Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great to see the "bigger than basketball" narrative has infected every part of the organization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkqlE1J7uXw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait until ducks see this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great to see the "bigger than basketball" narrative has infected every part of the organization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkqlE1J7uXw
    Might as well focus on something besides basketball at this point... , every other coach and fo person is...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloomsburg is fairly moderate and even a bit right of center on healthcare, crime, and spending. He's essentially the best of all world's candidate with the lowest negatives. A wise endorsement for a celebrity not wishing to cause ire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad Tim and others speak out. Not a Bloomberg fan myself and surprised Tim is. But Tim does have a lot of money himself so it makes sense that he would want what Trump does without it being Trump (in terms of policy).

I get the reason as it was close to Tim, but doing one good thing is not enough for me to vote for someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloomsburg is fairly moderate and even a bit right of center on healthcare, crime, and spending. He's essentially the best of all world's candidate with the lowest negatives. A wise endorsement for a celebrity not wishing to cause ire.
    He sucks IMO, but yeah. He’s a Republican piggy backing off the DNC because he knows he can’t oppose Trump in his own party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sucks IMO, but yeah. He’s a Republican piggy backing off the DNC because he knows he can’t oppose Trump in his own party.
    Tim is the quintessential moderate. The Big Fundamental.

Elizabeth Warren would be best (to quote Melania) but that's looking like a half-court shot at this point.

Stay engaged Tim!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I more see it as a character statement. He saw the guy hustling first hand and wanted to express that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad Tim and others speak out. Not a Bloomberg fan myself and surprised Tim is. But Tim does have a lot of money himself so it makes sense that he would want what Trump does without it being Trump (in terms of policy).

I get the reason as it was close to Tim, but doing one good thing is not enough for me to vote for someone.
    My instincts say this too but thinking twice on it, Bloomberg helped him do what was most important to TD at the most desperate moment. TD didn't go into further details about Bloomberg's policy and etc... TD probably doesn't have time to be in full-time politics but this video is just a for tat. Seems like a wise trade off for TD. TD is doing good work in his hometown when he doesn't have to and using his resources. This coming from a Yang and Bernie fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt TD cares about politics like Poop but I see this as more of a thank you to Bloomberg for aiding his home islands after the hurricane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    geez, why can't every athlete agree with my political views? and damn those athletes for speaking out in public! don't they know that they're just minstrels (unless, of course, the agree with me).
    Last edited by rjv; 02-19-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt TD cares about politics like Poop but I see this as more of a thank you to Bloomberg for aiding his home islands after the hurricane
    Didn't Tim endorse Niko LaHood for DA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My instincts say this too but thinking twice on it, Bloomberg helped him do what was most important to TD at the most desperate moment. TD didn't go into further details about Bloomberg's policy and etc... TD probably doesn't have time to be in full-time politics but this video is just a for tat. Seems like a wise trade off for TD. TD is doing good work in his hometown when he doesn't have to and using his resources. This coming from a Yang and Bernie fan.
    Same - agree 100% (Go Bernie! )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same - agree 100% (Go Bernie! )
    Don’t normally do politics but a vote for Bernie in the primaries is a vote for Trump in the general election with the bonus of losing the house. Bernie is the woke generations’ Eugene McCarthy. Been there, done that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t normally do politics but a vote for Bernie in the primaries is a vote for Trump in the general election with the bonus of losing the house. Bernie is the woke generations’ Eugene McCarthy. Been there, done that.
    probably for the best.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I think it's a solid choice.
    I normally lean Dems but Im not party loyal and I want the best choice and for me if Mike B can beat Trump (I doubt any of the other Dems/Rros can) might as well go that way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Policy-wise, I don't know that there would be much of a difference between Bloomberg and Trump. Tim Duncan endorsing Bloomberg wouldn't move my vote one way or the other. But it's nice Tim has decided who he'd vote for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably for the best.
    You rock bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I normally lean Dems but Im not party loyal and I want the best choice and for me if Mike B can beat Trump (I doubt any of the other Dems/Rros can) might as well go that way.
    So let's go with the tried and true method of the center right candidate running on "I'm not Trump" because it was so wildly successful in 2016?

I make love to pressure. CapitalEmm's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least he didn’t endorse Bernie tbh.

I do follow politics and picnroll is right on. Bernie has zero chance of winning the general election electorally.

Woke leftists have purity tested all the rational candidates out of the race, so ironically they’ve opened the door for Bloomberg who out of everybody left, probably fares best against Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least he didn’t endorse Bernie tbh.

I do follow politics and picnroll is right on. Bernie has zero chance of winning the general election electorally.

Woke leftists have purity tested all the rational candidates out of the race, so ironically they’ve opened the door for Bloomberg who out of everybody left, probably fares best against Trump.
    Biden fan or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Not going to get into it - no point. People who think like this are already lost (IMO) so no point in trying to win people over. But for many reasons, disagree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than one person can beat Trump. How anyone, especially people of color, can have an issue with Trump and then support Bloomberg is beyond me, but I digress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Policy-wise, I don't know that there would be much of a difference between Bloomberg and Trump. Tim Duncan endorsing Bloomberg wouldn't move my vote one way or the other. But it's nice Tim has decided who he'd vote for.
    For sure - nothing a famous person does should sway anyone (I know it does, but it shouldn’t)

Thread Information