My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll qualify this post with the fact Stephen Jackson is a top 10 Spur of all-time so you already know.

Am I the only one who wonders what could have been? We probably don’t end up with the Tim/Tony/Manu years but if Rodman and the Spurs could have figured sh!t out MJs legacy would be different.

https://www.kens5.com/article/sports...d-6a644e813c31

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have slowed his conversion to tranny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have slowed his conversion to tranny.
    haha he literally slept with some of the hottest women on the planet. He is who he is but on the court him and Five 0 could have been something special if they found a way to get on the same page.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    beards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis wasn't a leader, and didn't know how to follow a nice guy into battle.

Being a young piece on a veteran Detroit team full of guys that wouldn't hesitate to punch him in the mouth worked well for him. And in Chicago, MJ was a proven champion, so Dennis was smart enough not to talk smack about him or go against him.

It was a bad fit for David and for Dennis. Rodman was not cut out to be a positive leader for any team. Great player, but a bit piece, albeit a significant one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha he literally slept with some of the hottest women on the planet. He is who he is but on the court him and Five 0 could have been something special if they found a way to get on the same page.
    I actually believe Rodman is in the closet despite hooking up with a ton of women. I believe the reason why he's always depressed and crying is not just due to father abandonment issues but because he can't accept who he truly is which is that he's a gay man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually believe Rodman is in the closet despite hooking up with a ton of women. I believe the reason why he's always depressed and crying is not just due to father abandonment issues but because he can't accept who he truly is which is that he's a gay man.
    why does this matter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman’s thoughts on the Spurs and David Robinson when he arrived in San Antonio:

“I kind of wanted to know his at ude about the team. I went right down the roster and I just listened. What about Avery Johnson? What about David Robinson? He killed every player on the team. He said, ‘This team is soft and they’ll never win big games. David Robinson is overpaid and he’ll never make a big shot’,” Hill said.

Robinson missing free throws in the 1995 Western Conference Finals:

“So we are in the Western Conference Finals (1995 versus Houston) and remember what he told me back in training camp that David would never make a big shot … we’re down one point, David is on the line for two free-throws … David is on the foul line, David shoots the free throw, misses it. Dennis Rodman pivots and puts his hands out like, ‘I told you.’ David missed the next one and we ended up losing the game,” Hill said.
    The ? That didn't even happen. Bob Hill making ish up

Game 1 of that series, Elliott missed those two free throws that led to the loss. The only other close loss was Game 6 and there was never a point in the fourth when the Spurs were down one and Robinson missed two free throws. IIRC, the game was tied with about two minutes remaining and Robinson split a pair of free throws.

Hill is just making excuses for his terrible coaching that series, tbh. Imagine going against prime Hakeem and rarely ever sending a double team the whole series. Imagine going with a closing guard duo of Avery and Doc Rivers even though having Rodman on the court already hurt spacing. Imagine actually having Vinny Del Negro defend Clyde Drexler for long stretches on purpose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Game 1 of that series, Elliott missed those two free throws that led to the loss. The only other close loss was Game 6 and there was never a point in the fourth when the Spurs were down one and Robinson missed two free throws. IIRC, the game was tied with about two minutes remaining and Robinson split a pair of free throws.

Hill is just making excuses for his terrible coaching that series, tbh. Imagine going against prime Hakeem and rarely ever sending a double team the whole series. Imagine going with a closing guard duo of Avery and Doc Rivers even though having Rodman on the court already hurt spacing. Imagine actually having Vinny Del Negro defend Clyde Drexler for long stretches on purpose
    Bob Hill really was a piece of and what happened to him coaching wise after he left the Spurs pretty much confirms what a piece of he really was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My man. Preach!! Del Negro is the white, 90s Forbes. Brynn’s side chick probably selling Bucks champ merch outside the Alamo Dome right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bob Hill has a long history of throwing others under the bus.
    It was one of the reasons the players revolted on him and went to Pop.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well he was right though.. the team was soft... and even as a kid I didn't really trust Dave to hit big shots... just no killer instinct... as a matter of fact it surprised me when Avery hit that corner jumper against the Knicks in the finals... I think Mario Elie doesn't get enough credit and Jerome Kersey, Jaren Jackson etc for the moxie and toughness they brought.... which helped the "softness." Tim Duncan kind of was just a miracle in the sense that he was a "good guy" type but also had a quiet "edge" so to speak... truly remarkable dynamic personality traits...

the video about David talking to him about God though... I mean believe and all but better to understand then try to make someone be something they ain't...

with that being said... love David and the ol guys etc.. but you can be good guys without believing in "god" so to speak... and Tim, Tony, and Manu played the right way... Manu an atheist, Tony ing everyone's wives, and Duncan a model leader and non self professed "christian" or religion for all I know... etc...

kind of feel for Dennis for being judged though.. kind of ed up... someone who acts like that clearly has things going on in the background...

different era though for sure.. a lot more conservative then and a lot of bible thumping going around...
    Last edited by raybies; 08-29-2021 at 11:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hill kind of destroyed Robinson's legacy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why does this matter?
    The same way it doesn't matter when you brought up Rodman sleeping around with women.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Funny how a lot of those same weak, soft-ass players were making such clutch plays deep into the playoffs just four years later. Maybe the coaching had something to do with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bob Hill cared more about his closet of suits and his hair than he did about basketball, but he was a snappy dresser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill kind of destroyed Robinson's legacy.
    Actually, Robinson, Elliott, and AJ kind of destroyed Hill’s legacy. The man led the Spurs to 121 wins in two years, and his players despised him so much, they threw him under the bus. This is just Hill’s weak sauce nearly 25 years later response.

Honestly, I didn’t even realize Bob Hill was still alive. Even nothing college programs won’t touch him anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bob Hill cared more about his closet of suits and his hair than he did about basketball, but he was a snappy dresser.
    Bob Hill in : General Hospital

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman had no respect for Hill. People used to call Hill, "Bo" and Rodman called him, "Coach Ner." As in, "Boner." Both of them were asses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honestly, I didn’t even realize Bob Hill was still alive. Even nothing college programs won’t touch him anymore.
    Funny you say that, because I swear I heard he'd passed away. I figured this had to be an old article someone had posted. I was surprised to learn he's still kicking.

Thread Information