge/jakob(lyles?)
    Is a better line up and a top 5 seed at the least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't listen to all the noise, I remember Bill Simmons and Lowe, at the beginning of the season looking back at last year, were in awe on how we made the playoffs and took Denver to a game 7 with that team.

Like I said, DeMar and LaMarcus are not top8 in the west as a duo, and the rest of our team is old vets past their prime like Patty and Rudy or young unproven players like Jakob, Bryn, and Derrick.

So the rotations that pop has been throwing out there have been great? Yes, the roster is garbage but doesn’t pop have some ownership in the roster acquisitions?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're one of the few posters who has an accurate assessment of LA. Most people on here claim he's a bum who will have your team in the lottery as the best player. However history says otherwise considering he has only missed the playoffs twice in his 14 year career.
    The biggest weakness of LMA is his mentality, he could lose focus and become disinterested in some games and that is the main difference that seperate him from a good player from a great player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest weakness of LMA is his mentality, he could lose focus and become disinterested in some games and that is the main difference that seperate him as a good player from a great player.
    Last edited by XDT76; 01-02-2020 at 07:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great player, he's just not Duncan. That's why Spurs fans are so disappointed in him and I think that's an unfair comparison since Duncan is one of the 5 best players ever. Hard to fill those shoes, but I can't see anybody doing a better job than LA. He also belongs in the conversation of best big of the decade since his entire prime was basically from 2010 to 2020, yet most people got AD in the line up who made the playoffs once. LaMarcus on the Blazers was top 5 in MVP voting, people forget that

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great player, he's just not Duncan. That's why Spurs fans are so disappointed in him and I think that's an unfair comparison since Duncan is one of the 5 best players ever. Hard to fill those shoes, but I can't see anybody doing a better job than LA. He also belongs in the conversation of best big of the decade since his entire prime was basically from 2010 to 2020, yet most people got AD in the line up who made the playoffs once. LaMarcus on the Blazers was top 5 in MVP voting, people forget that
    I think people unfairly judge him for that 2017 WCF. The dude was being triple teamed and he folded but a lot people act like he was really suppose to have.a chance at defeating the Warriors without Kawhi.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No we aren't, tbh. Spurs also have much better drafting and development departments, and consistently make great value out of low draft picks, where perennial bottom feeders/bad teams like Min or Pels repeatedly either pick busts/bad prospects or fail to bring out the talent of their good picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree with a lot of this. but his pouting can get bad too, and we've seen games where he's lazy on defense because he isnt getting muh touches on offense. that kind of is unbearable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No we aren't, tbh. Spurs also have much better drafting and development departments, and consistently make great value out of low draft picks, where perennial bottom feeders/bad teams like Min or Pels repeatedly either pick busts/bad prospects or fail to bring out the talent of their good picks.
    Development is coaching, not sure what your point is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the rotations that pop has been throwing out there have been great? Yes, the roster is garbage but doesn’t pop have some ownership in the roster acquisitions?
    Rotations are above my understanding as a fan. If the roster is garbage and we make the playoffs year after year, then I trust that Pop knows what he is doing.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rotations are above my understanding as a fan. If the roster is garbage and we make the playoffs year after year, then I trust that Pop knows what he is doing.

Mister Holt, you know the doctor said you shouldn't get all worked up. Now come back to the room. It's almost time for Wheel of Fortune.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ppl 9n here defending LMA? The dude is trash... Carmelo Anthony also made playoffs most of his career... U want him on our team too? LMA is a pouty selfish player that can't carry any team in the playoffs as the first or second option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop clearly doesn't know what he's doing and has even said so in interviews. You should absolutely not trust him

Thread Information