Page 171 of 193 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4810
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another DC candidate pops up.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    no at this moment i dont think texas could win the natty next year, but i certainly think they can win the big 12 and get into the CFP, which is far better than anything thats been done during hermans years, even though they had the talent level to do that every year hes been here

you said you think they aren't even close. i disagree.
    no I did not.

I said we don’t have it now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 is reporting that current DC Chris Ash is in very strong consideration to be retained.

They're also hearing increasing buzz on Blake Gideon. He is very well respected as a special teams coach, along with experience coaching safeties. He is currently a member of the Ole Miss staff.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Isn't Blake Gideon the fellow who ran behind opponents as they ran for touchdowns

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    no I did not.

I said we don’t have it now.
    o rly?

so you think Sarkissian was referring to conference championship talent?
    because we are not even close to a division one championship
    bet yew dewnt wanna go to the sideline and talk to the ol ball coach after det one i saiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddd !

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 is reporting that current DC Chris Ash is in very strong consideration to be retained.

They're also hearing increasing buzz on Blake Gideon. He is very well respected as a special teams coach, along with experience coaching safeties. He is currently a member of the Ole Miss staff.
    as long as he teaches the DBs not to drop game saving INTs that would get the team to a NC game, sounds good to me tbh

but i really hope ash is retained

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another DC candidate pops up.
    Good discussion on Arnett
    https://www.si.com/college/mississip...success-121820

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is very telling to me. No way a DC would sign off on this unless we have our guy already.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    tosh lupoi has started following ut admins............texas is about to hire the best bagman of all time..........texas is tired of losing & sees how the ncaa wont punish blue bloods........long overdue but texas is finally ready to play the $ec game...........\

look at that resume bruh............
    https://247sports.com/Coach/Tosh-Lup...lTimeRecruits/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Excellent.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    o rly?

bet yew dewnt wanna go to the sideline and talk to the ol ball coach after det one i saiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddd !
    oops...

Touche'

That definitely reeks of a time inference on my part.
    I stand saddened and corrected.
    I humbly ask for an apology even though I should not be granted one.

I still believe we dont have the talent however. We will already start behind with this incoming class unless some big switches take place.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    oops...

Touche'

That definitely reeks of a time inference on my part.
    I stand saddened and corrected.
    I humbly ask for an apology even though I should not be granted one.

I still believe we dont have the talent however. We will already start behind with this incoming class unless some big switches take place.
    lol it's all fun, no apologies needed

I agree the talent right now is not enough for a natty. but I think a good coach like saban or meyer could have them legit competing within 2 years.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    He’s only drinking top shelf from now on!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol it's all fun, no apologies needed

I agree the talent right now is not enough for a natty. but I think a good coach like saban or meyer could have them legit competing within 2 years.
    Agree.

But I could not be a fan.
    So it’s Sark or bust for me at present.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    More importantly, isn't Gideon the player who dropped the absolute gimme int that would have prevented the Crabtree winning TD?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More importantly, isn't Gideon the player who dropped the absolute gimme int that would have prevented the Crabtree winning TD?
    yes

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas is saying that they now expect Alabama OL coach Kyle Flood and QB/OC AJ Milwee to join the Sarkisian staff. This is pretty much what has been the consensus for a few days now from most sites. Just them giving further confirmation.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mike Roach unloaded on Herman's recruiting
    — Since the news of Tom Herman’s dismissal, I’ve been talking to many sources trying to find out where everything went wrong. Struggles on the field played out for everyone to see, but the recruiting difficulties late were something I didn’t see coming. As I wrote in The Stampede, it’s hard to knock a guy who cashed two Top 5 classes and a Top 10 class in his first three years on campus. In talking to sources, it seems that many times Texas excelled in recruiting despite its head coach.

— Perhaps I should have known right off the bat. When Herman was first hired, the reputation he had as a recruiter was fantastic. When I started calling around to gather reaction from coaches and recruits in the Houston area, I didn’t quite get the excitement I expected. In fact, some outright rolled their eyes when I asked about him. In Monday’s edition of The Stampede, I wrote about how arrogance and a lack of self-awareness plagued Herman and that was magnified at Texas.

— One source I spoke with who was close to Herman at Texas said he felt that his ego got the best of him. “Coming from Houston and Ohio State, he expected everything to be easy. When he faced adversity he didn’t know what to do.” For Herman, having some strong recruiters near him made up for it. Tim Beck was involved in just about everything Texas did in recruiting and covered up a lot of those issues. When Herb Hand was hired, Beck would go along on offensive line prospects and close. One such story I was told concerns Jaylen Garth. He was pretty much a slam dunk for Texas from the beginning, but Hand couldn’t quite close the deal. Because of his relationship with Roschon Johnson, Beck was able to step in and close it. As I came to find out, that type of pack recruiting was common.

— One former staffer I spoke with said the struggles in recruiting weren’t because the previous staff was great and the new staff was bad. They said that the old staff recruited well together, and gang recruited top kids. It was something they learned while at Houston because there were times when Herman wasn’t as involved with the recruiting effort. There were also times he meddled where he shouldn’t. The source told me that Drew Mehringer and Corby Meekins never got the credit they deserved because they were handcuffed on players at the position. Herman’s background was in coaching wide receivers and he wanted to have more oversight on that position than anything else. That caused Texas to stall or delay on targets like Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Marvin Mims. It was the reason Texas was late offering Jordan Whittington and initially offered him on defense. Even Garrett Wilson was in question when others on the staff wanted to move forward with an offer. Herman loved size in his receivers and valued it over the insane production of those previously mentioned.

— Many times, recruits mentioned that Tom Herman wasn’t as involved in the day-to-day recruitment like Lincoln Riley and Jimbo Fisher were. A former Texas staffer confirmed that Herman saw his role as primarily a closer. One source told me “Good head coaches recruit just as hard assistants do on the daily. It’s not just about the 20-minute meeting that you have with them on an unofficial visit.” In his role as a closer, Herman overestimated his position. One story that sticks out to me is the recruitment of Noah Cain. I had an excellent source near the four-star running back, and he told me that Noah agonized all night over the decision, but Tim Beck and Stan Drayton were bringing it home for Texas. After almost being ready to make the decision, Cain stalled one last time and Herman “blew his top” on him in a phone call. From that moment, the decision for Cain to move on and pick Penn State became easy and left a bad taste in the mouth of Cain’s parents.
    https://247sports.com/college/texas/...ght-158593985/
    Last edited by Juan Grande; 01-06-2021 at 01:30 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Kyle Flood is reported to be coming to Texas !!! yes !

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IT is saying he will be the strength coach. They expect Sark to hire a separate conditioning coach and split duties like Bama does.

Thread Information