Post Count
    So are Bill Kristol, Joe Scarborough, and Max Boot

You didn’t explain your theory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn’t explain your theory.
    Not my theory.

You should stock up on antidepressants for the Mueller report, btw.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not my theory.

You should stock up on antidepressants for the Mueller report, btw.
    You said Trump haters. So what’s your theory.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But Trump-hating friends of Comey acting in bad faith? That's just next level tinfoil nuttery.
    Yes, actually.

Why start a counterintel investigation when you know nothing will come of it?

Explain your conspiracy theory, Darrin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, actually.

Why start a counterintel investigation when you know nothing will come of it?

I would hope an investigation would be launched by good intel and not shady oppo research. It's embarrassing. We're supposed to have the best tech, spycraft, statecraft, etc., but we're relying on the dossier? Wtf

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I would hope an investigation would be launched by good intel and not shady oppo research. It's embarrassing. We're supposed to have the best tech, spycraft, statecraft, etc., but we're relying on the dossier? Wtf
    We're not, Derwood. You really haven't been paying attention to anything, have you?

You aren't even talking about this investigation.

Why start a counterintel investigation after Comey's firing when you know nothing will come of it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump ‘is a clear and present danger’ to national security’: Ex-DOJ counterintelligence head

David Laufman served as a federal prosecutor and ran the D.O.J.’s counterintelligence division at the time the FBI, ... began a
    counterintelligence investigation into President Trump.

“It was a tipping point, among the data points we’re familiar with through the public actions of the special counsel, other investigative reporting,” he explained.

“I spent 25 years in public service, mostly in the national security space and I feel I have a moral obligation to speak up when I see action taken by the president or the members of the administration that in my judgment undermine the national security of the United States.”

“The notion that the president of the united states would be trying to conceal details of conversations with a leader of our principle foreign adversary was positively chilling,”

“I think there’s a culmination of things we can point to in the public record now,

the unbelievable acquiescence to Vladimir Putin in Helsinki,

that was positively shocking to those of us who worked in the national security,

all of the charging do ents,

people associated with the president,

all of those point to a reasonable inference —

and it’s a painful anguishing thing to acknowledge — that

the president of the United States is a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , not Maddow!

It's all over, folks.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , not Maddow!

It's all over, folks.
    None of those quotes is from Maddow.

I'm a loser
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of those quotes is from Maddow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump reportedly keeps threatening to pull the U.S. out of NATO. Coincidentally, that's Putin's No. 1 goal.

President Trump told aides numerous times last year that he wants to pull the U.S. out of NATO, essentially destroying the 70-year-old military alliance between the U.S., Canada, and Europe,

Weakening or neutering NATO is perhaps

the top geopolitical goal of Russian President Vladimir Putin

and Trump's "repeatedly stated desire to withdraw from NATO is raising new worries among national security officials

Mr. Trump's skepticism of NATO appears to be a core belief,

administration officials said,

akin to his desire to expropriate Iraq's oil.

While officials have explained multiple times why the United States cannot take Iraq's oil, Mr. Trump returns to the issue every few months.

Similarly, just when officials think the issue of NATO membership has been settled, Mr. Trump again brings up his desire to leave the alliance.

"Even discussing the idea of leaving NATO — let alone actually doing so — would be the gift of the century for Putin."

"the wildest success that Vladimir Putin could dream of."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/81768...history-lesson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NATO scrapped 70-year anniversary planned for DC —

because of Donald Trump

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/nat...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What are one-on-one pull asides?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

probably the worst possible thing imaginable

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

It's a Muslim thing of course.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Here Darrin, let this article hold your hand.

https://www.politico.eu/article/donl...s-a-big-no-no/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David French argues authority for the FBI CI investigation of Donald Trump comes from an executive order (EO 12333) and was properly predicated based on the following FBI definition of counter-intelligence, which place the focus on the efforts of foreign powers:

Counterintelligence means information gathered and activities conducted to identify, deceive, exploit, disrupt, or protect against espionage, other intelligence activities, sabotage, or assassinations conducted for or on behalf of foreign powers, organizations, or persons, or their agents, or international terrorist organizations or activities.
    The FBI's responsibilities therein are described thus:

(g) INTELLIGENCE ELEMENTS OF THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION. Under the supervision of the Attorney General and pursuant to such regulations as the Attorney General may establish, the intelligence elements of the Federal Bureau of Investigation shall:

(1) Collect (including through clandestine means), analyze, produce, and disseminate foreign intelligence and counterintelligence to support national and departmental missions, in accordance with procedural guidelines approved by the Attorney General, after consultation with the Director;

(2) Conduct counterintelligence activities; and

(3) Conduct foreign intelligence and counterintelligence liaison relationships with intelligence, security, and law enforcement services of foreign governments or international organizations in accordance with sections 1.3(b)(4) and 1.7(a)(6) of this order.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...nt-and-proper/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for now, this executive edict exists, and it specifically orders the FBI to carry out its part of the American counterintelligence mission.

Why emphasize this order? Because it helps us understand why the FBI would believe it had the authority and responsibility to allegedly open a counterintelligence investigation of the president.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Russia has engaged in “espionage” or “other intelligence activities” to induce the president (knowingly or unknowingly) to act on its behalf, then those actions (and their effects) are within the scope of the FBI’s mission. It’s black-letter law under a currently operative presidential order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mueller Draft Report Says Trump 'Helped Putin Destabilize the United States', Watergate Journalist S [View all]
    Source: Newsweek

Mueller Draft Report Says Trump 'Helped Putin Destabilize the United States', Watergate Journalist Says

Legendary journalist Carl Bernstein has said that he’s been told that special counsel Robert Mueller’s report will show how President Donald Trump helped Russia “destabilize the United States.”

Bernstein, who is renowned for his coverage of the Watergate scandal that led to the resignation of former President Richard Nixon, appeared on CNN’s Reliable Sources on Sunday to discuss two bombs reports released this weekend, one from The New York Times and one from The Washington Post, which revealed new details about whether or not Trump and his aides have colluded with Russia.

The Post reported that Trump has gone to “extraordinary lengths” to conceal direct conversations he has had with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The Times article revealed that the FBI opened a counterintelligence investigation into Trump after he fired former bureau director James Comey in 2017, suspecting the president could be working on behalf of Russia. Trump has angrily denied allegations that he worked with Russia and has regularly attacked the media for reporting on the investigation. But Bernstein slammed Trump’s dismissal of the probe.

“This is about the most serious counterintelligence people we have in the U.S. government saying, ‘Oh, my God, the president’s words and actions lead us to conclude that somehow he has become a witting, unwitting, or half-witting pawn, certainly in some regards, to Vladimir Putin,'” Bernstein explained during his appearance on Reliable Sources .
    Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/mueller-rep...nalist-1289541

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mueller Draft Report Says Trump 'Helped Putin Destabilize the United States', Watergate Journalist S [View all]
    Source: Newsweek

Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/mueller-rep...nalist-1289541
    When the words "I am submitting a report at the end of my investigation"
    come directly out of Mueller's mouth -

then I will believe this - about a "report"

Otherwise - the law is the law and if there are crimes - there will be indictments - or
    there will be an official "no charges filed" if Trump is innocent.

Mueller has never stated that his investigation will result in merely some report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're really depending on Mueller to indict the orange menace, aren't you?

Have you considered what your next rhetorical tack might be if he doesn't, Spurs Homer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dp
    Last edited by Winehole23; 01-16-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're really depending on Mueller to indict the orange menace, aren't you?

Have you considered what your next rhetorical tack might be if he doesn't, Spurs Homer?
    Depending?

No one is above the law in this country.

Have you considered how many other ways you will sell out the country?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've not sold out the USA because I'm not dead certain --- like you -- about an investigatory outcome.

Thread Information