My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf...ory?id=5862368

DALLAS -- TCU has accepted a bid to the Big East Conference, which will take effect July 1, 2012, according to sources familiar with the deal. The school has set a news conference for 1 p.m. CT on campus to make "a major announcement involving the TCU athletics program."

A source confirmed the move to ESPN.com's Joe Schad Monday as well.

Big East commissioner John Marinatto and associate commissioner in charge of communications John Paquette flew to Dallas on Sunday in advance of the announcement, according to a New York Daily News story earlier Monday.

The school's release said athletic director Chris Del Conte would be present at the news conference along with school chancellor Victor Boschini.

The conference change allows TCU to play in an automatic BCS-qualifying league beginning in the 2012-13 school year. TCU currently plays in the Mountain West Conference, which does not have an automatic bid to the BCS and is going through some changes of its own. BYU and Utah are leaving the conference just as Boise State enters.

TCU would become the Big East's ninth football team. The conference has extended an invitation to Villanova to become its 10th football member.

TCU is 12-0 and ranked No. 3 in the BCS. The Frogs are at the very least headed to the Rose Bowl. But if Auburn or Oregon slip up this weekend, TCU is poised to play for a national le.

The Frogs might not have been headed to a BCS game without Boise State's loss Friday night in overtime at Nevada. Had the Broncos remained undefeated, there was a distinct possibility that the Broncos could have passed TCU in the BCS standings and been the only non-automatic qualifier school to get into one of the top-level bowls.

The conference change is for all sports, meaning TCU enters a strong basketball league and should get exposure in more eastern sports markets. The league as a whole will now have 17 teams.

The Big East will be the fourth conference for TCU since the Southwest Conference broke apart after the 1995 season and the Frogs weren't among the Texas schools that became part of the Big 12.

TCU was in the WAC from 1996-2000 before going to Conference USA for four seasons and then joining the Mountain West in 2005.
    LOL Boise State!

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Fml

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    must, look, at, bright, side:

BSU now the only real BCS Buster left, easier road to auto bid
    no more BCS controversy
    enjoy watching TCU and Utah go 8-4 and 6-6 respectively, remembering how they went to 3 BCS games as MWC teams, and will go to none as members of the Big East and Pac12

ah who am I kidding, the Big East sucks, TCU could win that Conference in their first year

F-ing big east just stealing BCS money

My Team
    Trinity Tigers
    Post Count
    Hard to believe TCU couldn't have gotten an invite to the diminished Big 12 ... unless, of course, they didn't want to play with the big boys.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Hard to believe TCU couldn't have gotten an invite to the diminished Big 12 ... unless, of course, they didn't want to play with the big boys.
    Not hard to believe actually. The Big 12 even without Nebraska and Colorado already had the TV market that TCU resides in thus providing no additional value for the conference, thus they never received an invite.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    The Big-12 won't be around very long anyway.

Post Count
    Big XII didn't want TCU. It never did and never has.

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    must, look, at, bright, side:

BSU now the only real BCS Buster left, easier road to auto bid
    no more BCS controversy
    enjoy watching TCU and Utah go 8-4 and 6-6 respectively, remembering how they went to 3 BCS games as MWC teams, and will go to none as members of the Big East and Pac12

ah who am I kidding, the Big East sucks, TCU could win that Conference in their first year

F-ing big east just stealing BCS money
    Agreed...this is strictly a self-preservation move. Regionally it makes no sense whatsoever.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    good move on their part.

I'm the greatest kamikazi_player's Avatar
    My Team
    Fresno State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    WTH, without TCU, now the MWC looks just like the WAC.

Post Count
    Its more like, your so called ''big boys'' didn't want to play with TCU.

Post Count
    This move is devastating to the MWCand bad for the Big 12. This will mark the first time in Texas's college football history that 2 major conferences had a flag in the state. TCU's recruiting should benefit greatly with this move.

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    This move is devastating to the MWCand bad for the Big 12. This will mark the first time in Texas's college football history that 2 major conferences had a flag in the state. TCU's recruiting should benefit greatly with this move.
    yeah, they're probably going to dominate the Big East, if they can get a good QB

My Team
    Utah Utes
    Post Count
    Agreed...this is strictly a self-preservation move. Regionally it makes no sense whatsoever.
    TCU's average travel will almost be the same as it was in the MWC. 1,200 miles per trip in the Big East and over 1,000 miles in the MWC. Geographically it makes no sense, but TCU in the MWC made no sense either.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'm guessing it has more to do with the big boys not wanting to play with TCU. DFW is a major recruiting hub for all the B12 schools. I'm sure the last thing they'd want is to give DFW recruits the opportunity to play big 12 football without leaving home.

Post Count
    More to do with the Big XII not wanting to split its huge payday 11 ways.

Post Count
    TCU won't do as good.

My Team
    North Texas Mean Green
    Post Count
    More to do with the Big XII not wanting to split its huge payday 11 ways.
    lolololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    neh. The Big 12 won't get hit any recruiting wise.

TCU's recruiting might get marginally better if at all.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Damn it.

I'm inclined to agree. I think many will be surprised when TCU does not dominate as expected.

Thread Information