Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Great hire.

Dont fuck with me
    Post Count
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont fuck with me
    Post Count
    Someone needs to light a FIRE up these kids asses they are too talented to be 7-5

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    haha looks like that rumor got shut down quick.

I'm the greatest kamikazi_player's Avatar
    My Team
    Fresno State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    No, he's coaching the Cowboys next season

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter who they bring in, as long as he makes sure graduation rates plummet and arrests go up. What an embarrassment Randy Shannon was. What ever happened to tradition?

Dont fuck with me
    Post Count
    Things starting to stir back up again gruden may be here after all .

Dont fuck with me
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter who they bring in, as long as he makes sure graduation rates plummet and arrests go up. What an embarrassment Randy Shannon was. What ever happened to tradition?
    Bro a former player of his spencer adkins said on the radio that he held players out of playing time if they would up or didnt act like choir boys .

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    we can't all have coaches who try to get players to cover up murder.

and actually, shannon was starting to get that program to be respectable when it came to academics and behavior. it was the on the field product that was not acceptable.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

November 30, 2010
    Details being worked to try to close Gruden deal

Gary Ferman
    CaneSport.com

Sources have told CaneSport that final details are being hammered out and, barring a last minute glitch, Jon Gruden will be the next Miami Hurricanes football coach. Read on for this huge exclusive breaking news.

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    giggity giggity

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    Says the fan of a Big 12 school...they still have "Football 101" on the curriculum out there?

If Randy Shannon was your (well, maybe not you because Baylor is used to being dog ) team's coach he'd have been run out of town already. None of his players have improved, in fact they've regressed noticeably. Good riddance, glory days ahead again.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    we can't all have coaches who try to get players to cover up murder.

and actually, shannon was starting to get that program to be respectable when it came to academics and behavior. it was the on the field product that was not acceptable.
    I don't know which paragraph of your post is funnier. Clearly you completely misunderstood my post, but congrats on the dig. Go build a bonfire.

The third highest graduation rate in the nation behind Army and Navy aside, 9-3, 9-4, 7-5 in three years isn't bad. This is the first season that they didn't finish strong. Seems premature, but we'll see how rebuilding again goes for them. They've certainly got some talent there.

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    The third highest graduation rate in the nation behind Army and Navy aside, 9-3, 9-4, 7-5 in three years isn't bad. This is the first season that they didn't finish strong. Seems premature, but we'll see how rebuilding again goes for them. They've certainly got some talent there.
    Good for them, seriously I hope Baylor continues to improve...if for nothing else then the fact that I can't stand most of the other teams in that conference.

I wasn't trying to be a , but I don't get where people (not saying you, just in general) assume that b/c Shannon is gone it's going to go back to Thug U. If Gruden takes the job he'll hold these kids accountable, only this time we'll have a coach who actually understands the game. Shannon--although a likable guy and former UM player--was dumb as a rock when it came to coaching and player development. Look at Sam Shields for GB, who was only drafted b/c of his blazing speed. The coaches there said he couldn't remember or understand plays when he got to the Packers, but they helped him memorize by using flashcards (sad, but true). You mean to tell me in 2-3 seasons at Miami that Shannon couldn't even teach this kid how to handle his OWN defensive assignments? And that's just one example...don't get me started on that trainwreck Jacory Harris.

As for the academic standards, sure, have some...but lets not kid ourselves, these players aren't exactly the cure for cancer. They see college as their meal ticket.

There's absolutely no reason for Miami not to be a BCS team every year. It's freaking MIAMI for sake, it sells itself. Shannon has bungled this to epic proportions. Time to bring in a coach who immediately grabs recruits' attention and runs a pro-style offense, thus better preparing them for the pros (a la Carroll's USC teams).

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Good for them, seriously I hope Baylor continues to improve...if for nothing else then the fact that I can't stand most of the other teams in that conference.

I wasn't trying to be a , but I don't get where people (not saying you, just in general) assume that b/c Shannon is gone it's going to go back to Thug U. If Gruden takes the job he'll hold these kids accountable, only this time we'll have a coach who actually understands the game. Shannon--although a likable guy and former UM player--was dumb as a rock when it came to coaching and player development. Look at Sam Shields for GB, who was only drafted b/c of his blazing speed. The coaches there said he couldn't remember or understand plays when he got to the Packers, but they helped him memorize by using flashcards (sad, but true). You mean to tell me in 2-3 seasons at Miami that Shannon couldn't even teach this kid how to handle his OWN defensive assignments? And that's just one example...don't get me started on that trainwreck Jacory Harris.

As for the academic standards, sure, have some...but lets not kid ourselves, these players aren't exactly the cure for cancer. They see college as their meal ticket.

There's absolutely no reason for Miami not to be a BCS team every year. It's freaking MIAMI for sake, it sells itself. Shannon has bungled this to epic proportions. Time to bring in a coach who immediately grabs recruits' attention and runs a pro-style offense, thus better preparing them for the pros (a la Carroll's USC teams).
    I think maybe you misunderstood my post. The stats I gave you were Miami, not Baylor. They had those records and that graduation rate under Shannon. Did I get my numbers wrong?

BTW, I've been an FSU fan for 25 years, so I want to see a strong Miami team. I was happy with the direction they've been going. Basically it felt like the coach got fired for losing to South Florida. Kind of crappy.

Dont fuck with me
    Post Count

Wrong shields was a receiver till his senior year i give credit to randy shannon for moving him to corner but thats about it .

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    I think maybe you misunderstood my post. The stats I gave you were Miami, not Baylor. They had those records and that graduation rate under Shannon. Did I get my numbers wrong?

BTW, I've been an FSU fan for 25 years, so I want to see a strong Miami team. I was happy with the direction they've been going. Basically it felt like the coach got fired for losing to South Florida. Kind of crappy.
    I'm not sure about the academic stats, but I think those records are right. Those records "aren't bad" but they are unacceptable for UM standards. I could live with that if they were playing in the SEC, but the ACC has been nothing but mediocre since Tech and UM joined the conference. Randy Shannon is 16-16 against the ACC! Goddamn that's pathetic. The South Florida loss was the final justification to get him fired, and for that I need to send the Bulls a gift basket.

So much hope going into this year--and outside of the game @OSU, are schedule was set up nicely with both VT and FSU in Miami. Yet they regressed horribly.

Props to Jimbo Fisher, in one year he has the Noles one win away from a BCS game. Must be nice to have a competent coach.

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    Wrong shields was a receiver till his senior year i give credit to randy shannon for moving him to corner but thats about it .
    True, I was referring to the kid's general lack of football knowledge prior to being taught by GB

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    True, I was referring to the kid's general lack of football knowledge prior to being taught by GB
    lol sam shields oh ... fast as but hands were made of stones

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    bump so lebomb can see he was late

Thread Information