Page 93 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3559
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Turner. I'm not sure they trade him. He's playing well in that system and he could be a great fit with Wiggins on the wings. He may get too big of a deal, though. He's playing out of his mind, and that could be fool's gold. For the right package, he's definitely not untouchable.

They need to trade Thad. He's just not a championship piece. Hawes like Turner is a keeper as he should fit in well with Noel. But if he doesn't want to stay, move him. I'm sure the Rockets would give up a pretty good haul for him.

I don't think Philly sees him in their plans at all. He wasn't even contacted about an extension to see what he'd accept, he has publicly admitted he expects to be traded(same with Hawes). Why would the Rockets give a good haul for Hawes? He's not worth anything close to Asik and they don't have anyone else except Lin close money wise. I think OKC is a lot more logical for Hawes than the Rockets. Philly isn't going to take Lin for him and nothing else makes sense. Even if its a 3 team deal Hawes isn't headlining a return for Asik.

Your post seems like you haven't read any new info on Philly this summer, and you hate the Rockets :P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Philly sees him in their plans at all. He wasn't even contacted about an extension to see what he'd accept, he has publicly admitted he expects to be traded(same with Hawes). Why would the Rockets give a good haul for Hawes? He's not worth anything close to Asik and they don't have anyone else except Lin close money wise. I think OKC is a lot more logical for Hawes than the Rockets. Philly isn't going to take Lin for him and nothing else makes sense. Even if its a 3 team deal Hawes isn't headlining a return for Asik.

Your post seems like you haven't read any new info on Philly this summer, and you hate the Rockets :P
    Turner said he expected to be traded in the off-season. He wasn't on a string of 20+ point games then. He looks worth his contract and draft status now. They could trade him, but they may keep him if he shows consistency. He's been arguably the best player even with MCW doing his thing.

Hawes fits the Rockets' system better than Asik does. He's a stretch-five, which is ultrarare. Houston will have to bench Asik in the playoffs. It's very possible that there's a trade where Asik goes to Atlanta, assets go to Philly and Hawes goes to Houston. In general that's the type of trade that it would take for the 76ers to move him if he keeps playing well.

I lived in Philly for five years. I may be incorrect in my analysis, but it won't be because I've ignored news on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers are too good right now and the Nuggets are too bad... Both team might be open to a move...

Also Glen Rice Jr and Vesely dont seem to be in the Wizards rotation... Like both... Not sure what Id sent back along with Bonner...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Turner. I'm not sure they trade him. He's playing well in that system and he could be a great fit with Wiggins on the wings. He may get too big of a deal, though. He's playing out of his mind, and that could be fool's gold. For the right package, he's definitely not untouchable.

They need to trade Thad. He's just not a championship piece. Hawes like Turner is a keeper as he should fit in well with Noel. But if he doesn't want to stay, move him. I'm sure the Rockets would give up a pretty good haul for him.
    Yeah, his 2014 QO as the #2 pick in his draft, just to keep him restricted next summer is $8.7M. They're not going to offer him that, so they're likely to lose him for nothing. I think they'll trade him if they can get a decent asset or pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, his 2014 QO as the #2 pick in his draft, just to keep him restricted next summer is $8.7M. They're not going to offer him that, so they're likely to lose him for nothing. I think they'll trade him if they can get a decent asset or pick.
    If Turner contines to average 22/7/4 he'll be worth more than that. If the team thinks he's turned the corner, they may well keep him. Teams don't like to let picks go if they still have potential. Turner will get a good defensive test from Kawhi Monday, but he's already put up good games on Trevor Ariza, Luol Deng and Lebron James.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers are too good right now and the Nuggets are too bad... Both team might be open to a move...

Also Glen Rice Jr and Vesely dont seem to be in the Wizards rotation... Like both... Not sure what Id sent back along with Bonner...
    I think Denver will tank if they can. I don't think they'll be a buyer this season. With the way Houston has started the season, they could be. Chicago, Detroit and New Orleans too.

Bonner for Vesely and De Colo for Singleton is about as fair as it gets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres and Belinelli are approaching the date that'll make them eligible for a trade... I know it's not the kind of move the Spurs usually make but it'll still open up more possibilities...

I'm not sure Belinelli would really be traded but Ayres on the other hand...

I know it's not popular and I talked about it already but I'd make a move for Lin, sure he's expensive but Parker need someone who could potentially play 20 minutes behind him this season even tho I'm not sure TP would be ok with playing less than 30min thus basically making it even harder to make the All Star team... But he got to do what he wanted this summer so it'd be hard for him to say no on that. The fact is he went to the Finals then played all summer and now he's basically carrying the team. A team almost exclusively led by a tired Parker come PO time? I don't like that idea (and I love TP)...

Lin has flaws (mainly being TO prone and having a hard time playing off the ball at least last season) but after being so overrated it feels like he's now kinda underrated...

Having said that :
    Bonbon + scrubs for Lin

Now if all we're offering is cap relief maybe the scrubs have to be Mills and De Colo the other expirings, I don't know tbh, could be problematic to resign Diaw...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather go for Nelson. He counts for the same cap hit, is much better and has an expiring contract.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See anyone on the Washington or Toronto rosters that might be a good fit? Seems like Bonner has fallen out of the rotation, along with CoJo and NDC. We might be able to turn them into something for anyone on a team looking to shed salary. Alexey Shved (MIN) has also fallen out of the rotation, and can be packaged with Derrick Williams. I don't see Pop biting on Turner because Marco, Manu, and Green look solid so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A strategy could be to trade the 2014 first rounder.

They did it during the Anthony Davis draft that got quite a bit of hype (sure it was a bit different as they needed to unload RJeff), strong drafts at the top don't mean great in the 30s... So why not do it again...

Cleveland has several second round picks :

2014 second round draft pick from MemphisMemphis' 2014 2nd round pick to Cleveland [Cleveland-Memphis, 7/25/2012]
    2014 second round draft pick from Orlando
    Orlando's 2014 2nd round pick to Cleveland [Cleveland-Orlando, 6/23/2011]

So I'd send our first
    (+ eventually something else) for Karasev and a second... Will the Spurs really have any room to had a rookie next year anyway?

Karasev gets two years to learn from Turnobili before replacing him and becomes the backup SF in the mean time... Could get 10-12min behind Kawhi...

Lots of wishful thinking involved in that one I know but I bet Pop would love to get him as well...

The huge risk would be a Parker injury that could make the Spurs pick rise up to 15-20 but I'm not even sure that'd really be the case, teams who're trying to tank are failing right now, too many bad teams this year, with so many teams betting on having a bad record it seems like it'd be better to bet on being really good...
    Last edited by Baam; 11-11-2013 at 05:14 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See anyone on the Washington or Toronto rosters that might be a good fit? Seems like Bonner has fallen out of the rotation, along with CoJo and NDC. We might be able to turn them into something for anyone on a team looking to shed salary. Alexey Shved (MIN) has also fallen out of the rotation, and can be packaged with Derrick Williams. I don't see Pop biting on Turner because Marco, Manu, and Green look solid so far.
    There's the usual suspects on these teams : Derrick Williams, Amir Johnson, Vesely, Singleton... Shved looks too similar to De Colo imo...
    Last edited by Baam; 11-11-2013 at 05:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
    CLE and SAC have been working the phones and exploring possible trades, per source. Both teams are open to making a move after slow start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thompson and Vasquez are targets from Sacramento. I'd also like Karasev, but I think Cleveland is looking for a vet. The Spurs have little to offer teams besides low-level prospects and cap relief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's too bad we can't spare what Cleveland really wants : a SF, because they look determined to make a bad trade to get a PO spot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't understand why the Spurs didn't get this guy to come to training camp :

http://www.euroleague.net/compe io...ayer?pcode=LHF

Had a good Eurobasket this summer, plus it gave him plenty of experience playing with Boris and he is now beasting in the Euroleague... Could beat both Ayers and Baynes for the forth big spot tbh... Maybe he wanted a guaranteed contract, that's the only explanation but even then he would probably have been better than Ayers...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRob with a great game for the Blazers :

Wed 11/13 W 90-89 17min 6-9 .667 0-0 .000 3-9 .333 8 0 1 1 2 1 15pts

Could have been on our roster working with Chip on his FT shooting...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amir Johnson has been the Raptors best player for the past 2 seasons, he would fit really well with the Spurs IMO, he even spent the off-season working on a 3-point shot..Raptors could be willing to move him once they initiate tank mode, which everybody here(in T.O) expects at some point, tbh..

Spurs don't really have any assets, though, unfortunately..Raptors would be interested in Cory Joseph as a throw-in since he still has a solid Canadian following, and Bonner is still very popular in Toronto, but they aren't really considered assets..

From the Wiz, I'd love Ariza, he would fit well with the new Spurs philosophy IMO..Green/Leonard/Ariza would cause defensive havoc on opposing teams, and both Kawhi/Ariza can play small-ball 4, which allows the Spurs to match up against the Heat, Thunder and Warriors..

As for PGs, I agree with Chinook about Jameer, Spurs could use a PG that can create his own shot and has experience..if he's traded/bought out at some point, he would be an interesting option on this team..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can't really offer much, but boy does Ariza make sense.

I just don't see the Spurs willing to part ways with Bonner. Until Ayers or Baynes can show they can knock down that outside shot reliably, the Spurs need Bonner against teams like Memphis, GSW, and even Clippers in spectating situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asik trade talks have to be heating up, they can't afford not to play him and not to trade him for long or his value will drop...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Asik trade proposal :

Splitter (eligible on January 15) + 2014 1st for Asik

I know there's plenty of Tiago lovers that will call me stupid but Splitter's main value is post defense and Asik does it much better. I'm much more confident in Asik guarding Hibbert than Splitter and that seems like a pretty likely matchup...

Splitter is also nice for defending the PnR but with Boris current level I still think it's worth it... Splitter has started only one full series in his nba career and that was against the Grizz, I'd think that Asik would have done as good or better against their twin towers, other than that there's no PO evidence of Splitter being essential...

So I'd call Morey with that offer, timing is not optimal for us but if Morey the moneyballer likes Splitter then who knows, Asik could be willing to wait two month to start on a contender...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter was a top-15 player in both ORtg and DRtg last year. He's been worlds more productive that Asik. Omer being less mobile would be a HUGE issue. If he can't defend with Howard next to him, he'd get destroyed. I think switching out Asik for Splitter last year leads to a loss in the semis. Even if the Spurs made the Finals, how would Ask have helped them from the bench?

I wouldn't trade Splitter for Asik straight up. Its definitely not worth giving up a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How you say that we would have lost with Asik against Memphis when it looked like we would have won with only Bonner...

With that said where we could agree (or not) is that Splitter is a great fit with a strong Duncan. But with a weak Duncan Id take Asik (stronger rebounder and better rim protector) and I see a weak Duncan so far.

Splitters speed was less than useless against Miami anyway so that match-up doesn't matter for this trade but if you tell me Splitter can defend Hibbert just as well as Asik then I would be happy to keep him.

But if he can't and at year 4 of Splitter being a non factor in the POs people finally wonder about him being the new Bonner I will say o...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said the Spurs would have lost in the semis, meaning to Golden State. Splitter's mobility was invaluable in that series. The Warriors were teeing off on Duncan in the PnR the same way teams would do on both Duncan and Asik if they started together.

Post defense and rim protection are important but also deemphasized in today's NBA. Splitter will continue to be a more valuable big than Asik going forward not just for the Spurs but for most teams. And it's not like Asik made a difference in the playoffs, either. His defensive stats are worst than Splitter's despite facing inferior compe ion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't need a defensive big, anyways..

Duncan, while struggling on offense, is still at least a "good" defender, and Splitter is a solid all-around defender..if the Spurs acquire another big, he needs to be competent on offense, tbh..if not able to create for himself, then at least have the capability of making a jump shot..

Asik is a great defensive player and easily a superior interior defender to Splitter, but his offense is worse than Tiago's in every facet..acquiring a better interior defender but a far worse offensive player makes absolutely no sense for this Spurs team, tbh..Asik is essentially a zero on offense, opposing teams don't have to respect any facet of his offensive game..at least Splitter is a terrific passer and a very good pick&roll finisher..

The Spurs were an elite defensive team last year and they have looked the same so far this year..if they make a move, I'd say they need a backup guard that can create(Jameer Nelson, for instance) or a small-ball 4/athletic PF(although Kawhi + Diaw 2.0 is probably sufficient)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said the Spurs would have lost in the semis, meaning to Golden State. Splitter's mobility was invaluable in that series. The Warriors were teeing off on Duncan in the PnR the same way teams would do on both Duncan and Asik if they started together.
    Ok my mistake about the series, yeah he helped against the W's but they didn't have a dominant post player.

Post defense and rim protection are important but also deemphasized in today's NBA. Splitter will continue to be a more valuable big than Asik going forward not just for the Spurs but for most teams. And it's not like Asik made a difference in the playoffs, either. His defensive stats are worst than Splitter's despite facing inferior compe ion.
    Tell that to Roy Hibbert tbh... Maybe in the regular season but the post game is still ultra important in the POs, Lebron got his last two rings going in the post, Hibbert looked like the scariest monster in the league dominating in the post. The problem with Tiago is that he play like a center on offense, and no a dominant one. Boris is a successful pairing with both because he can do everything on O while still having decently quick feet to guard the PnR...

Now if to save Duncan you have to give him the low post (and he didn't look good even there but let's say that we play him closer to the basket or give him less touches). Then the "answer" would be a guy able to guard the bigger centers in the post (something Duncan shouldn't/can't do anymore) while spacing the floor for him or instead of him.

Well there's a guy that kinda fits that description, that had a great night against D12 and he can shoot... But you're gonna laugh at me if I say his name...

click there

And yeah I'm kinda serious.

Underrated post defender althought a really bad rebounder and team defender...
    Last edited by Baam; 11-17-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Thread Information