Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/why-lamarc...trade-win-win/

The Gist: Spurs get future assets, Portland Gets Aldridge and Aldridge gets to finish his career in Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It’s also unclear how much interest the Blazers have in a reunion with Aldridge."

Um ya there is no way Portland is giving up as much as described in the scenarios. Those would be great trades for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA never should've been a Spur, career loser whose never had what it takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true but we can't get any free agents regardless so we're stuck with who we get

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the content I like to see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the time wit KY?
    Was not it a decent thought?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of injured and / or washed up veterans plus a low first round pick isn’t exactly the most appealing package to part with your best player for. I’d rather keep him for next season (which would likely be Pop’s last), go all-in, and then thank him for his services next offseason when he’s past his prime and returns to Portland for his farewell tour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather trade him to a team that needs a second or third star to get them over the top. Sending him to Portland just because he prefers that is likely what the Spurs would do but the assets they'd trade suck for LMA. I'd rather look elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland wants to sign him for free, not trade valuable assets for him

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great deal but portland will probably wait and sign him as a FA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland wants to sign him for free, not trade valuable assets for him
    They cannot afford another year of not making a real push.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of injured and / or washed up veterans plus a low first round pick isn’t exactly the most appealing package to part with your best player for. I’d rather keep him for next season (which would likely be Pop’s last), go all-in, and then thank him for his services next offseason when he’s past his prime and returns to Portland for his farewell tour.

What does "go all-in" look like with this team?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But does it make sense for them with Nurk coming back?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But does it make sense for them with Nurk coming back?
    lillard/cj/anfernee/lma/nurkic soo yes it makes sense. The question is will POR sacrifice 1st round pick to get LMA one year earlier. I doubt.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lillard/cj/anfernee/lma/nurkic soo yes it makes sense. The question is will POR sacrifice 1st round pick to get LMA one year earlier. I doubt.
    I don't know. Dame has to be pretty fed up and is getting to the age where he can't afford to waste another year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A first round pick with LMA would net us a late first round pick which if I am Portland I am going all in win mode so would do it.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Dame has to be pretty fed up and is getting to the age where he can't afford to waste another year.
    i did not notice that POR cant trade 1st 2020, only 2021 draft, soo yeah now it makes more sense for POR.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they could pick and trade the Players Spurs want after the Draft.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they could pick and trade the Players Spurs want after the Draft.
    imo 14th draft player+collins,hood and ariza is too much for lma, isnt it??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think this basic trade has been thrown around on this forum for awhile. Maybe had Whiteside before as an expiring contract.

Im ok with it. Not gonna get a huge return on a 34 year old player. Not familiar enough Collins to guesstimate his potential . Article doesn't get into contract terms of the players involved. SA is looking to have space in 2021 and I don't think they would do this trade unless they had a clear path to dump any player that goes beyond that date.

I would also throw this in:

Looks like they all have potential to be off books by 2021. But taking on Hood and Ariza. Would look to have one or both of them and/or Gay to be gone as well. Old and/or injured SFs ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've had this discussion before and I still don't buy that the Trail Blazers would move two quality young assets and gut their wing depth, only to be left with a top heavy, ill-fitting roster.

The logical trade is still Aldridge for Nurkic. Who knows if he'll ever be the same again, but if he can even get back to 80-90%, the Spurs more than likely can't get a better asset than that. Meanwhile, the Trail Blazers would be left with a sensible roster that would leave them squarely in pseudo contention territory.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo 14th draft player+collins,hood and ariza is too much for lma, isnt it??
    Depends on how ad they want him back. Aldridge was an all star last year I think. He is getting old yes but still has a few years. 14th pick is also not a high pick. the pick is the main component of this trade most of the rest is cap filler/some hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've had this discussion before and I still don't buy that the Trail Blazers would move two quality young assets and gut their wing depth, only to be left with a top heavy, ill-fitting roster.

The logical trade is still Aldridge for Nurkic. Who knows if he'll ever be the same again, but if he can even get back to 80-90%, the Spurs more than likely can't get a better asset than that. Meanwhile, the Trail Blazers would be left with a sensible roster that would leave them squarely in pseudo contention territory.
    Hood and Ariza wouldn’t be gutting their depth at all. They have Little there ready for a bigger role and Melo. Not to mention Ariza/Hood suck.So between guys on their roster needing bigger roles and MLE to replace some depth, no question they improve their team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are many teams that could use LMA where trades are conceivable. POR makes a ton of sense because there already seems to be more than mutual interest between the two star players and a history and environment (Lillard getting PAID & POR needing to advance).

But the real question is going to be what is SA planning to do? If Pop sticks around then it seems highly unlikely they will change course? If Pop didn’t want this last season to be a rebuild for his last year, why would he want his real last year to be a rebuild?

Spurs have shown a stunning lack of direction and cohesiveness and creativity so I am not holding my breath on them working deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather rid derozan and keep Aldridge. When LA is shooting 3s he’s the perfect center for today’s game ; he’s a good rim protector as well

Thread Information